RemedySpot.com

Bosentan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Kieth,

I will be going into the Bosentan study in the next few days. It was FDA approved for Pulmonary Hypertension, something I do not have.

These studies have opened up again for IPF patients because of the possible anti-fibrotic properties in the drug. One of the good things about studies is that you are closely monitored and the drug company picks up the bill. I don't know if you have checked into this or not, but there are some qualification standards that you must meet before being accepted into the study.

I elected to try the study (if accepted), because of the monitoring and there really isn't anything else available at this time and I am doing everything possible to stay away from Prednisone and Imuran.

If you need more info, I will do what I can to get it for you through the study, once I get started. So far I have done the required paper work, PFT's, blood work and waiting for the "Studies" personal Pathologists to confirm my biopsy diagnosis by viewing the slides that were kept from my biopsy. Shouldn't be a problem just a required confirmation. Hopefully

I will be doing the drug by next week. Any way I can help you--just let me know!

I do live in Arizona and go to Lake Havasu all the time--ever been there?

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ.