RemedySpot.com

Re: My visit with Shands today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kathy, I am so happy for you. I do hope everything happens quickly for you. I went up to see Dr. Antony last Wed. I just love her. The whole team there are great. This is so exciting.Let me know if you head to North Florida and and I will come meet you somewhere. God Bless you with peace during this anxious time.Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Congratulations! I'm so happy that all the testing is over and the results are positive. I'll keep praying that all continues to go smoothly!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My visit with Shands today

Hi everyone,Kathy had her appointment today. We were there from 8am until after 2pm.It appears that all testing has now been completed and that Kathy has passed all of it, and should be listed shortly. The process to be listed on UNOS......(United Network for Organ Sharing ) The process involves the Transplant Team to formally approve it and our insurance company has to give their approval. We were told by our doctor that the meeting of the Clinical Transplant Team will occur within the next two weeks. He assured us that both he and Dr. Baz (head of the Transplant Team) support the transplant and expect Kathy to be formally approved at this meeting.It will then take another short time for the insurance approval and then Kathy will be on the list waiting for the appropriate set of lungs.It feels like we have reached a new phase in this journey. Up until today, the goal has been to pass all

of the tests in ordered to be listed. Now that this seems to have been accomplished, the promises and dangers of an actual transplant have become even more real to us.Kathy..FlPF.4/07

Guest guest

Kathy...Such good news! I would feel scared out of my wits but I'm older than you and this seems to be what God wants for you.

Good luck with the upcoming months.

Hip Hip Hoorah for Kathy!Lung Lung goodie for Kathy!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

My visit with Shands today

Hi everyone,Kathy had her appointment today. We were there from 8am until after 2pm.It appears that all testing has now been completed and that Kathy has passed all of it, and should be listed shortly. The process to be listed on UNOS......(United Network for Organ Sharing ) The process involves the Transplant Team to formally approve it and our insurance company has to give their approval. We were told by our doctor that the meeting of the Clinical Transplant Team will occur within the next two weeks. He assured us that both he and Dr. Baz (head of the Transplant Team) support the transplant and expect Kathy to be formally approved at this meeting.It will then take another short time for the insurance approval and then Kathy will be on the list waiting for the appropriate set of lungs.It feels like we have reached a new phase in this journey. Up until today, the goal has been to pass all of the tests in ordered to be listed. Now that this seems to have been accomplished, the promises and dangers of an actual transplant have become even more real to us.Kathy..FlPF.4/07