RemedySpot.com

Re: Bruce/ general medical stuff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I cannot even imagine the suffering they are going through right now. Steve and Vicky and family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers for hopefully successful therapy.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Bruce/ general medical stuffTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:54 AM

Bruce... as I said, I will pass along the boards (your) wishes for strength and comfort to Steve.

I was so stunned when I posted that I didn't add that the cancer is melanoma and has metastasized. So it's beyond serious.

I'm glad we made good friends with Steve/Vicky- --well we made friends with Joy and Kathie/ as well but we spent more time with S/V as the others left for home-- Steve is not close to his family and he feels comfortable w/us and now he has us to share his grief. OMG how quickly things change.

Yes, I have everything I take on my meds list...in fact, NAC is on it as well. One thing that puzzled me is nurse didn't know I am allergic to contrast dye...it wasn't in my records and it's always the first thing I put under "allergies". Another heads-up to double check anything that is vital to our health care...well isn't it all? Of course.

Thanks for my own reminder...I' m going to now request Nexium because obviously the Prilosec I was previously on did not work.

Sorry to read about 's medical issues. DAMNIT! Our worlds narrow down to not much more than "medical issues". DAMNIT!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: VERY SAD NEWS >>>>>

Sher/SteveCertainly we all feel for him. How fragile health is. None of us knowwhat tomorrow brings. There are no words to even convey understandinghow devestating that news has to be to him. All I know to do is justwish them strength and comfort in dealing with what they face.>> Group,> Steve (in WA) just called me and his wife Vicky is in the hospital.Advanced cancer has been found in her lungs, back and liver.> This was discovered just this afternoon so his and her families arenumb with shock.>> He asked me to post the board because he can't possibly catch up withhis posts and he won't be reading/posting much right now.>> He will have her sisters and her mother staying with him so his

needswill be met...>> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher

So glad you had your gathering. Certainly this isn't something you

expected after but it sure has to provide something for Steve he

wouldn't have had otherwise. Now its to good that he can turn to you

and, through you, to all of us.

Reminder to all others. Turn forum members from ACQUAINTANCES to

FRIENDS. You may think of them all as your friends, but get to know them

even more. Find those with whom you especially click. Meet those you can

in person. Personalize the relationships. You can't get to know everyone

here as much as you might wish but you sure can make some incredible

special friends. As great as the sharing of information is here and

thats certainly what brought most of us initially here, the friendships

can be more valuable. Yes, they will include pain as your friends

suffer, but comfort as you do. Also, comfort knowing you can be there

for your friend.

Steve is lucky to have Sher as a friend. One person who got to meet

Vicky and Steve and to whom he can relate with some of the problems. One

he can call who then can represent all of us.

One last thing, if you make members here your friends, then nothing will

come between that. If they say something sometime you don't like or

agree with or even that hurts your feelings you'd discuss it but it

won't damage your friendship. You'll realize that we're all complex

combinations and have our good and bad points and good and bad days.

You'll discuss things that need to be discussed in private but you'll

find that when you're struggling a bit that friend will be there for

you.

I long ago labelled Sher as cantankerous and she is, still is, always

will be, but I also know she's one of the most loving friends you could

have. I know if I don't show up and she doesn't know where I am my phone

will ring. Steve now knows he can call on her.

There are so many incredibly special people here and we need them and

they need us. I know another member who sometimes comes across a bit

direct but is the most loving hugging gentle wonderful woman that you

just wish you could go hug anytime.

If you want to just use the board for information, thats fine. But, I'd

strongly encourage you that it can be more. You can't personally get to

know everyone, but you sure can make some endearing friends who do

understand.

I wish I could get to Oregon and to Indiana and California and Florida

and everywhere there is a member. But I am going to see everyone close I

can. Right now Elise is next on my list to actually meet so warning her.

And need to get to Lubbock and see and her friend, Lizabeth, who

is having surgery, and would love to see Wally when he's not working as

hard as at his fundraiser, and San to see Jon and hug Teri and

their family and can't wait to eat lunch with Gwynne when she gets back

from Colorado. Thats just those close and all the rest of you I wish i

could see.

Life is short. We know that too well. Don't miss the opportunities.

> >

> > Group,

> > Steve (in WA) just called me and his wife Vicky is in the hospital.

> Advanced cancer has been found in her lungs, back and liver.

> > This was discovered just this afternoon so his and her families are

> numb with shock.

> >

> > He asked me to post the board because he can't possibly catch up

with

> his posts and he won't be reading/posting much right now.

> >

> > He will have her sisters and her mother staying with him so his

needs

> will be met...

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

Well said Bruce... I know for me, my world has narrowed down to a precious few...my immediate family and in the broader sense, my air family.

Meeting a member face to face puts them in the category of 'immediate family' right away. Steve is like a brother I never had. We always say, "I love you" when we end a conversation.

Neither of us would have this closeness w/o the PNW gathering, although we "took to each" right away through emails.

We have talked about another gathering in the fall. We'll have to see what the fall brings.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Bruce/ general medical stuff

SherSo glad you had your gathering. Certainly this isn't something youexpected after but it sure has to provide something for Steve hewouldn't have had otherwise. Now its to good that he can turn to youand, through you, to all of us.Reminder to all others. Turn forum members from ACQUAINTANCES toFRIENDS. You may think of them all as your friends, but get to know themeven more. Find those with whom you especially click. Meet those you canin person. Personalize the relationships. You can't get to know everyonehere as much as you might wish but you sure can make some incrediblespecial friends. As great as the sharing of information is here andthats certainly what brought most of us initially here, the friendshipscan be more valuable. Yes, they will include pain as your friendssuffer, but comfort as you do. Also, comfort knowing you can be therefor your friend.Steve is lucky to have Sher as a friend. One person who got to meetVicky and Steve and to whom he can relate with some of the problems. Onehe can call who then can represent all of us.One last thing, if you make members here your friends, then nothing willcome between that. If they say something sometime you don't like oragree with or even that hurts your feelings you'd discuss it but itwon't damage your friendship. You'll realize that we're all complexcombinations and have our good and bad points and good and bad days.You'll discuss things that need to be discussed in private but you'llfind that when you're struggling a bit that friend will be there foryou.I long ago labelled Sher as cantankerous and she is, still is, alwayswill be, but I also know she's one of the most loving friends you couldhave. I know if I don't show up and she doesn't know where I am my phonewill ring. Steve now knows he can call on her.There are so many incredibly special people here and we need them andthey need us. I know another member who sometimes comes across a bitdirect but is the most loving hugging gentle wonderful woman that youjust wish you could go hug anytime.If you want to just use the board for information, thats fine. But, I'dstrongly encourage you that it can be more. You can't personally get toknow everyone, but you sure can make some endearing friends who dounderstand.I wish I could get to Oregon and to Indiana and California and Floridaand everywhere there is a member. But I am going to see everyone close Ican. Right now Elise is next on my list to actually meet so warning her.And need to get to Lubbock and see and her friend, Lizabeth, whois having surgery, and would love to see Wally when he's not working ashard as at his fundraiser, and San to see Jon and hug Teri andtheir family and can't wait to eat lunch with Gwynne when she gets backfrom Colorado. Thats just those close and all the rest of you I wish icould see.Life is short. We know that too well. Don't miss the opportunities.> >> > Group,> > Steve (in WA) just called me and his wife Vicky is in the hospital.> Advanced cancer has been found in her lungs, back and liver.> > This was discovered just this afternoon so his and her families are> numb with shock.> >> > He asked me to post the board because he can't possibly catch upwith> his posts and he won't be reading/posting much right now.> >> > He will have her sisters and her mother staying with him so hisneeds> will be met...> >> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>