RemedySpot.com

Re: Bosentan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm not using Bosentan but I can tell you that there is an International Trial currently under way for its use for IPF:UIP. It's currently approved for use for PH but not for PF in Australia, UK & USA (as far as I know)!

One of its known side-effects when first started is Headaches..not sure about others, its a while since I last looked it up. Mr Google should be able to help.

I was rejected for the Brisbane Bosentan Trial because my HRCT Scan & my botched Lung Biopsy results gave an unclear result when put together. The HRCT said definite Honeycombing UIP & the VATS histology report said, the 1 site sampled was too small & too thin for complete analysis but probably Fibrotic NSIP..

There does seem to be some cause for hope with Bostentan being a possible anti-fibrotic as opposed to an anti-inflammatory. I would've considered using Bosentan because the side effect profile doesn't seem to be as severe as Prednisone. (I have refused to take that medication).

Are you being considered for a Trial? Everything I've just said is, of course, subjective & I'd urge you to do your own research. There is quite a lot out there on the Internet.

in Oz

IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP??

Reynauds'

May 2007

>> Hello,> > Does anyone have experience with a medication called Bosentan? I would appreciate pros and cons.> > Thank you,> > > 58, CA, Dx IPF 06-08>