RemedySpot.com

Re: Waiting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Kathy, If you would like we could meet up by the I 75 on your way to Gainesville. I would love to meet you.The team at Shands are wonderful, don't you think? You can call me also anytime. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Kathy, I pray you will be listed and God will know best. Better waaiting for a ttransplant than the alternative.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: WaitingDate: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:04:31 -0000

Just want to say hello. I was dx'd with PF in 4/07 and placed on O2 2lpm that day. In November of 07, I was sent to Shands in Gainesville, Fl. for an appointment to see if they would accept me as a candidate..they did but was postponed for an evaluation for awhile. About 3 months later after another PFT done by local pulmonologist, I was sent back to Shands and after review, I was evaluatied for a lung transplant on 5/28 - 5/30. They are meeting today to review all of the testings and decide if I will be listed .........to say I am a bit tense is a big understatement. I realize this is not smart because if listed, I will be in a "state of waiting". Just needed to write this down.take care,Kathy floridaPF 4/07

Guest guest

Not a problem, Steve… I’m 57 and other than

having to lose a couple of pounds, I am fortunate to have no other issues.

Ironic thing is that before this I had never had a broke bone, never smoked

because I didn’t want anything to ruin my lungs, and was still playing

organized soccer up until I moved up to the mountains of NH four years ago. Oh

well…

Steve aka…Knip 57 NH IPF 10/07 confirmed via

VATS 12/07