RemedySpot.com

Re: Mails from Me/Spammers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Spammers are getting more sofisticated. Some have a computor program that will work out e-mail addresses based on names found on web sites or on the internet. As Bruce says they are able to hack into your contact list and send your contacts spam too. Some have a way of knowing simply that an e-mail has been opened therefore acknowledging that it is a live e-mail account. (These are the ones entitled & ^%$*_*#)££@ or things like that, so you wonder what they're all about and look at them) If you do open an e-mail that contains spam DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING WITHIN THE E-MAIL. NEVER respond to any bank, ebay, paypal or similar e-mail that is asking you for your account details. They will NEVER ask for this info over the 'net. If you think they might be a genuine e-mail, then go into the company's web site separately, never by clicking on anything in the suspect e-mail, and check it out there. If in doubt simply asked the company if it has come from them.

Unfortunately once one spammer has your email address, then you'll be inundated with them. Mostly they're harmless but annoying. Some that I have received have obscenities in the title, but as much as I would like to complain about it, that would only make the problem worse as I would have to confirm that my addy is live.

I'm probably teaching granny how to suck eggs, but it's always better to be safe.

Love Ze > >> > Dear All,> >> > It has been brought to my notice that a few mails have> > been circulated using my name over the past couple of> > days containing Spam or offensive material.> >> > I would like to disclaim them and request members to> > ignore any such messages in future too.> >> > these unfortunate developments are regrettable.> >>