RemedySpot.com

RE: Sudan in Flames! (Prayers for Steve)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh my God!!! Please let nothing bad happen to Steve! Let's join our prayers for him dear Family, and for all the people in Khartoum.

Much Love

Johanna

From: diddiejar@...Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 18:22:06 +0000Subject: [] Sudan in Flames! (Prayers for Steve)

Hello my family. This is indeed an incredible time in the world. I just caught word from a wonderful personal friend of mine, and the voice of Humanity Healing, Steve Gooch that the capital of Sudan is under attack right now! Steve is living in Khartoum directly in the middle of all of this. PLEASE send prayers to keep him safe, and all the innocent citizens during this time. This is Steve's myspace page if you would like to send him some words of encouragement:www.myspace.com/reiki_jin_kei_do

Love always and in deep gratitude,

Stefanie

Here is a message from Steve:

As I type this, safe in my cosey little apartment, outside I can hear the sound of helicopter gunships...Not far down the road from me, just past the UN compound, the sound of heavy artillery can be heard.. A sole voice is now calling out something over a tanoy from a nearby mosque. Khartoum is under attack.. A couple of hours ago my local shopkeeper told me as best he could in very broken English and much rapid-fire Arabic, that there was gun fire in the city of Omdurman. City, yes it is, but in reality a suburb of Khartoum. It is the old Mahdi capital of Sudan which has just, it is being said on Reuters, been taken by the Darfuri rebel force JEM (Justice and Equality Movement). Never before has a Darfuri rebel force managed to enter the capital. Never before has the city been under attack by thousands of men drawn from the disgruntled masses of opressed Darfur. Taking Omdurman gives them control of all of the Nile bridges and thus access to the seat of government. If the palace falls, Sudan falls. President Beshir's palace sits just across the river from Omdurman. You could shooot the windows out from the other bank I would have thought. It is in the very heart of modern Khartoum.

This is a dark time in Khartoum. For years, the muslim government has battered and mutilitated a part of its own country and now it looks as if that government is going to reap that which it has sown. The inevitable has arisen.

A neighbour from Bristol in the UK, married to a Sudanese woman just informed me that as far as the military are concerned, this is the start of a full on war. He should know - his father-in-law is a Sudanese military commander.

What will happen over the next few hours, no one knows. Perhaps the rebels will be driven back. Perhaps the government will simply relinquish power...who knows? It is not a good time to be in Sudan..Khartoum...the army is in disarray as many of them, are in fact Darfuri's themselves and may join forces with the rebels. The rest? There is nothing worse than an army in retreat through civilian areas...

The people of Sudan are beautiful, peaceful and generous people. They have been villified by the world for a very long time. Now they must it seem suffer through another tragedy of massive proportions...

So, my friends on myspace...send your blessings, your good wishes, your prayers, your hopes and you love for the people of Sudan and Darfur and all of the impoverished people outside my window as I type this...they need your thoughts and your love now......this is a country that may be about to go up in flames...the next few hours will tell. I may not have the opportunity to post a follow up to this. Right now I am sitting tight in the knowledge that I have a British passport, access to a bus and my embassy and a UN compound not far away....

Blessings,Steve

Plus de 15 millions de français utilisent Windows Live Messenger ! Téléchargez Messenger, c'est gratuit !

Guest guest

Dearest Stef, May the Light of Creation protect and give comfort to Steve and all the people of Sudan, who are the innocent bystanders of mans' lust for power and revenge. With Thanks to Creation Much Love MarkStefanie <diddiejar@...> wrote: Hello my family. This is indeed an incredible time in the world. I just caught word from a wonderful personal friend of mine, and the voice of Humanity Healing, Steve Gooch that the

capital of Sudan is under attack right now! Steve is living in Khartoum directly in the middle of all of this. PLEASE send prayers to keep him safe, and all the innocent citizens during this time. This is Steve's myspace page if you would like to send him some words of encouragement:www.myspace.com/reiki_jin_kei_do <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->Love always and in deep gratitude, Stefanie <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Here is a message from Steve: <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> As I type this, safe in my cosey little apartment, outside I can hear the sound of helicopter gunships...Not far down the road from me, just past the UN compound, the sound of heavy artillery can be heard.. A sole voice is now calling out something over a tanoy from a nearby mosque. Khartoum is under attack.. A couple of hours ago my local shopkeeper told me as best he could in very broken English and much rapid-fire Arabic, that there was gun fire in the city of Omdurman. City, yes it is, but in reality a suburb of Khartoum. It is the old Mahdi capital of Sudan which has just, it is being said on Reuters, been taken by the Darfuri rebel force JEM (Justice and Equality Movement). Never before has a Darfuri rebel force managed to enter the capital. Never before has the city been under attack by

thousands of men drawn from the disgruntled masses of opressed Darfur. Taking Omdurman gives them control of all of the Nile bridges and thus access to the seat of government. If the palace falls, Sudan falls. President Beshir's palace sits just across the river from Omdurman. You could shooot the windows out from the other bank I would have thought. It is in the very heart of modern Khartoum. <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> This is a dark time in Khartoum. For years, the muslim government has battered and mutilitated a part of its own country and now it looks as if that government is going to reap that which it has sown. The inevitable has arisen. <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> A neighbour from Bristol in the UK, married to a Sudanese woman just informed me that as far as the military are concerned, this is the start of a full on war. He should know -

his father-in-law is a Sudanese military commander. <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> What will happen over the next few hours, no one knows. Perhaps the rebels will be driven back. Perhaps the government will simply relinquish power...who knows? It is not a good time to be in Sudan..Khartoum...the army is in disarray as many of them, are in fact Darfuri's themselves and may join forces with the rebels. The rest? There is nothing worse than an army in retreat through civilian areas... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> The people of Sudan are beautiful, peaceful and generous people. They have been villified by the world for a very long time. Now they must it seem suffer through another tragedy of massive proportions... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->So, my friends on

myspace...send your blessings, your good wishes, your prayers, your hopes and you love for the people of Sudan and Darfur and all of the impoverished people outside my window as I type this...they need your thoughts and your love now......this is a country that may be about to go up in flames...the next few hours will tell. I may not have the opportunity to post a follow up to this. Right now I am sitting tight in the knowledge that I have a British passport, access to a bus and my embassy and a UN compound not far away.... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->Blessings,Steve

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Steve, My thoughts and Prayers are with you as always please don't wait to long to get out if need be be safe and write soon... Blessed Be AnastasiaStefanie <diddiejar@...> wrote: Hello my family. This is indeed an incredible time in the world. I just caught word from a wonderful personal friend of mine, and the voice of Humanity Healing, Steve Gooch that the capital of Sudan is under attack right now! Steve is living in

Khartoum directly in the middle of all of this. PLEASE send prayers to keep him safe, and all the innocent citizens during this time. This is Steve's myspace page if you would like to send him some words of encouragement:www.myspace.com/reiki_jin_kei_do <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->Love always and in deep gratitude, Stefanie <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Here is a message from Steve: <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> As I type this, safe in my cosey little apartment, outside I can hear the sound of helicopter gunships...Not far down the road from me, just past the UN compound, the sound of heavy artillery can be heard.. A sole voice is now calling out something over a tanoy from a nearby mosque. Khartoum is under attack.. A couple of hours ago my local shopkeeper told me as best he could in very broken English and much rapid-fire Arabic, that there was gun fire in the city of Omdurman. City, yes it is, but in reality a suburb of Khartoum. It is the old Mahdi capital of Sudan which has just, it is being said on Reuters, been taken by the Darfuri rebel force JEM (Justice and Equality Movement). Never before has a Darfuri rebel force managed to enter the capital. Never before has the city been under attack by thousands of men drawn from the disgruntled masses of opressed

Darfur. Taking Omdurman gives them control of all of the Nile bridges and thus access to the seat of government. If the palace falls, Sudan falls. President Beshir's palace sits just across the river from Omdurman. You could shooot the windows out from the other bank I would have thought. It is in the very heart of modern Khartoum. <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> This is a dark time in Khartoum. For years, the muslim government has battered and mutilitated a part of its own country and now it looks as if that government is going to reap that which it has sown. The inevitable has arisen. <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> A neighbour from Bristol in the UK, married to a Sudanese woman just informed me that as far as the military are concerned, this is the start of a full on war. He should know - his father-in-law is a Sudanese military commander.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> What will happen over the next few hours, no one knows. Perhaps the rebels will be driven back. Perhaps the government will simply relinquish power...who knows? It is not a good time to be in Sudan..Khartoum...the army is in disarray as many of them, are in fact Darfuri's themselves and may join forces with the rebels. The rest? There is nothing worse than an army in retreat through civilian areas... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--> The people of Sudan are beautiful, peaceful and generous people. They have been villified by the world for a very long time. Now they must it seem suffer through another tragedy of massive proportions... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->So, my friends on myspace...send your blessings, your good wishes, your prayers, your hopes

and you love for the people of Sudan and Darfur and all of the impoverished people outside my window as I type this...they need your thoughts and your love now......this is a country that may be about to go up in flames...the next few hours will tell. I may not have the opportunity to post a follow up to this. Right now I am sitting tight in the knowledge that I have a British passport, access to a bus and my embassy and a UN compound not far away.... <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->Blessings,Steve Anastasia

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.