RemedySpot.com

Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT US

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sometimes it's very hard to say 'I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone' because sometimes there are just a few exceptions!

I get so annoyed that people automatically assume that lung disease = result of smoking or fat = lazyness. My mother died of lung cancer yet never smoked in her life. I smoked, but not for long enough to have caused this problem. I'm fat because I've been on steroids for years. I used to be a horse rider, cross country runner and a shot putter, so I was fit. Very fit and very strong. Probably fitter than some ignorant office executive sitting on his backside signing cheques all day!>> American Home Products> "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to > the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > LOVE, MARY LOU>

Guest guest

I hear ya Ze... One day I was in the store shopping, with nose hose and overheard a woman say to another, "if she'd lose some weight she wouldn't need that oxygen!"

It was hard to restrain myself from a come-back.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"

Sometimes it's very hard to say 'I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone' because sometimes there are just a few exceptions!

I get so annoyed that people automatically assume that lung disease = result of smoking or fat = lazyness. My mother died of lung cancer yet never smoked in her life. I smoked, but not for long enough to have caused this problem. I'm fat because I've been on steroids for years. I used to be a horse rider, cross country runner and a shot putter, so I was fit. Very fit and very strong. Probably fitter than some ignorant office executive sitting on his backside signing cheques all day!>> American Home Products> "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to > the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > LOVE, MARY LOU>

Guest guest

YEA YEA YEA ZENA

I smoked for a short period of time and now I get, if it’s not MY fault it’s at least partly my fault. Forget the years I worked without adequate protection in a chemical or the lack of medical care when hospitalize for chlorine gas inhalation. Now I get to stress and fight to try and ensure my family has care when I can’t. My plate is full and “some” don’t have a problem adding to it.

Walt

Our care should not be to have lived long as to have lived enough.

Subject: Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 9:20 AM

I get so annoyed that people automatically assume that lung disease = result of smoking or fat = lazyness. My mother died of lung cancer yet never smoked in her life. I smoked, but not for long enough to have caused this problem. I'm fat because I've been on steroids for years. I used to be a horse rider, cross country runner and a shot putter, so I was fit. Very fit and very strong. Probably fitter than some ignorant office executive sitting on his backside signing cheques all day!>> American Home Products> "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to

> the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > LOVE, MARY LOU>

Guest guest

Sher,I believe the world would be a better place if there was more understanding and less of people hurting each other.IMO: People who make ignorant comments or have ignorant thoughts need to be politely told what the real situation is. Most people respond with compassion once they learn a bit more. There is a real temptation, for me, to give them a sharp verbal poke: but that doesn't really help them, or me. It just starts and fuels a cycle of people being angry at each other and being hurt.So I would speak up to someone I overheard like you did in a store.Just my philosophy.Cameron Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"

I get so annoyed that people automatically assume that lung disease = result of smoking or fat = lazyness.   My mother died of lung cancer yet never smoked in her life.  I smoked, but not for long enough to have caused this problem.  I'm fat because I've been on steroids for years.  I used to be a horse rider, cross country runner and a shot putter, so I was fit.  Very fit and very strong.  Probably fitter than some ignorant office executive sitting on his backside signing cheques all day!>> American Home Products> "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to > the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > LOVE, MARY LOU>

Guest guest

Sher, All you can say is   "YA CAN'T FIX STUPID !"I hate this disease anyway..  Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Oh my! Im lost. AOL menu about us......what did it say? I am a bus

rider and struggle with prejudice on every ride. I feel like lepar but, when I

have enough energy for "attitude" I set them straight.

"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: cameronbeheshti@...Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:56:38 -0700Subject: Re: Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"

Sher,

I believe the world would be a better place if there was more understanding and less of people hurting each other.

IMO: People who make ignorant comments or have ignorant thoughts need to be politely told what the real situation is. Most people respond with compassion once they learn a bit more. There is a real temptation, for me, to give them a sharp verbal poke: but that doesn't really help them, or me. It just starts and fuels a cycle of people being angry at each other and being hurt.

So I would speak up to someone I overheard like you did in a store.

Just my philosophy.

Cameron

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

Oh my! That b & %$ & %d!

"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: goldmist25@...Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:59:01 +0000Subject: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"

American Home Products"Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.LOVE, MARY LOU Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

Guest guest

, If you call the foundation and ask for a few pamphlets be sent to you that is such a good way to give people a good lesson in running off at the mouth. They are very informative also. When I first started with the 02to get out I would just hand a pamphlet and say " this might better inform you on my condition, which by the way is terminal." They look very stunned. But no more than I was to hear their stupidity. Take care of you, God Bless. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Cameron,

I am also one who "speaks up" when someone says something ignorant about my situation within my hearing. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally someone really steps in it.

A lot of folks here have heard this story so bear with me everyone while I repeat myself. I was in CVS and a child around 4 years old was staring at me and my tubing and tank etc. He asked his mother, 'what's wrong with that lady'. I heard him and smiled until his mother looked at me, looked at him and said, 'that's what happens to you if you smoke'. My mouth dropped open, could not believe my ears but couldn't leave it alone either. I walked a step closer and said, 'excuse me.... but I heard what you said and you should know that in the first place, I never smoked and in the second place my lung disease isn't caused by smoking anyway.' I smiled and said, "Pretty much anyone could get this lung disease, it's luck of the draw". I then smiled wished her a good day and walked away. She was the same shade of red as the tomatoes in my garden and she was sputtering apologies.

It felt good to speak up, politely for sure but not just let her get away with it either.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

I get so annoyed that people automatically assume that lung disease = result of smoking or fat = lazyness. My mother died of lung cancer yet never smoked in her life. I smoked, but not for long enough to have caused this problem. I'm fat because I've been on steroids for years. I used to be a horse rider, cross country runner and a shot putter, so I was fit. Very fit and very strong. Probably fitter than some ignorant office executive sitting on his backside signing cheques all day!>> American Home Products> "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to >

the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > LOVE, MARY LOU>

Guest guest

I would have said something. Although once I have been stunned into silence by ignorant, nasty teenage girls. They turned, pointed, laughed out loud and shouted 'what's that $% & *#£%@ thing on your face for, got cancer? Even the people around me where shocked by them!

> >> > American Home Products> > "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks > > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American > > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to > > the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> > > > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH > > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO > > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> > PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> > > > LOVE, MARY LOU> >>

Guest guest

Peggy, yeah, I know you hate this disease. Me too!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US"

Sher, All you can say is � "YA CAN'T FIX STUPID !"

I hate this disease anyway..�

Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Of Course! wish I thought of that !

To: Breathe-Support From: pac1773@...Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:59:12 -0400Subject: Re: Re: I JUST SAW THIS ON THE AOL MENU SCREEN ABOUT "US", If you call the foundation and ask for a few pamphlets be sent to you that is such a good way to give people a good lesson in running off at the mouth. They are very informative also. When I first started with the 02

to get out I would just hand a pamphlet and say " this might better inform you on my condition, which by the way is

terminal." They look very stunned. But no more than I was to hear their stupidity.

Take care of you, God Bless.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

Zena,

This disease carries a stigma and it is so unfair. I never smoked, but it is assumed that I did. I was not lazy, but it is assumed that I was. I did not do anything to bring this monster to my door.

I suppose we have no control over the thoughts of others, but I do correct people when they voice thier thoughts about what caused this disease.

When I was growing up, my mother would tell me that "they are just showing thier ignorance" when someone made rude or hurtful comments.

It is just hard to take when I am so very sick. Sorry that you have to hear such things. I am sorry for all of us.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > American Home Products> > "Do I have to look forward to spending my waning years writing checks> > to fat people with a silly lung problem?" This e-mail from an American> > Home Products executive, discovered by plaintiff lawyers and leaked to> > the press, helped drive a $20 billion settlement of fen-phen claims.> >> > THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS, HUH? IT'S A GOOD THING WE HAVE EACH> > OTHER. IT IS EMAILS THAT CORPORATE WORLD HAS CREATED AND SENDING TO> > EACH OTHER DURING WORKING HOURS. IT ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF THE FEN-> > PHEN TABLETS. IT IS CALLED THE "SMOKING-GUN" EMAILS.> >> > LOVE, MARY LOU> >>