RemedySpot.com

Re: A question of crackles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Z, FIRST, I love the picture of you and "The MAN"  LOL Last visit to my Dr. she brought in a young Fellow and ask if she could listen to my lungs, I have classic IPFcrackles and broken glass sounds. I have always wanted to listen but I don't think anyone would appreciate me sticking their stethoscope in my ears.  I don't know what makes the noise, I'll ask in Aug when I go back.She also checked out my lovely clubs and all the stuff they could think of. I don't know what the P2 is about. Bet someone comes up with it though. Take care of you..  Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Oh, I know what the P2 is. It's the second heart beat. It should sound BOOMboom BOOMboom, where as a loud P2 indicates a boomBOOM boomBOOM. It's common to PH.

Thank you re the pic.

Love Ze xx>> Hi Z, FIRST, I love the picture of you and "The MAN" LOL> > Last visit to my Dr. she brought in a young Fellow and ask if she > could listen to my lungs, I have classic IPF> crackles and broken glass sounds. I have always wanted to listen but > I don't think anyone would appreciate me sticking their stethoscope > in my ears. I don't know what makes the noise, I'll ask in Aug when > I go back.> She also checked out my lovely clubs and all the stuff they could > think of.> > I don't know what the P2 is about. Bet someone comes up with it though.> > Take care of you..> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> IPF 2004, Florida> > "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Guest guest

My crackles come and go, they've disappeared the last couple of times I've been to the doctor. Generally though they are the sound of our 'sticky' lungs unsticking when we inhale and air tries to get into all those little spaces. To me it sounds like velcro.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hi Z, FIRST, I love the picture of you and "The MAN" LOL

Last visit to my Dr. she brought in a young Fellow and ask if she could listen to my lungs, I have classic IPF

crackles and broken glass sounds. I have always wanted to listen but I don't think anyone would appreciate me sticking their stethoscope in my ears. I don't know what makes the noise, I'll ask in Aug when I go back.

She also checked out my lovely clubs and all the stuff they could think of.

I don't know what the P2 is about. Bet someone comes up with it though.

Take care of you..

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

MB, Thanks for that nasty picture..lol I feel like I wanna go wash off the sticky.  Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Peggy ... I'll go sticky washin' with you. lol

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

MB, Thanks for that nasty picture..lol

I feel like I wanna go wash off the sticky.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Sorry Peggy.....Sticky's probably the wrong word but it really does sound exactly like velcro. When I had bronchitis in the fall of 06 I could hear the velcro noise without the stethoscope whenever I coughed. I hated that!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

MB, Thanks for that nasty picture..lol

I feel like I wanna go wash off the sticky.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

I know, I hear wheezing at night as I'm going to sleep. Makes me nuts. COME ON BABY.... Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Zena,

My crackles come and go. Sometimes doctors hear them ( sometimes they are loud enough for everyone around me to hear them) and most often when I go to the doctors they hear nothing. I seem to have them the most when I am having a Sarcoid flareup or I am overly tired. And I most often hear them early in the morning when I wake up. I am assuming it is the same for everyone else. I don't worry about them anymore, being sob is a lot more frightening but I know my doctor worries about them and always wants to up my prednisone when she hears them. Wish you could join us in California- Take care- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

A question of crackles

I've had a copy of a letter from my doc who is investigating my PH, and, amongst other things, it reads

'On examination:

She had a loud P2 and crackles consistant with known fibrosis.'

Now, I've always been told that I don't exhibit the crackles and that not everyone does, but he obviously heard them. So, do the crackles come and go? Or is it just the severity of the PF that's done it? A doc that examined me in February couldn't hear them and re-checked my info to check that I was the PF patient.

Any ideas?

Love Ze xx