RemedySpot.com

Need Some Advice.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi to All My Friends

On Friday my regular nurse couldn't come in the afternoon....so she send someone on

Saturday to change the dressing and flush the PICC Line. One line she was able to

flush and the 2nd line she couldn't she didn't try as much. Anyways she tells me it's

blocked. This morning (Monday) she was going to notify my surgeon that it's blocked.

On Saturday after I had lunch with my sister, my brother-in-law daughter and boyfriend

I went to ER. Didn't have wait wait long...saw IV nurse and she was able to flush it easily

and nothing was wrong with the line. What a relief!

This morning I call my surgeon and leave a message and say everything is fine with the line,

it was chacked in ER. Later in the afternoon I receive a call he's going to take out on Thursday

morning.

In May when I was discharged from hospital the line was kept in because of my bad veins and be

able to receive the Remicade Infusions without being poked 8-10 times, having to wait 4hrs just

for them to find a vein and my arm looking like fireworks or a drug addict and easy access to IV

fluids and meds. Blood tests every 2 months and then in between if I had to go to ER.

The surgeon knew and knows why the line was kept in

Why I need some advice...on Wednesday I'm receiving my Remicade Infusion the PICC Line will

still be inserted. It's coming out the next day. For the next infusion, bloods in case of emergency or the

blood tests in between...emergency IV access I will have to refuse treatment because I don't want my

hands to look like fireworks or a drug addict.

I tried explaining neither surgeon or GI want to listen. Whether it's right or wrong by refusing treatment

it's going to be safe for me. At the same time I'm run ning the risk of becoming very sick again (like it was

when I spent 26 days in hospital and losing all that way). I know it sounds like I'm jeopardizing my health...

enough is enough though...

It's OK for them to have jeopardized my health, put me through hell back in January until April and they still

want to continue the same path and got yelled for their mistake, because they didn't want to admit to it.

Not this time...It ain't going to happen this time!

Thanks for letting me vent

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers.

Guest guest

Hi Irene,

I don't really know what to say. I wanted you to know that I'd read, but I really have no advice. Is the surgeon going by the info given that the line is blocked or has he officially got the new info yet?

Love Ze xx>> Hi to All My Friends> On Friday my regular nurse couldn't come in the afternoon....so she send someone on> Saturday to change the dressing and flush the PICC Line. One line she was able to > flush and the 2nd line she couldn't she didn't try as much. Anyways she tells me it's > blocked. This morning (Monday) she was going to notify my surgeon that it's blocked.> On Saturday after I had lunch with my sister, my brother-in-law daughter and boyfriend> I went to ER. Didn't have wait wait long...saw IV nurse and she was able to flush it easily> and nothing was wrong with the line. What a relief!> This morning I call my surgeon and leave a message and say everything is fine with the line,> it was chacked in ER. Later in the afternoon I receive a call he's going to take out on Thursday> morning.> In May when I was discharged from hospital the line was kept in because of my bad veins and be> able to receive the Remicade Infusions without being poked 8-10 times, having to wait 4hrs just> for them to find a vein and my arm looking like fireworks or a drug addict and easy access to IV> fluids and meds.. Blood tests every 2 months and then in between if I had to go to ER.> The surgeon knew and knows why the line was kept in > Why I need some advice...on Wednesday I'm receiving my Remicade Infusion the PICC Line will> still be inserted. It's coming out the next day. For the next infusion, bloods in case of emergency or the > blood tests in between...emergency IV access I will have to refuse treatment because I don't want my > hands to look like fireworks or a drug addict.> I tried explaining neither surgeon or GI want to listen. Whether it's right or wrong by refusing treatment> it's going to be safe for me. At the same time I'm run ning the risk of becoming very sick again (like it was> when I spent 26 days in hospital and losing all that way). I know it sounds like I'm jeopardizing my health...> enough is enough though...> It's OK for them to have jeopardized my health, put me through hell back in January until April and they still> want to continue the same path and got yelled for their mistake, because they didn't want to admit to it.> Not this time...It ain't going to happen this time!> Thanks for letting me vent> Irene> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92> > > __________________________________________________________________> Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/>

Guest guest

Hi Ze,

He's going according to what the nurse said. I already told him the line is fine and he

can also check with the emergency department he works at and with the nurses too, in

the same ER, which were relieved to see me with a PICC Line.

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Re: Need Some Advice.....

Hi Irene,

I don't really know what to say. I wanted you to know that I'd read, but I really have no advice. Is the surgeon going by the info given that the line is blocked or has he officially got the new info yet?

Love Ze xx>> Hi to All My Friends> On Friday my regular nurse couldn't come in the afternoon... .so she send someone on> Saturday to change the dressing and flush the PICC Line. One line she was able to > flush and the 2nd line she couldn't she didn't try as much. Anyways she tells me it's > blocked. This morning (Monday) she was going to notify my surgeon that it's blocked.> On Saturday after I had lunch with my sister, my brother-in-law daughter and boyfriend> I went to ER. Didn't have wait wait long...saw IV nurse and she was able to flush it easily> and nothing was wrong with the line. What a relief!> This morning I call my surgeon and leave a message and say everything is fine with the line,> it was chacked in ER. Later

in the afternoon I receive a call he's going to take out on Thursday> morning.> In May when I was discharged from hospital the line was kept in because of my bad veins and be> able to receive the Remicade Infusions without being poked 8-10 times, having to wait 4hrs just> for them to find a vein and my arm looking like fireworks or a drug addict and easy access to IV> fluids and meds.. Blood tests every 2 months and then in between if I had to go to ER.> The surgeon knew and knows why the line was kept in > Why I need some advice...on Wednesday I'm receiving my Remicade Infusion the PICC Line will> still be inserted. It's coming out the next day. For the next infusion, bloods in case of emergency or the > blood tests in between...emergency IV access I will have to refuse treatment because I don't want my > hands to look like fireworks or a drug addict.> I tried

explaining neither surgeon or GI want to listen. Whether it's right or wrong by refusing treatment> it's going to be safe for me. At the same time I'm run ning the risk of becoming very sick again (like it was> when I spent 26 days in hospital and losing all that way). I know it sounds like I'm jeopardizing my health...> enough is enough though...> It's OK for them to have jeopardized my health, put me through hell back in January until April and they still> want to continue the same path and got yelled for their mistake, because they didn't want to admit to it.> Not this time...It ain't going to happen this time!> Thanks for letting me vent> Irene> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and

more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta. messenger. yahoo.com/>

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Guest guest

Hmmm, sounds like a case of 'hello left hand, I'd like you to meet right hand' I mean, patient aside, it must make their job easier!

Love Ze xx> >> > Hi to All My Friends> > On Friday my regular nurse couldn't come in the afternoon... .so she send someone on> > Saturday to change the dressing and flush the PICC Line. One line she was able to > > flush and the 2nd line she couldn't she didn't try as much. Anyways she tells me it's > > blocked. This morning (Monday) she was going to notify my surgeon that it's blocked.> > On Saturday after I had lunch with my sister, my brother-in-law daughter and boyfriend> > I went to ER. Didn't have wait wait long...saw IV nurse and she was able to flush it easily> > and nothing was wrong with the line. What a relief!> > This morning I call my surgeon and leave a message and say everything is fine with the line,> > it was chacked in ER. Later in the afternoon I receive a call he's going to take out on Thursday> > morning.> > In May when I was discharged from hospital the line was kept in because of my bad veins and be> > able to receive the Remicade Infusions without being poked 8-10 times, having to wait 4hrs just> > for them to find a vein and my arm looking like fireworks or a drug addict and easy access to IV> > fluids and meds.. Blood tests every 2 months and then in between if I had to go to ER.> > The surgeon knew and knows why the line was kept in > > Why I need some advice...on Wednesday I'm receiving my Remicade Infusion the PICC Line will> > still be inserted. It's coming out the next day. For the next infusion, bloods in case of emergency or the > > blood tests in between...emergency IV access I will have to refuse treatment because I don't want my > > hands to look like fireworks or a drug addict.> > I tried explaining neither surgeon or GI want to listen. Whether it's right or wrong by refusing treatment> > it's going to be safe for me. At the same time I'm run ning the risk of becoming very sick again (like it was> > when I spent 26 days in hospital and losing all that way). I know it sounds like I'm jeopardizing my health...> > enough is enough though...> > It's OK for them to have jeopardized my health, put me through hell back in January until April and they still> > want to continue the same path and got yelled for their mistake, because they didn't want to admit to it.> > Not this time...It ain't going to happen this time!> > Thanks for letting me vent> > Irene> > PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> > Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta. messenger. yahoo.com/> >> > > > __________________________________________________________________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.>

Guest guest

Irene,

I have a chest main line and before that a picc line in my arm for 6 weeks. I am sure that you know that having these lines in are so very dangerous. An infection could kill you. My husband changes my sterile bandage and he loves me so is very careful. Where you have different health workers coming to change yours, I think that is more worrisome. The bacteria that they carry in with them could be deadly to you.

I am sure all of this would play into the doctors decision.

I also have terrible veins. It is so painful to be stuck in all the places that they have to go for blood....like between the fingers.

I hope that you do not stop your medication. You have been through so much. I wish that you had better doctors.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>> Hi to All My Friends> On Friday my regular nurse couldn't come in the afternoon....so she send someone on> Saturday to change the dressing and flush the PICC Line. One line she was able to > flush and the 2nd line she couldn't she didn't try as much. Anyways she tells me it's > blocked. This morning (Monday) she was going to notify my surgeon that it's blocked.> On Saturday after I had lunch with my sister, my brother-in-law daughter and boyfriend> I went to ER. Didn't have wait wait long...saw IV nurse and she was able to flush it easily> and nothing was wrong with the line. What a relief!> This morning I call my surgeon and leave a message and say everything is fine with the line,> it was chacked in ER. Later in the afternoon I receive a call he's going to take out on Thursday> morning.> In May when I was discharged from hospital the line was kept in because of my bad veins and be> able to receive the Remicade Infusions without being poked 8-10 times, having to wait 4hrs just> for them to find a vein and my arm looking like fireworks or a drug addict and easy access to IV> fluids and meds.. Blood tests every 2 months and then in between if I had to go to ER.> The surgeon knew and knows why the line was kept in > Why I need some advice...on Wednesday I'm receiving my Remicade Infusion the PICC Line will> still be inserted. It's coming out the next day. For the next infusion, bloods in case of emergency or the > blood tests in between...emergency IV access I will have to refuse treatment because I don't want my > hands to look like fireworks or a drug addict.> I tried explaining neither surgeon or GI want to listen. Whether it's right or wrong by refusing treatment> it's going to be safe for me. At the same time I'm run ning the risk of becoming very sick again (like it was> when I spent 26 days in hospital and losing all that way). I know it sounds like I'm jeopardizing my health...> enough is enough though...> It's OK for them to have jeopardized my health, put me through hell back in January until April and they still> want to continue the same path and got yelled for their mistake, because they didn't want to admit to it.> Not this time...It ain't going to happen this time!> Thanks for letting me vent> Irene> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92> > > __________________________________________________________________> Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/>