RemedySpot.com

Re: Food in nose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sometimes when I swallow, a small amount goes up instead of down. I do usually notice when this happens, but possibly I wouldn't notice Jello. Maybe it was something like that?

Love Ze xx>> Okay I know this sounds gross....has anyone had trouble with food getting in your nose? I blew my nose and a big chunk of jello came out (that I just ate) could breath much better after that. What causes it.> Amy>

Guest guest

Amy,

Back about a year and a half ago, I was having alot of coughing immediately after I ate. What you describe would occasionally happen to me also. The coughing after eating drove me insane. My doctor sent me to a gastroenterologist who ordered a video esophagram. During this test I had to eat small amounts of die infused food so that they could then watch the swallowing action via x-ray. There was a radiologist and speech pathologist present to help diagnose any issues with my swallow. Turned out for me to be plain old reflux but you might want to mention this to your doctor so they can rule out any type of aspiration.

Aspiration is really dangerous for us since food in our breathing passages can lead to serious lung infection. One of our members here who only posts occasionally had a serious aspiration pneumonia caused by, if I remember correctly, lentil soup of all things. You might want to err on the side of caution and mention it to your doctor just to be safe!

Look after yourself!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Food in nose

Okay I know this sounds gross....has anyone had trouble with food getting in your nose? I blew my nose and a big chunk of jello came out (that I just ate) could breath much better after that. What causes it.

Amy

Guest guest

There's always room for jello.....lol

I haven't encountered what you describe but with the swallowing problems

so many of us have it doesn't surprise me.

> >

> > Okay I know this sounds gross....has anyone had trouble with food

> getting in your nose? I blew my nose and a big chunk of jello came out

> (that I just ate) could breath much better after that. What causes it.

> > Amy

> >

>