RemedySpot.com

Re: Everyone About Portable Oxygen Please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mayleen,

I have the Helios Marathon, which is liquid oxygen, which I fill up when I am going anywhere. I also have the Respironics Evergo, POC. I can use it anywhere, too. I just have to remember to plug it in and keep the batteries charged. The batteries in the Evergo can last up to 8 hours on 2LPM but can recharge in 4 hrs. or less. My POC has a demand system(pulse) so it is NOT to be used when sleeping. Neither is the Helios suppose to be used for sleeping. However, the Helios Marthon has a demand setting or a continous setting, of which I am not exactly sure how long the continous setting lasts when filled up. I am going out of town on Thursday morning, and spending the night in Atlanta because my doctor appointment at Emory is on Friday. This is how I will do it: I will take my concentrator I use at home and put it in the car Then I will fill up my Helios Marathon (to the max) Then I will put my POC in the back seat and drape the cannula up to the driver's seat. I will go to the car with the Helios, and take it off and turn it off when I get in the car. Then I will crank the car. Once the car is running, I can then turn on the POC which is plugged into the backseat lighter, and start using it in the car. Now I will drive to Atlanta to Emory. Once I get there, I will park in the valet parking turn off the Evergo, turn on the Helios, and go to the meeting. After the meeting I will get back in the car with the Helios and drive a few blocks down the street to the place I am staying. When I get out of the car, my daughter will unload everything, the concentrator, the POC, etc. I am on the Helios until we get to our room. Once in the room, I will get out my tubes & cannula and plug it in and start using the concentrator I use in my house. Then I will probably plug in my POC and recharge it for the next day. I will porbably use the Helios when we eat dinner. At night I will use my CPAP with my concentrator that I use in the house for sleeping. The next day, I will be able to continue to use the Helios until I get to the Emory Clinic for my appointment. Once there, I will use their O2. If the Helios seems empty, or has just a little ( I am not taking an extra reservoir to refill it) I will use the POC. It has been my experience thus far,that the Helios Marathon can last until the next day, maybe not all day, but some of it. As long as I am not running around all over Atlanta. Which I really cannot do. After the appointment is over, then I can go to the car, either with the POC or Helios, get in the car, drive home, using the POC. That is what I do.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Good Morning, > > Happy Father's Day to the Dear Dads !!!> > I would like opinions on portable oxygen systems, those that can be used in cars to lighters, easy, convenient, lightweight any information as to what you have and what you would rather have if not happy with yours. Lets say for long road trip that you had to depend on oxygen and maybe no supplier. Or if I would have to go to a shelter or something like it. Any opinions are appreciated. Please give me name of system like Helios, Imogen, Sequal Eclipse , Ever Gro , XPO2 Invacre, etc. Thank you All in Advance. Does anyone have composite cylinders that can give me information on those? > > > God Bless !!> dragonflymcs> Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ MPD / IRD +14> < Click on me !! >