RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm here too

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi , I ued to take Advair. It has a small amount of steroids in it. Make sure you rinse your mouth after taking it. It weakens your teeth some how. I do not take anything else any more but an inhaler, sorry cannot help you with the others. However others here can.

What is Advair?

Advair contains fluticasone and salmeterol. Fluticasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances that cause inflammation. Salmeterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.

Advair is used to prevent asthma attacks. Advair is also used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis. It should not be used to treat a sudden symptom of shortness of breath because it does not work immediately.

Advair may also be used for purposes other than those listed.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Re: Where us everyone>>

I'm here!/22/ OhioNon-Hodgkins Lymphoma DX 12/2005 (2 years of remission!)Autologus Bone Marrow Transplant 9/2006 (Almost 2nd birthday)Pulmonary Fibrosis (Caused by Chemo) DX 6/2008>> Anybody home here??> > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

thank u i have been stable for nearly two years and i dont know whether to be concerned that the crackle has come back. thatb is not the same thing as wheezing is it? thanks for amswering. i kind of sit back and read the posts . diana 44 nsip raynauds 2992

From: Beth <mbmurthayahoo (DOT) com>Subject: I'm here tooTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, June 23, 2008, 7:05 PM

Your faithful moderator is here also! Waiting for a wave of thunderstorms to go through here in NC. We need the rain! I'm feeling pretty good, managed to get 45 minutes on the treadmill in today, plus get my hair cut! A reasonably productive day!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

I'm here!/22/ OhioNon-Hodgkins Lymphoma DX 12/2005 (2 years of remission!)Autologus Bone Marrow Transplant 9/2006 (Almost 2nd birthday)Pulmonary Fibrosis (Caused by Chemo) DX 6/2008>> Anybody home here??> > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

They are different breath sounds depending on the condition :

Crackles are discontinuous, nonmusical, brief sounds heard more commonly on inspiration. They can be classified as fine (high pitched, soft, very brief) or coarse (low pitched, louder, less brief). When listening to crackles, pay special attention to their loudness, pitch, duration, number, timing in the respiratory cycle, location, pattern from breath to breath, change after a cough or shift in position. Crackles may sometimes be normally heard at the anterior lung bases after a maximal expiration or after prolonged recumbency.

Wheezes are continuous, high pitched, hissing sounds heard normally on expiration but also sometimes on inspiration. They are produced when air flows through airways narrowed by secretions, foreign bodies, or obstructive lesions.Note when the wheezes occur and if there is a change after a deep breath or cough. Also note if the wheezes are monophonic (suggesting obstruction of one airway) or polyphonic (suggesting generalized obstruction of airways).

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Guest guest

Wheezing is entirely different from crackling. Wheezing is the whistling sound that air makes as it's going through narrowed breathing passages. It's not typically a symptom of pulmonary fibrosis. It's a symptom of asthma and other types of reactive airway disease but not fibrosis. You can have both symptoms but they would be symptoms of different diseases.

Beth

Guest guest

thanks for the info i am going to make an appointment with my pulmo doc tomorrow diana

From: Beth <mbmurthayahoo (DOT) com>Subject: I'm here tooTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, June 23, 2008, 7:05 PM

Your faithful moderator is here also! Waiting for a wave of thunderstorms to go through here in NC. We need the rain! I'm feeling pretty good, managed to get 45 minutes on the treadmill in today, plus get my hair cut! A reasonably productive day!

Beth

Guest guest

My Pleasure I pray all goes well for you !!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Guest guest

, I don't remember you, but Hello! I

had crackling ( sounded like velco to me too) when I was Dx'd in 2005.

It's been gone since the prednisone and Imuran stabilized me within a

few months.

I don't even know what wheezing is! I don't think it goes with NSIP. I

only use an inhaler ( atrovent)

if I've come in contact with really strong odors that I'm sensitive to.

Sorry that I can't be of anymore help.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Cain wrote:

thank u i have been stable for nearly two years and i

dont know whether to be concerned that the crackle has come back. thatb

is not the same thing as wheezing is it? thanks for amswering. i kind

of sit back and read the posts . diana 44 nsip raynauds 2992

<mbmurthayahoo (DOT) com>

Subject: I'm here too

To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 7:05 PM

Your faithful moderator is here also! Waiting

for a wave of thunderstorms to go through here in NC. We need the rain!

I'm feeling pretty good, managed to get 45 minutes on the treadmill in

today, plus get my hair cut! A reasonably productive day!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP

06/06

Change everything.

Love and Forgive

-----

Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 6:22:47 PM

Subject: Re: Where us everyone>>

I'm here!

/22/ Ohio

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma DX 12/2005 (2 years of remission!)

Autologus Bone Marrow Transplant 9/2006 (Almost 2nd birthday)

Pulmonary Fibrosis (Caused by Chemo) DX 6/2008

>

> Anybody home here??

>

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.4.1/1514 - Release Date: 6/23/2008 7:17 AM