RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:yawning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am also on Prednisone ( down to 25mgs.) and Imuran ( for 2 weeks) and have Reynaud's. My feet have been swelling and the veins popping out. They tingle and burn. My hands and arms burn and my fingers swell. When I went to rheumatologist two weeks ago, I had all of those things except for swelling in my feet. She said these things were related to the Raynaud's and gave me nitoglycerin cream to rub on my hands and feet. Since I've started taking Imuran, my hands and feet are swelling continually. It's hard to differentiate the Reynaud's from the side effects of the two meds. Knowing that Prednisone can lead to diabetes, I'm watching for signs and taking care of my feet. How does your Raynaud's effect you? Before prednisone, it was only in the shriveling and discoloration of my fingers. Now, I have these "monster" hands and feet that swell, burn and throb. I'll be watching closely to see what your doctor says. It's enough

that we are dealing with a major lung issue without all these little side trips cropping up!

PF, Sjogren's, Reynaud's Apr.'08

TX age 52

Watch your feet very closely. While it may be directly from the Imuranor Prednisone and is something to be watched if so, it could also be awarning that you're approaching diabetes. Either way its something tomake sure your pulmonologist is aware of, as strange as that sounds. Nowit also could be from swelling and shoes and looser shoes and evendiabetic socks might help. Just don't say something like "oh its just mefeet, it's nothing" and dismiss it too lightly.> > >> > > Diane,> > > It's so hard to say because what every person feels within his orher> > own body is so subjective. I've definitely had what I'd calltightness> > in my chest. I'd describe it as a feeling of having a band tightly> > wrapped around my upper body and the inability to take a deepbreath.> > One of the first things I remember noticing, long before I felt> > significantly short of breath was that I somehow lost the ability to> > yawn. I'd start to yawn and then suddenly on the inhale I'd juststop,> > I couldn't get the

amount of air in that was required for a nice big> > yawn. I remember thinking it was weird but since I had no other> > symptoms at the time I didn't think too much of it.> > > Since my period of treatment with predinisone and my continuousoxygen> > use along with pulmonary rehab and regular exercise my shortness of> > breath and that feeling of tightness is greatly diminished. I still> > can't yawn very well but I've learned to live with it. I hope that> > somehow answers your question, I do think the answer will besomewhat> > different for each individual.> > > Good luck!> > >> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > -----

Original Message ----> > > From: Dianne Ormond dormond2@> > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > <mailto:Breathe- Support%40yahoog roups.com>> > > Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 3:47:53 PM> > > Subject: chest tightness> > >> > >> > > Hello everyone,> > > I¢ve been diagnosed with PF. I have a question regarding chest> > tightness.> > > First off, my heart is in great shape. It has been checked bymultiple> > doctors and a half dozen tests, so it is not a heart issue.> > > My chest and throat tightness is chronic and increasing. Itisn¢t> > painful, just tight. It started out as fleeting,

then only aftersitting> > for a while.> > > Then it was most of the day, but exercising or sleep would stopit.> > Now it is all the time, no matter sitting, sleeping, exercising, or> > standing.> > > Is this related to PF?> > > Thanks for your responses.> > >> >> >> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com> >Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.6/1538 - Release Date:7/7/2008 7:40 AM> >> >>No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.6/1538 - Release Date: 7/7/2008 7:40 AM