RemedySpot.com

A Million Dollar Idea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I keep thinking what I'd do with a million dollars if i had it. I'll

tell you, I'd be broke in 24 hours...and I'd do it over and over again.

I'm the one who would take down the street and install windmills on

every home. Why? because it's the thing to do. I believe in making a

difference and not sitting around scratching my ass lost in a dream

world. Yet I do live in such a world because I dream up new

possibilities. I do it all day everyday...the changes I could make in

just about every area if money were not the issue.

But tomorrow, if I had a million dollars...I'd be in Mentone Alabama

finding the perfect place for our intentional community. Why? I grew

up there...we were what you would call poor...but we didn't do

without...most of the people there were hard working, coal miners,

pulp wooders, and related friendly close knit people. No one went

without if anyone could help it...I don't know how many times we came

home to find bushels of food on the porch, or a load of sawmill scrap

to burn in the winter. People took care of themselves and others.

Mentone has always had a meaning for me too...Mentone means,...at one

with God... or, where man becomes God. It is a mountain area on

Lookout Mountain in the northeast corner of Alabama. it has about a

dozen summer camps, a river that actually created by deep springs out

of the mountain...lots of wells, springs, caves.

It consist of farms to heavily wooded places. Most homes are from the

early 1900's and cabins converted to living year round, although I've

heard that a fight had been started in recent years to stop new money

from coming in with development of new homes and ruining the beauty

that abounds.

It is surrounded by parks...DeSoto State Park and Falls, the Little

River Canyon Preserve, and many others. it's a wonderful place and

lots of wonderful opportunities. There's an old hotel there recently

semi restored where a lot of physics and related gather...many collage

students have been going there of late.

If I had a million dollars Id seek to buy there to create a community,

maybe buy an old summer camp, or old farm in need of gentle care. It

would serve greatly for cottage industry job creation by the

community. A free or low cost weekly classifieds brings people

together, we see what's being offered first, and business funds

advertising...geared more towards small business and those making a

living with their own products, ideas, services. it would be a small

income for our community as well.

Many people here/there...make and sale wood crafts, quilts, and other

hand made things...just right for our community. If I'm not mistaken,

part of the national flea market/yard sale comes through there once a

year.

So many members would be able to bring the thing they do, or create a

new business to support themselves by having a healing practice, or

making jams and jellies. The ideas are endless.

The area is great for campgrounds and rustic/unique bed-n-Breakfast

kind of thing...and the community would become even more self

supportive/sustainable.

Here is a link to the city of Mentone site...if interested there are

more links from there and you can Google the area for content and maps.

http://www.town-of-mentone-alabama.com/

If such a community was able to ever grow into a retreat and learning

center of sorts...this would be a number one place to do it. It's that

kind of place. There is a true energy about it.

Join us at:

homeineden

for more discussions in this area.

Right now I'm confined to searching in the central Alabama area

because of 's present job...but with the right

backing/underwriting...I'd be busy in Mentone making deals and making

things happen.

Of course, I'm a million short so i will have to stick to my ideas, my

dreaming into being and trying to get the word out. Somewhere, someone

is flush with cash and no idea how to make a difference.

If I had a million dollars, I'd be broke tomorrow...but I'd be so much

richer....and many more than just me.

D~

Guest guest

I hope you get a million dollars soon. Sounds like a lovely dream! Brightest Blessings to you my friend!

Trisha

----- Original Message ----From: <knightsintention@...> Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:51:56 PMSubject: [] A Million Dollar Idea

I keep thinking what I'd do with a million dollars if i had it. I'lltell you, I'd be broke in 24 hours...and I'd do it over and over again.I'm the one who would take down the street and install windmills onevery home. Why? because it's the thing to do. I believe in making adifference and not sitting around scratching my ass lost in a dreamworld. Yet I do live in such a world because I dream up newpossibilities. I do it all day everyday...the changes I could make injust about every area if money were not the issue.But tomorrow, if I had a million dollars...I' d be in Mentone Alabamafinding the perfect place for our intentional community. Why? I grewup there...we were what you would call poor...but we didn't dowithout...most of the people there were hard working, coal miners,pulp wooders, and related friendly close knit people. No one wentwithout if anyone could help it...I don't know how many

times we camehome to find bushels of food on the porch, or a load of sawmill scrapto burn in the winter. People took care of themselves and others.Mentone has always had a meaning for me too...Mentone means,...at onewith God... or, where man becomes God. It is a mountain area onLookout Mountain in the northeast corner of Alabama. it has about adozen summer camps, a river that actually created by deep springs outof the mountain...lots of wells, springs, caves.It consist of farms to heavily wooded places. Most homes are from theearly 1900's and cabins converted to living year round, although I'veheard that a fight had been started in recent years to stop new moneyfrom coming in with development of new homes and ruining the beautythat abounds.It is surrounded by parks...DeSoto State Park and Falls, the LittleRiver Canyon Preserve, and many others. it's a wonderful place andlots of

wonderful opportunities. There's an old hotel there recentlysemi restored where a lot of physics and related gather...many collagestudents have been going there of late.If I had a million dollars Id seek to buy there to create a community,maybe buy an old summer camp, or old farm in need of gentle care. Itwould serve greatly for cottage industry job creation by thecommunity. A free or low cost weekly classifieds brings peopletogether, we see what's being offered first, and business fundsadvertising. ..geared more towards small business and those making aliving with their own products, ideas, services. it would be a smallincome for our community as well.Many people here/there.. .make and sale wood crafts, quilts, and otherhand made things...just right for our community. If I'm not mistaken,part of the national flea market/yard sale comes through there once ayear.So many members would

be able to bring the thing they do, or create anew business to support themselves by having a healing practice, ormaking jams and jellies. The ideas are endless.The area is great for campgrounds and rustic/unique bed-n-Breakfastkind of thing...and the community would become even more selfsupportive/sustaina ble.Here is a link to the city of Mentone site...if interested there aremore links from there and you can Google the area for content and maps.http://www.town- of-mentone- alabama.com/If such a community was able to ever grow into a retreat and learningcenter of sorts...this would be a number one place to do it. It's thatkind of place. There is a true energy about it.Join us at:http://groups. / group/homeinedenfor more discussions in this area.Right now I'm confined to searching in the central Alabama areabecause of 's present job...but with the rightbacking/underwritin g...I'd be busy in Mentone making deals and makingthings happen.Of course, I'm a million short so i will have to stick to my ideas, mydreaming into being and trying to get the word out. Somewhere, someoneis flush with cash and no idea how to make a difference.If I had a million dollars, I'd be broke tomorrow...but I'd be so muchricher....and many more than just me.D~

Guest guest

Hello , I, too, grew up materially poor. And we, too, never went without those things necessary for survival/living. It seems that when folks aren't worrying about what they don't have, in terms of material possessions, and enjoying everything they do have, they are far better able to handle the ups and downs of life.

And, yes, a million dollars would not last long around me either. Probably one of the many reasons why I haven't been given the opportunity to find out, for sure.

And the Intentional Community thought is great. Hope to hear you manifest it.

Much Love

Mark

From: <knightsintention@...>Subject: [] A Million Dollar Idea Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 6:51 PM

I keep thinking what I'd do with a million dollars if i had it. I'lltell you, I'd be broke in 24 hours...and I'd do it over and over again.I'm the one who would take down the street and install windmills onevery home. Why? because it's the thing to do. I believe in making adifference and not sitting around scratching my ass lost in a dreamworld. Yet I do live in such a world because I dream up newpossibilities. I do it all day everyday...the changes I could make injust about every area if money were not the issue.But tomorrow, if I had a million dollars...I' d be in Mentone Alabamafinding the perfect place for our intentional community. Why? I grewup there...we were what you would call poor...but we didn't dowithout...most of the people there were hard working, coal miners,pulp wooders, and related friendly close knit people. No one wentwithout if anyone could help it...I don't know how many

times we camehome to find bushels of food on the porch, or a load of sawmill scrapto burn in the winter. People took care of themselves and others.Mentone has always had a meaning for me too...Mentone means,...at onewith God... or, where man becomes God. It is a mountain area onLookout Mountain in the northeast corner of Alabama. it has about adozen summer camps, a river that actually created by deep springs outof the mountain...lots of wells, springs, caves.It consist of farms to heavily wooded places. Most homes are from theearly 1900's and cabins converted to living year round, although I'veheard that a fight had been started in recent years to stop new moneyfrom coming in with development of new homes and ruining the beautythat abounds.It is surrounded by parks...DeSoto State Park and Falls, the LittleRiver Canyon Preserve, and many others. it's a wonderful place andlots of

wonderful opportunities. There's an old hotel there recentlysemi restored where a lot of physics and related gather...many collagestudents have been going there of late.If I had a million dollars Id seek to buy there to create a community,maybe buy an old summer camp, or old farm in need of gentle care. Itwould serve greatly for cottage industry job creation by thecommunity. A free or low cost weekly classifieds brings peopletogether, we see what's being offered first, and business fundsadvertising. ..geared more towards small business and those making aliving with their own products, ideas, services. it would be a smallincome for our community as well.Many people here/there.. .make and sale wood crafts, quilts, and otherhand made things...just right for our community. If I'm not mistaken,part of the national flea market/yard sale comes through there once ayear.So many members would

be able to bring the thing they do, or create anew business to support themselves by having a healing practice, ormaking jams and jellies. The ideas are endless.The area is great for campgrounds and rustic/unique bed-n-Breakfastkind of thing...and the community would become even more selfsupportive/sustaina ble.Here is a link to the city of Mentone site...if interested there aremore links from there and you can Google the area for content and maps.http://www.town- of-mentone- alabama.com/If such a community was able to ever grow into a retreat and learningcenter of sorts...this would be a number one place to do it. It's thatkind of place. There is a true energy about it.Join us at:http://groups. /

group/homeinedenfor more discussions in this area.Right now I'm confined to searching in the central Alabama areabecause of 's present job...but with the rightbacking/underwritin g...I'd be busy in Mentone making deals and makingthings happen.Of course, I'm a million short so i will have to stick to my ideas, mydreaming into being and trying to get the word out. Somewhere, someoneis flush with cash and no idea how to make a difference.If I had a million dollars, I'd be broke tomorrow...but I'd be so muchricher....and many more than just me.D~