RemedySpot.com

Art-- welcome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sorry you had to get in this boat with us---but its pretty good here--I have learned more from this board in 6 weeks than doctors in the last 2+ years. It sounds like you and I have a lot in common, as I was diagnoised (dx), with pulmonary fibrosis

13 months ago also. I checked in to this web site absolutely SCARED to death, as I have NEVER been sick in my life, athletic, good shape (except for a few pounds) and generally feeling invincible--then I was dx with PF and the doc tells me I probably have 2-4 years---I thought he knew what he was talking about-- after all he worked at the Mayo Clinc. In my opinion, (I did change doctors) I don't think that they know as much about this disease as this board does and my new doctor is VERY receptive to the information generated from these members.

You will get a lot of valuable info here, as we all learn from others on a daily

basis. The transplant issue is a tough one---but its an option that I absolutely

will explore when the time comes, without hesitation because I don't like the alternative.

God must be thinking about you---you are surrounded by women (wife,

2 daughters, 2 female dogs and this board is full of woman) that don't give up---

they actually get onnery when somebody acts like they want to quit. So try to relax, ask all the questions you can think of---someone has been there and done it and they will let you know how it worked for them.

Let us know how you are doing--daily if you wish--we are here!!!

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ.

P.S. Give your wife a big KISS everyday--I know mine needs it after listening to me.

>> > > Hello Everyone:> > I've had IPF going on for about 13 months now, I'am on O2 at 6 > Liters 24/7, and it really stinks, and really getting tired of the > tube.> My wife and I was at the pulmonary Doctor last friday and he wants > me to call a doctor in Phila for a lung transplant he has also giving > me a package of all my test results to take, and IM scared to death, > I have been through the ringer, with all the test you can imagine, I > have tests coming out of my ears.> I had to retire from my government job, after 34 years of service, > because the Dr. said that my working day's are over with, Boy that > was a big bomb for us to cope with, first the

Dr's said that I had > UIP, and said that I had only 4 years to live, Well I guess now maybe > 3 or less, but Im still here. I had a lung parts of my left lung > removed for test, and the Dr's in Phila said the I had UIP, so my Dr. > here had them send the samples to the Mayo Clinic in Az, and it came > back as IPF, and my condition is getting worse by the day.> I would love to talk to someone that went through a lung transplant, > before and afterwards, there's no one here where I live the has IPF > or no one to talk to and no support groups, IM just stuck out there > by myself and it does get to be scarey.> And when I get real nerves I smoke a cigertte I know thats not good, > but need something to calm me down.> Oh yea I forgot, about 6 months after I got the IPF, I got R/A, it > was so bad they had to rush me to the hospital, I couldn't

move at > all, IM on pain killers from my R/A Doctor and just O2 from my > pulmonary Doctor, I've known now, that my IPF stages had advanced and > everytime, I talk to the Dr. I get the run around, I 53 years old > with a very lovely supported wife and 2 great daughter's, 32 and 27 > years old and 2 female Jack Russels, I use an electric scooter and > had a electric lift for our van, and I go to P/T twice a week.> I always read your wonderful board, and it's looks very supportive, > and you guy's make everyone feel like family.> Well so much for me, love to talk to you guy's more, maybe I can > help out, who knows. > But like I said IM really scared to death about this lung > transplant, I don't know, If I want to have it done.> > Thank You And God Bless All:> > RAndy>Hi I am sort of going through the same thing you are . I am

still going for test's test's and more test . I am not really as scared as you are . I am 61 and just reacently got worse . In March I spent 9 days in a Hospital in Reno NV and got home in April then spent 8 days in the Hospital in Baltimore . I had to stop working also and apply for ssi . In 5 months I might get something may be ? I will have to take everything I have in my IRA or refinance my house I cant do because i'm not working . Sort of everything is backwards . I have health Insurance but it will not pay for all . I am also wondering if everything you have to go through is worth it ? There are so many If's . Rejection how well will you be after and the never ending testing . If it were not for my Daughter and my grandson I would not even think about having one . But on ether hand I don't know if I want to put my daughter through this . So fare just the 17 days I spent in the Hospital is

150.000 Is my l really worth this much ? When and If I do this how will I pay for all this ? Everything I have will have to go for this . My family will get nothing . As if anything we have now will be worth something in 10 years the way stuff is going . I also am in limbo on what to do . Good luck . I home 90 miles away from Philadelphia and also live in Baltimore MD witch is 4 miles away from one of the best Hospitals in the world 's Hopkins I am kind of lucky in that way . Lots of people on here have to go miles just to see a Doctor . I might even think of renting a room to someone needing to go to one of thees hospitals .That is a lot to think about . From Walt God bless us all