RemedySpot.com

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...

Sami, I have those sensations frequently. I call them little earthquakes in my body. Don't know what

it's about, unless it has to do with nerve endings and Lupus involvement. Sorry I can't be more help.

Loving hugs, MM

• 6 months later...

Kim,

It is nice to see you posting, I hope that you are getting the help you need from your doctors. Hopefully the Methadone will help calm your pain down a bit. As for the limbs jerking, is it like one or two big jerks, or is it like a constant thing? I know mine will jerk from time to time, like if I'm holding something it will go flying out of my hands, but it is not a constant tremor. I'm not sure if this is what you mean or not. I don't remember talking with you before but I hope to get to know you better. I know it is hard to even get out of bed, but I find if I don't post for a while due to pain or work, that I feel very isolated and alone. I work from home most of the time and live by myself, so I can go days without actually talking to anyone. The group helps me feel like I"m not alone. Where are you located and are you getting any treatment? I hope you are having a good weekend with less pain.

<hugs> Lori

Hi Kim,

I think that we've (almost) all experienced problems with spasms in our RSD

limbs...

I used to take something for that, but I honestly cannot remember what it was

called...

Anyone??

Hugs,

Jo

Kim,

It sounds like you may have hit part of the next stage of RSD. Muscle Spasms hurt in their own way, also causing other problems, including the jumping all over on it's own.

If you sleep with someone, it gets really interesting, because once the limb really gets to going, you end up punching them, kicking them, etc........ and can get away with it, because you can blame it on the RSD! lol Works really well when you are not in the best of moods with each other!

The Neurontin should help with it some, but if it doesn't help it completely.....as in calming it down.......talk to your doctor about adding a muscle relaxer, like Flexeril or Skelaxin.

I'm taking both Skelaxin and Topamax, and mine have almost disappeared again (the spasms).

Good luck and I hope that they go away for you again!

Tonia

-------Original Message-------

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I have posted anything, I have been having so much trouble with my arm and hand I just stay in bed.I have even thought about and actually gotten one of my big bottles of nurontin. The doc. put me back on methadone and that seems to help just a tiny bit. But my question today is does anyone that has the rsd in a limb have problems now and then with that limb all of a sudden just start jerking for no reason? I have been having that problem the past few days and it is driving me crazy. Well, that is it for now.I hope that Y'all have as much of a pain free day as possible.Kim

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

For the spasms and dystonia part of RSD I take both Flexeril and Valium three times daily. Ask me how I still keep my eyes open. Barbarajomal1@... wrote:

Hi Kim,I think that we've (almost) all experienced problems with spasms in our RSD limbs... I used to take something for that, but I honestly cannot remember what it was called...Anyone?? Hugs,Jo

Yes.Kim wrote:

But my question today is does anyone that has the rsd in a limb have problems now and then with that limb all of a sudden just start jerking for no reason?

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 8/1/2005 11:01:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

bstevens8@... writes:

Her numbers seemed hihg to me but I wanted to know what ohters

thought. As I am worried about her.

Hi Bren,

She needs to make an appointment with her doctor for blood work. There

could be another reason for the high number. Don't let this worry you. It may

cause your numbers to go higher.

hugs

Eunice

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I got a copy of my last visit with sSands today and it says that I am a

New York class type 3.......has anyone heard of or knows what this

means? I tried to look it up on the computer, but no success and I have

not a clue what it means. Thanks a bunch.

Take care,

KAthy...fl

pf.....4/07