RemedySpot.com

Re: Walt I love your tagline.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

It is quaint but we do have a bridge and two Ferry's we are about 60 miles north of Seattle right by CanadaAnd no mail boat and they retired the mail Donkey a couple of years ago

So one From Texas

I was in Lubbock in 1972 I think, right after a big Tornado, And I spent two and a half years in Wichita KS at the air force Base 1975-77

Walt, Whidbey Island Wa

IPF, NSIP, UIP, DIP 10/06

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

Subject: Walt I love your tagline.To: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 12:52 PM

Isn't Whidbey Island one of those quaint little places we read about that has to have mail delivered by boat? It sounds lovely, just from the name. S, Lubbock, TXNSIP w/PF et al> > From: Beth <mbmurtha@.. .>> Subject: Re: A PF Newbie - Little History> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 11:27 AM> > > > > > > > > > Tom,> Welcome aboard! I'm sorry you have reason to be here but since you do, it's good that you found us. It does sound like you've got a complex history and it's interesting to note that you've been hit with more than one autoimmune disease. (Stills and Sjorgren's) There are several here with dual or multiple autoimmune dx. I have uctd

(undifferentiated connective tissue disease) that the feel probably caused my fibrosis even though the fibrosis was diagnosed first.> > I hope you will find the support and friendship here that I have since I joined slightly over 2 years ago. I'm 49 years old, divorced, mother of a 23 year old son who lives about 3 hours away from me. I live now in Durham NC but I lived most of my life in the suburbs of NYC and moved to Durham late last fall. I'm a nurse by education. Prior to my illness I worked in the pharmaceutical industry but am now on SSDI.> > Again, welcome to the group!!> > Beth > Moderator > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > -----

Original Message ----> From: Tom <uncle_fuzzy@ verizon.net>> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:03:07 PM> Subject: A PF Newbie - Little History> > > > Hi everyone.> > I just joined your support group and wanted to give a little > history. Maybe there is someone else out there with a similar series > of events I can hook up with to compare notes.> > My story starts out back in Sept 2003 with what was dx as an > infection of one of my salivary glands. Treated that with > antibiotics and probing into the salivary gland duct. From there I > started having recurring problems with my feet and ankles. There was > a lot of swelling and dx each time with cellulitis of my ankles and > feet. Ultrasounds for clots were always negative and antibiotics >

cleared them up. Sometimes it was one leg, then the other and > sometimes both. Assumed this was related to venous vein problems. > Finally was admitted after a fairly bad attack and had an infectious > disease consult with infectious desease Doc who decided that it did > not appear these were infection related and referred me to my current > Rheumatologist. After many tests and as symptoms increased and > changed, I was DX 5/2005 with an autoimmune condition known as Adult > Onset Still's Disease. It is DX from ruling out many other > conditions. Symptoms of mine were, polyartcular arthritis, > splenomegaly, anemia, high spiking fevers and a salmon colored rash. > The fevers are a lot of fun. Mine occurred 2 times a day and rose to > 104+. Mine happened at about 6PM and then 3AM and each lasted about > 2 hours. This is fairly common although

some effected may have only > 1 fever per day. The fevers can occur for several months or longer > and then go away. Other systemic issues can be inflammation of the > liver, pleural effusions, pericarditis and pericardial effusions. > Labs are usually screwed up with increase Sed rate and CRP. RA > Factor and Lupus ANA are negative. The condition is very related to > the Systemic form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, only it occurs > after 18 years old. For Stills have been treated with Remicade > infusion every 6 weeks and 20mg of prednisone a day and 25 mg > methotrexate per week. Remicade and Methotrexate had to be on hold > when I had a skin cancer removed from my scalp. Got infected and off > meds from November 07 until Feb 08. Restarted in Feb then the > pulmonary stuff kicked into high gear.> > Well, anyway.....Got hit with asthma in

11/2006. got this pretty > much controlled until a bad case put me in the hospital again March > 2008 after just ready to get back into the treament plan. Controlled > the March asthma with IV Solumedrol. Then admitted again with O2 sat > of 86% in April 08. Chest xrays normal but bilateral Pulmonary > infiltrates noted in a CAT Scan. Had a lung biopsy and appeared that > my infiltrates were due to the Stills autoimmune disease. Have been > in the hospital 2 more times with infections since then. > > So now I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary > Fibrosis to add to my Still's Disease. By the way, last visit to my > rheumatologist showed me to have Sjrogren's syndrome as well.> > Am currently on Imuran 150mg/day, down to 25mg/day of prednisone and > a bunch of other junk. Also, Remicade infusion of 10mg/mg

every 6 > weeks and Procrit prn depending on my hemoglobin level.> > That is my story and I have seen only 2 others on the Stills site who > may be related. My story is probably similar to some of the > individuals with PF and RA.> > Here is the Stills Foundation site, if anyone is interested.> > http://stillsdiseas e.org> > Tom>

Ah yes, the famous tornado in May of 72 that almost wiped Lubbock

off the map. We wait every year for that to happen again. In fact

about a year ago I watched a tornado from my front door. Then went

out front so I could see it better. It was cool. About 2-3 months

ago we had a downburst that blew away a carwash about 2 blocks from

my home. We just know in Lubbock that we are going to have wind,

some bigger than other wind, but wind. And dust.

The air base here in Lubbock closed in about 96 I think. Son-in-law

is stationed at Tyndall in Florida. He is a 2ndlt training as an

ABM. He'll probably go to Tinker next year after SEAR training to

finish his ABM. He is working in hind end off.

75 was a good year - that is the year I graduated high school.

Those were the days.

I have always wanted to see your part of the world. Does it rain a

lot?

> >

> > From: Beth <mbmurtha@ .>

> > Subject: Re: A PF Newbie - Little History

> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 11:27 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Tom,

> > Welcome aboard!  I'm sorry you have reason to be here but since

> you do, it's good that you found us. It does sound like you've got

a

> complex history and it's interesting to note that you've been hit

> with more than one autoimmune disease. (Stills and Sjorgren's) 

> There are several here with dual or multiple autoimmune dx.  I

have

> uctd (undifferentiated connective tissue disease) that the feel

> probably caused my fibrosis even though the fibrosis was diagnosed

> first.

> >  

> > I hope you will find the support and friendship here that I have

> since I joined slightly over 2 years ago. I'm 49 years old,

> divorced, mother of a 23 year old son who lives about 3 hours away

> from me.  I live now in Durham NC but I lived most of my life in

the

> suburbs of NYC and moved to Durham late last fall.  I'm a nurse by

> education. Prior to my illness I worked in the

> pharmaceutical  industry but am now on SSDI.

> >  

> > Again, welcome to the group!!

> >  

> > Beth 

> > Moderator 

> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> >  

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive    

> >  

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > A PF Newbie - Little History

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi everyone.

> >

> > I just joined your support group and wanted to give a little

> > history. Maybe there is someone else out there with a similar

> series

> > of events I can hook up with to compare notes.

> >

> > My story starts out back in Sept 2003 with what was dx as an

> > infection of one of my salivary glands. Treated that with

> > antibiotics and probing into the salivary gland duct. From there

I

> > started having recurring problems with my feet and ankles. There

> was

> > a lot of swelling and dx each time with cellulitis of my ankles

> and

> > feet. Ultrasounds for clots were always negative and antibiotics

> > cleared them up. Sometimes it was one leg, then the other and

> > sometimes both. Assumed this was related to venous vein

problems.

> > Finally was admitted after a fairly bad attack and had an

> infectious

> > disease consult with infectious desease Doc who decided that it

> did

> > not appear these were infection related and referred me to my

> current

> > Rheumatologist. After many tests and as symptoms increased and

> > changed, I was DX 5/2005 with an autoimmune condition known as

> Adult

> > Onset Still's Disease. It is DX from ruling out many other

> > conditions. Symptoms of mine were, polyartcular arthritis,

> > splenomegaly, anemia, high spiking fevers and a salmon colored

> rash.

> > The fevers are a lot of fun. Mine occurred 2 times a day and

rose

> to

> > 104+. Mine happened at about 6PM and then 3AM and each lasted

> about

> > 2 hours. This is fairly common although some effected may have

> only

> > 1 fever per day. The fevers can occur for several months or

longer

> > and then go away. Other systemic issues can be inflammation of

the

> > liver, pleural effusions, pericarditis and pericardial

effusions.

> > Labs are usually screwed up with increase Sed rate and CRP. RA

> > Factor and Lupus ANA are negative. The condition is very related

> to

> > the Systemic form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, only it

occurs

> > after 18 years old. For Stills have been treated with Remicade

> > infusion every 6 weeks and 20mg of prednisone a day and 25 mg

> > methotrexate per week. Remicade and Methotrexate had to be on

hold

> > when I had a skin cancer removed from my scalp. Got infected and

> off

> > meds from November 07 until Feb 08. Restarted in Feb then the

> > pulmonary stuff kicked into high gear.

> >

> > Well, anyway.....Got hit with asthma in 11/2006. got this pretty

> > much controlled until a bad case put me in the hospital again

> March

> > 2008 after just ready to get back into the treament plan.

> Controlled

> > the March asthma with IV Solumedrol. Then admitted again with O2

> sat

> > of 86% in April 08. Chest xrays normal but bilateral Pulmonary

> > infiltrates noted in a CAT Scan. Had a lung biopsy and appeared

> that

> > my infiltrates were due to the Stills autoimmune disease. Have

> been

> > in the hospital 2 more times with infections since then.

> >

> > So now I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary

> > Fibrosis to add to my Still's Disease. By the way, last visit to

> my

> > rheumatologist showed me to have Sjrogren's syndrome as well.

> >

> > Am currently on Imuran 150mg/day, down to 25mg/day of prednisone

> and

> > a bunch of other junk. Also, Remicade infusion of 10mg/mg every

> > weeks and Procrit prn depending on my hemoglobin level.

> >

> > That is my story and I have seen only 2 others on the Stills

site

> who

> > may be related. My story is probably similar to some of the

> > individuals with PF and RA.

> >

> > Here is the Stills Foundation site, if anyone is interested.

> >

> > http://stillsdiseas e.org

> >

> > Tom

> >

>

Rain?Not all that much here we are in what they call the shadows of the olympics we get about the same as San Diego. I should have been in high school in 75 but Joined the Air Force you know see the world and all. Here is a web site with some pic's

Thankshttp://www.city-data.com/city/Oak-Harbor-Washington.html

Walt, Whidbey Island Wa

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

Subject: Re: Walt I love your tagline.To: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 1:47 PM

Ah yes, the famous tornado in May of 72 that almost wiped Lubbock off the map. We wait every year for that to happen again. In fact about a year ago I watched a tornado from my front door. Then went out front so I could see it better. It was cool. About 2-3 months ago we had a downburst that blew away a carwash about 2 blocks from my home. We just know in Lubbock that we are going to have wind, some bigger than other wind, but wind. And dust.The air base here in Lubbock closed in about 96 I think. Son-in-law is stationed at Tyndall in Florida. He is a 2ndlt training as an ABM. He'll probably go to Tinker next year after SEAR training to finish his ABM. He is working in hind end off.75 was a good year - that is the year I graduated high school. Those were the days.I have always wanted to see your part of the world. Does it rain a lot? > > > > From: Beth <mbmurtha@ .>> > Subject: Re: A PF Newbie - Little History> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 11:27 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Tom,> > Welcome aboard! I'm sorry you have reason to be here but since > you

do, it's good that you found us. It does sound like you've got a > complex history and it's interesting to note that you've been hit > with more than one autoimmune disease. (Stills and Sjorgren's) > There are several here with dual or multiple autoimmune dx. I have > uctd (undifferentiated connective tissue disease) that the feel > probably caused my fibrosis even though the fibrosis was diagnosed > first.> > > > I hope you will find the support and friendship here that I have > since I joined slightly over 2 years ago. I'm 49 years old, > divorced, mother of a 23 year old son who lives about 3 hours away > from me. I live now in Durham NC but I lived most of my life in the > suburbs of NYC and moved to Durham late last fall. I'm a nurse by > education. Prior to my illness I worked in

the > pharmaceutical industry but am now on SSDI.> > > > Again, welcome to the group!!> > > > Beth > > Moderator > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > > > > > > > A PF Newbie - Little History> > > > > > > > Hi everyone.> > > > I just joined your support group and wanted to give a little > > history. Maybe there is someone else out there with a similar > series

> > of events I can hook up with to compare notes.> > > > My story starts out back in Sept 2003 with what was dx as an > > infection of one of my salivary glands. Treated that with > > antibiotics and probing into the salivary gland duct. From there I > > started having recurring problems with my feet and ankles. There > was > > a lot of swelling and dx each time with cellulitis of my ankles > and > > feet. Ultrasounds for clots were always negative and antibiotics > > cleared them up. Sometimes it was one leg, then the other and > > sometimes both. Assumed this was related to venous vein problems. > > Finally was admitted after a fairly bad attack and had an > infectious > > disease consult with infectious desease Doc who decided that it > did > > not appear these were infection related

and referred me to my > current > > Rheumatologist. After many tests and as symptoms increased and > > changed, I was DX 5/2005 with an autoimmune condition known as > Adult > > Onset Still's Disease. It is DX from ruling out many other > > conditions. Symptoms of mine were, polyartcular arthritis, > > splenomegaly, anemia, high spiking fevers and a salmon colored > rash. > > The fevers are a lot of fun. Mine occurred 2 times a day and rose > to > > 104+. Mine happened at about 6PM and then 3AM and each lasted > about > > 2 hours. This is fairly common although some effected may have > only > > 1 fever per day. The fevers can occur for several months or longer > > and then go away. Other systemic issues can be inflammation of the > > liver, pleural effusions, pericarditis and pericardial

effusions. > > Labs are usually screwed up with increase Sed rate and CRP. RA > > Factor and Lupus ANA are negative. The condition is very related > to > > the Systemic form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, only it occurs > > after 18 years old. For Stills have been treated with Remicade > > infusion every 6 weeks and 20mg of prednisone a day and 25 mg > > methotrexate per week. Remicade and Methotrexate had to be on hold > > when I had a skin cancer removed from my scalp. Got infected and > off > > meds from November 07 until Feb 08. Restarted in Feb then the > > pulmonary stuff kicked into high gear.> > > > Well, anyway.....Got hit with asthma in 11/2006. got this pretty > > much controlled until a bad case put me in the hospital again > March > > 2008 after just ready to get back into the

treament plan. > Controlled > > the March asthma with IV Solumedrol. Then admitted again with O2 > sat > > of 86% in April 08. Chest xrays normal but bilateral Pulmonary > > infiltrates noted in a CAT Scan. Had a lung biopsy and appeared > that > > my infiltrates were due to the Stills autoimmune disease. Have > been > > in the hospital 2 more times with infections since then. > > > > So now I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary > > Fibrosis to add to my Still's Disease. By the way, last visit to > my > > rheumatologist showed me to have Sjrogren's syndrome as well.> > > > Am currently on Imuran 150mg/day, down to 25mg/day of prednisone > and > > a bunch of other junk. Also, Remicade infusion of 10mg/mg every 6 > > weeks and Procrit prn depending on my

hemoglobin level.> > > > That is my story and I have seen only 2 others on the Stills site > who > > may be related. My story is probably similar to some of the > > individuals with PF and RA.> > > > Here is the Stills Foundation site, if anyone is interested.> > > > http://stillsdiseas e.org> > > > Tom> >>

See now that looks exactly like I had pictured it would. It is

beautiful.

So did ya see the world? Other than Lubbock and Wichita?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lubbock-Texas.html

> > >

> > > From: Beth <mbmurtha@ .>

> > > Subject: Re: A PF Newbie - Little History

> > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > > Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 11:27 AM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Tom,

> > > Welcome aboard!  I'm sorry you have reason to be here but

since

> > you do, it's good that you found us. It does sound like you've

got

> a

> > complex history and it's interesting to note that you've been

hit

> > with more than one autoimmune disease. (Stills and Sjorgren's) 

> > There are several here with dual or multiple autoimmune dx.  I

> have

> > uctd (undifferentiated connective tissue disease) that the feel

> > probably caused my fibrosis even though the fibrosis was

diagnosed

> > first.

> > >  

> > > I hope you will find the support and friendship here that I

have

> > since I joined slightly over 2 years ago. I'm 49 years old,

> > divorced, mother of a 23 year old son who lives about 3 hours

away

> > from me.  I live now in Durham NC but I lived most of my life in

> the

> > suburbs of NYC and moved to Durham late last fall.  I'm a nurse

by

> > education. Prior to my illness I worked in the

> > pharmaceutical  industry but am now on SSDI.

> > >  

> > > Again, welcome to the group!!

> > >  

> > > Beth 

> > > Moderator 

> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> > >  

> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive    

> > >  

> > >  

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > A PF Newbie - Little History

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi everyone.

> > >

> > > I just joined your support group and wanted to give a little

> > > history. Maybe there is someone else out there with a similar

> > series

> > > of events I can hook up with to compare notes.

> > >

> > > My story starts out back in Sept 2003 with what was dx as an

> > > infection of one of my salivary glands. Treated that with

> > > antibiotics and probing into the salivary gland duct. From

there

> I

> > > started having recurring problems with my feet and ankles.

There

> > was

> > > a lot of swelling and dx each time with cellulitis of my

ankles

> > and

> > > feet. Ultrasounds for clots were always negative and

antibiotics

> > > cleared them up. Sometimes it was one leg, then the other and

> > > sometimes both. Assumed this was related to venous vein

> problems.

> > > Finally was admitted after a fairly bad attack and had an

> > infectious

> > > disease consult with infectious desease Doc who decided that

it

> > did

> > > not appear these were infection related and referred me to my

> > current

> > > Rheumatologist. After many tests and as symptoms increased and

> > > changed, I was DX 5/2005 with an autoimmune condition known as

> > Adult

> > > Onset Still's Disease. It is DX from ruling out many other

> > > conditions. Symptoms of mine were, polyartcular arthritis,

> > > splenomegaly, anemia, high spiking fevers and a salmon colored

> > rash.

> > > The fevers are a lot of fun. Mine occurred 2 times a day and

> rose

> > to

> > > 104+. Mine happened at about 6PM and then 3AM and each lasted

> > about

> > > 2 hours. This is fairly common although some effected may have

> > only

> > > 1 fever per day. The fevers can occur for several months or

> longer

> > > and then go away. Other systemic issues can be inflammation of

> the

> > > liver, pleural effusions, pericarditis and pericardial

> effusions.

> > > Labs are usually screwed up with increase Sed rate and CRP. RA

> > > Factor and Lupus ANA are negative. The condition is very

related

> > to

> > > the Systemic form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, only it

> occurs

> > > after 18 years old. For Stills have been treated with Remicade

> > > infusion every 6 weeks and 20mg of prednisone a day and 25 mg

> > > methotrexate per week. Remicade and Methotrexate had to be on

> hold

> > > when I had a skin cancer removed from my scalp. Got infected

and

> > off

> > > meds from November 07 until Feb 08. Restarted in Feb then the

> > > pulmonary stuff kicked into high gear.

> > >

> > > Well, anyway.....Got hit with asthma in 11/2006. got this

pretty

> > > much controlled until a bad case put me in the hospital again

> > March

> > > 2008 after just ready to get back into the treament plan.

> > Controlled

> > > the March asthma with IV Solumedrol. Then admitted again with

O2

> > sat

> > > of 86% in April 08. Chest xrays normal but bilateral Pulmonary

> > > infiltrates noted in a CAT Scan. Had a lung biopsy and

appeared

> > that

> > > my infiltrates were due to the Stills autoimmune disease. Have

> > been

> > > in the hospital 2 more times with infections since then.

> > >

> > > So now I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung

Disease/Pulmonary

> > > Fibrosis to add to my Still's Disease. By the way, last visit

to

> > my

> > > rheumatologist showed me to have Sjrogren's syndrome as well.

> > >

> > > Am currently on Imuran 150mg/day, down to 25mg/day of

prednisone

> > and

> > > a bunch of other junk. Also, Remicade infusion of 10mg/mg

every

> 6

> > > weeks and Procrit prn depending on my hemoglobin level.

> > >

> > > That is my story and I have seen only 2 others on the Stills

> site

> > who

> > > may be related. My story is probably similar to some of the

> > > individuals with PF and RA.

> > >

> > > Here is the Stills Foundation site, if anyone is interested.

> > >

> > > http://stillsdiseas e.org

> > >

> > > Tom

> > >

> >

>

Yes I did see the world started in Okinawa almost 3 years then, Japan, Korea, Thailand , Philippians, Hong kong, And in three years I am going to move to San Felipe Mexico I bought a small house there this summer. and Like I said in an earler post any one that wants to come down for some fishing and sitting on the beach with a cold one let me know and I will send you directions

Walt, Whidbey Island Wa

Subject: Re: Walt I love your tagline.To: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 2:53 PM

See now that looks exactly like I had pictured it would. It is beautiful. So did ya see the world? Other than Lubbock and Wichita?http://www.city- data.com/ city/Lubbock- Texas.html> > > > > > From: Beth <mbmurtha@ .>> > > Subject: Re: A PF Newbie - Little History> > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 11:27 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Tom,> > > Welcome aboard! I'm sorry you have reason to be here but since > > you do, it's good that you found us. It does sound like you've

got > a > > complex history and it's interesting to note that you've been hit > > with more than one autoimmune disease. (Stills and Sjorgren's) > > There are several here with dual or multiple autoimmune dx. I > have > > uctd (undifferentiated connective tissue disease) that the feel > > probably caused my fibrosis even though the fibrosis was diagnosed > > first.> > > > > > I hope you will find the support and friendship here that I have > > since I joined slightly over 2 years ago. I'm 49 years old, > > divorced, mother of a 23 year old son who lives about 3 hours away > > from me. I live now in Durham NC but I lived most of my life in > the > > suburbs of NYC and moved to Durham late last fall. I'm a nurse by > >

education. Prior to my illness I worked in the > > pharmaceutical industry but am now on SSDI.> > > > > > Again, welcome to the group!!> > > > > > Beth > > > Moderator > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > A PF Newbie - Little History> > > > > > > > > > > > Hi everyone.> > >

> > > I just joined your support group and wanted to give a little > > > history. Maybe there is someone else out there with a similar > > series > > > of events I can hook up with to compare notes.> > > > > > My story starts out back in Sept 2003 with what was dx as an > > > infection of one of my salivary glands. Treated that with > > > antibiotics and probing into the salivary gland duct. From there > I > > > started having recurring problems with my feet and ankles. There > > was > > > a lot of swelling and dx each time with cellulitis of my ankles > > and > > > feet. Ultrasounds for clots were always negative and antibiotics > > > cleared them up. Sometimes it was one leg, then the other and > > > sometimes both. Assumed this was related to

venous vein > problems. > > > Finally was admitted after a fairly bad attack and had an > > infectious > > > disease consult with infectious desease Doc who decided that it > > did > > > not appear these were infection related and referred me to my > > current > > > Rheumatologist. After many tests and as symptoms increased and > > > changed, I was DX 5/2005 with an autoimmune condition known as > > Adult > > > Onset Still's Disease. It is DX from ruling out many other > > > conditions. Symptoms of mine were, polyartcular arthritis, > > > splenomegaly, anemia, high spiking fevers and a salmon colored > > rash. > > > The fevers are a lot of fun. Mine occurred 2 times a day and > rose > > to > > > 104+. Mine happened at about 6PM and then 3AM and each

lasted > > about > > > 2 hours. This is fairly common although some effected may have > > only > > > 1 fever per day. The fevers can occur for several months or > longer > > > and then go away. Other systemic issues can be inflammation of > the > > > liver, pleural effusions, pericarditis and pericardial > effusions. > > > Labs are usually screwed up with increase Sed rate and CRP. RA > > > Factor and Lupus ANA are negative. The condition is very related > > to > > > the Systemic form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, only it > occurs > > > after 18 years old. For Stills have been treated with Remicade > > > infusion every 6 weeks and 20mg of prednisone a day and 25 mg > > > methotrexate per week. Remicade and Methotrexate had to be on > hold > >

> when I had a skin cancer removed from my scalp. Got infected and > > off > > > meds from November 07 until Feb 08. Restarted in Feb then the > > > pulmonary stuff kicked into high gear.> > > > > > Well, anyway.....Got hit with asthma in 11/2006. got this pretty > > > much controlled until a bad case put me in the hospital again > > March > > > 2008 after just ready to get back into the treament plan. > > Controlled > > > the March asthma with IV Solumedrol. Then admitted again with O2 > > sat > > > of 86% in April 08. Chest xrays normal but bilateral Pulmonary > > > infiltrates noted in a CAT Scan. Had a lung biopsy and appeared > > that > > > my infiltrates were due to the Stills autoimmune disease. Have > > been > > > in the

hospital 2 more times with infections since then. > > > > > > So now I have a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary > > > Fibrosis to add to my Still's Disease. By the way, last visit to > > my > > > rheumatologist showed me to have Sjrogren's syndrome as well.> > > > > > Am currently on Imuran 150mg/day, down to 25mg/day of prednisone > > and > > > a bunch of other junk. Also, Remicade infusion of 10mg/mg every > 6 > > > weeks and Procrit prn depending on my hemoglobin level.> > > > > > That is my story and I have seen only 2 others on the Stills > site > > who > > > may be related. My story is probably similar to some of the > > > individuals with PF and RA.> > > > > > Here is the Stills Foundation

site, if anyone is interested.> > > > > > http://stillsdiseas e.org> > > > > > Tom> > >> >>