RemedySpot.com

Re: My latest PFT's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Maybe we can be diet buddies! I should be having a 1-to-1 with a physio. I'm not eligable for pulmo-rehab here as I am already more active than they try to get you to, so my doc is asking for a physio to see me and go over what excercise I can safely do, and how I can safely increase my exercise levels.

I've had to break out my 'fat' wardrobe this summer. I refuse to buy new clothes in this size(a US size 18 I think) as I feel that I will then be accepting this size, and I refuse to do that. So I'm wearing some very strange combinations at the moment. The other day it was a gypsy style skirt with a pyjama top that didn't look overly pyjama-y

I missed our last school reunion as I was in hospital having Lili! Not that I was bothered tbh, I didn't get on with that many people at school and those that I did I'm still in touch with.

Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > I saw my chest physician today, my results are FEV1-67%,> > > > > FVC-90%,> > > > > > > > > FEV1/FVC-78%, TLCO-23%, VA-82%, KCO-31%, these are> > slightly> > > > down> > > > > > on> > > > > > > > last> > > > > > > > > month. Ideally my doc would like to increase my pred for a> > > > while> > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > slow the progression down, but as my weight isn't shifting> > > > > that's> > > > > > > not> > > > > > > > > likely to happen.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Oh well, back again next month if I'm not in having my> > heart> > > > > cath> > > > > > > [8-> > > > > > > > |]> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Sunlight has been bringing me out in uticaria, but she's> > going> > > > > to> > > > > > > put> > > > > > > > > off me seeing a dermatologist for a while as I'm seeing so> > > > many> > > > > at> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > moment.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Oh, and I was thinking about my anomolistic results. I don't have the characteristic crackle in my lungs either, well very little. I wonder if that's connected?

Love Ze xx> > > >> > > > Zena,> > > > Your pft's are very interesting....some areas that one would> expect> > to> > > be terrible in someone with our disease in your case are close to> > normal> > > and others....well that's why the doc would like to do the pred. Oh> > > trying to get to a balance between slowing the disease down and> > allowing> > > us to control our weight. It's a dilemma.> > > > Sorry your having the uticaria too.... do you have alot of itching> > > with it? Hope not!!> > > >> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > My latest PFT's> > > >> > > >> > > > I saw my chest physician today, my results are FEV1-67%, FVC-90%,> > > FEV1/FVC-78% , TLCO-23%, VA-82%, KCO-31%, these are slightly down on> > > last month. Ideally my doc would like to increase my pred for a> while> > > to slow the progression down, but as my weight isn't shifting that's> > not> > > likely to happen.> > > > Oh well, back again next month if I'm not in having my heart cath> > > > Sunlight has been bringing me out in uticaria, but she's going to> > put> > > off me seeing a dermatologist for a while as I'm seeing so many at> the> > > moment.> > > > Love Ze xx> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Zena,

My "crackle" disappeared at my last visit also. My doc just shrugged when I asked where it had gone. He told me not to complain, that if my lungs don't sound like a bowl of rice crispies (snap, crackle, pop) that's a good thing. I go back to Duke on Wednesday for my 3 month PFT and visit with the pulmo so hopefully the crackle won't make a return appearance!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My latest PFT's> > > >> > > >> > > > I saw my chest physician today, my results are FEV1-67%, FVC-90%,> > > FEV1/FVC-78% , TLCO-23%, VA-82%, KCO-31%, these are slightly down on> > > last month. Ideally my doc would like to increase my pred for a> while> > > to slow the progression down, but as my weight isn't shifting that's> > not> > > likely to happen.> > > > Oh well, back again next month if I'm not in having my heart cath> >

> > Sunlight has been bringing me out in uticaria, but she's going to> > put> > > off me seeing a dermatologist for a while as I'm seeing so many at> the> > > moment.> > > > Love Ze xx> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Ze!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My latest PFT's> > > > >> > >

> >> > > > > I saw my chest physician today, my results are FEV1-67%, FVC-90%,> > > > FEV1/FVC-78% , TLCO-23%, VA-82%, KCO-31%, these are slightly down on> > > > last month. Ideally my doc would like to increase my pred for a> > while> > > > to slow the progression down, but as my weight isn't shifting that's> > > not> > > > likely to happen.> > > > > Oh well, back again next month if I'm not in having my heart cath> > > > > Sunlight has been bringing me out in uticaria, but she's going to> > > put> > > > off me seeing a dermatologist for a while as I'm seeing so many at> > the> > > > moment.> > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > >> > >>

>>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Ze,

Having my fingers crossed for you, that everything will be fine on the next PFT.

Take Care IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

My latest PFT's

I saw my chest physician today and had my lung functions. They are currently not good, they're down quite a bit on 6 weeks ago, BUT I currently have a cold, so my doc has given me 2 week course of antibiotics, doxycyclene or something, and I've got to go back in a fortnight and re-do the tests. If it's not the cold then we're going to have to reassess my meds.

So fingers crossed it's the cold

Love Ze xx

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger