RemedySpot.com

Re: 10 mg Prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Joy I found this article from Hopkins vasculitis center on side effects. Everyone is so different I and reacts different to medications. I think that is a hard question. I know i once had steroids years ago for pain. I would never take them again. I got moon face, 80 + pounds, hair and more, for me not good, never helped pain. That was me. Now I could imagine my side effects would be that much worse.

http://vasculitis.med.jhu.edu/treatments/prednisone.html

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

10 mg Prednisone

I'm sitting here so tired for the second day. I work around the houselike a snail...takes 5 hours to finished what used to take 1/2 hour. Ihave some family from Norway coming the end of this week - I haven'ttaken a shower yet and its 3pm! Think I'll go lay on the bed again. Guests, cooking - shared by sister and cousin thankfully, etc tires meto think of it.Do you think that 10 mg of Pred is still able to cause problems withkidney, bone density, and everything else it does.Joy in Seattle

Guest guest

Joy,

The short answer is yes. 10mg of prednisone can absolutely cause those side effects if taken over a long period of time. It's very individual however and my side effects began to subside drastically once I was taking less than 20mg. My blood sugar normalized, I stopped bruising excessively etc. I was taking Boniva, a prescription vitamin D supplement and over the counter calcium to prevent problems with bone density and continued taking all that until I had been off prednisone for a full year. I was told at that point I wouldn't need them again until I was post-menopausal or until I had to take prednisone again.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

10 mg Prednisone

I'm sitting here so tired for the second day. I work around the houselike a snail...takes 5 hours to finished what used to take 1/2 hour. Ihave some family from Norway coming the end of this week - I haven'ttaken a shower yet and its 3pm! Think I'll go lay on the bed again. Guests, cooking - shared by sister and cousin thankfully, etc tires meto think of it.Do you think that 10 mg of Pred is still able to cause problems withkidney, bone density, and everything else it does.Joy in Seattle

Guest guest

Sorry, I posted too soon. I meant to say I'm sorry you are so exhausted. You must be excited about your company coming and I know I would want everything perfect. Just remember to make yourself your own highest priority!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

10 mg Prednisone