RemedySpot.com

Fine thanks, how are you?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just wondering.

When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'

I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How about you?

Love Ze xx

Guest guest

Zena,

I think you came up with the answer in your post. "Fine, for me. Thanks!" I'd never thought of it but it would work, don't you think? I kind of like it, maybe not for the girl in the shop who chirps, "and how are you today maam" but when a friend asks, it would let them know that I'm ok while still acknowledging my definition of fine is different from theirs. What do you think?

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Fine thanks, how are you?

Just wondering.

When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'

I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How about you?

Love Ze xx

Guest guest

Sounds good to me >> Zena,> I think you came up with the answer in your post. "Fine, for me. Thanks!" I'd never thought of it but it would work, don't you think? I kind of like it, maybe not for the girl in the shop who chirps, "and how are you today maam" but when a friend asks, it would let them know that I'm ok while still acknowledging my definition of fine is different from theirs. What do you think?> > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > Fine thanks, how are you?> > > Just wondering. > > When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!' > > I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How about you?> > Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

MB & Z, When I go to Church on Sundays the greeters and people standing in the narthex always ask "How are you doing" I just say "Great, for the shape I'm in Great".  Very people really want to hear about sickies anyhow. lolSometimes I get strange looks but hey !!! Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Zena, I totally understand as all of us

do! What is OK for me today would have been lousy 3 years ago!

I usually say" I'm having a good day today" Words like fine, good, OK

have different meaning now.

Those friends who understand will get it...the others..I don't have

energy to waste trying to teach them!

I still get the " you look good" You're looking really fine today".

...sometimes I get annoyed and answer" Yeh...with this hose up my nose!

Other times I just let it go.

We're celebrating our Independence from you all today...Happy 4th!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Zena wrote:

Just wondering.

When people say to you

'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are

you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off

for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than

passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say

so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's

face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I

feel fine FOR ME!'

I've forgotten what

feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it

is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How

about you?

Love Ze xx

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.134 / Virus Database: 270.4.5/1533 - Release Date: 7/3/2008 7:19 PM

Guest guest

Sometimes I find it's not really a lack of interest as such, it's just something you say. I'm guilty of it too tbh, and guilty of thinking 'I didn't really expect you to answer' after a while too which is probably why I reply 'fine thanks'. It's sometimes hard to decide who is genuinely interested. But even if they're interested, I don't necessarily want to tell them because there are days when I find it boring. Kwim? I have a cut off point with convo's with mates. When I have news, they get the news, can ask me questions and then we change the subject and talk of sunnier things.

But I think I was one to say 'fine thanks' if I was struggling with a cold and evidently ill

Love Ze xx> >> >> > Just wondering.> >> >> >> > When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually> reply> > 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that> and> > a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my> > health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so> > why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of> > hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that> > usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'> >> >> >> > I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me'> > it's just the way it is [:)] ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'.> > How about you?> >> >> >> > Love Ze xx> >>

Guest guest

Ah, yes the 4th of July, the day the colonies treacherously started a war against their lawful government and king (runs away and takes cover )> > > Just wondering. > >> > > >> > When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually > > reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like > > that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring > > about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're > > not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm > > bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under > > par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!' > >> > > >> > I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' > > it's just the way it is :)) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. > > How about you?> >> > > >> > Love Ze xx> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG. > >Version: 8.0.134 / Virus Database: 270.4.5/1533 - Release Date: 7/3/2008 7:19 PM> > > >>

Guest guest

Hi Ze,

For me it depends who asks me, How are you? If it's people at work or people in general, I just reply

I'm fine. Thank You! How are you?

If it's my mom or sister and close friends, I will say how I'm feeling, if I'm feeling like crap...I will let

them know

one thing I learned is if people don't understand what I'm faced with and I have to repeat, what PF is

and Crohn's is...and you can see in their eyes they don't get it...even if you explain it in lame terms...I

just stop the conversation..and I say I'm fine! Thanks!

There are days, that even if I'm feeling like crap...I don't like to talk about how I'm feeling!

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Re: Fine thanks, how are you?

Sometimes I find it's not really a lack of interest as such, it's just something you say. I'm guilty of it too tbh, and guilty of thinking 'I didn't really expect you to answer' after a while too which is probably why I reply 'fine thanks'. It's sometimes hard to decide who is genuinely interested. But even if they're interested, I don't necessarily want to tell them because there are days when I find it boring. Kwim? I have a cut off point with convo's with mates. When I have news, they get the news, can ask me questions and then we change the subject and talk of sunnier things.

But I think I was one to say 'fine thanks' if I was struggling with a cold and evidently ill

Love Ze xx> >> >> > Just wondering.> >> >> >> > When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually> reply> > 'fine thanks,

how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that> and> > a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my> > health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so> > why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of> > hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that> > usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'> >> >> >> > I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me'> > it's just the way it is [:)] ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'.> > How about you?> >> >> >> > Love Ze xx> >>

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger