RemedySpot.com

A Message from Jane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mama-Sher & Peggy,

I can relate to your anguish of not being able to wipe, clean out the dishwasher, etc., etc. etc. Four years ago when I was just home from the hospitals, I could not do much of anything for myself. I couldn't even get myself in a sitting position to get out of the bed! Now, four years later, I have organized myself somewhat to take care of my needs. 1. My kitchen is tiny because we have a table and 4 chairs in the middle of it. The washer-dryer closet is also in the kitchen. The table is accessible for folding, stacking, etc. and still be seated. The stove, sink, and refrig are accessible by sitting on a chair and reaching to the right or left or behind. 2. I usually stay at home until it is time to drive to the afternoon PREP class. If I need to go to the bank drive-ins this is when I go. 3. I do not use any cleaners, nor dust nor vaccumm the carpet or mop the floor. I do not make up the bed and I cannot carry groceries into the house from the car. I have a folding cart that I could use but I know the cart would be heavy if it is filled with groderies. 4. Basically, I get up, spread up the bed a little, take care of dressing and bathing, fix my breakfast and take my medicine. 5. If I have any piano students to teach at my studio, I plan to teach them after I have gone to exercise. 6. I try to make myself sit down as much as possible, I even have to sit down and rest before getting on the treadmill, etc. 7. I have a chain at the back door that I can hook Max to if I cannot walk him. Lately I have been doing that or letting walk him. 8. I always plan plenty of computer time.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl