RemedySpot.com

Medicare & glasses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Group, Just a little info. I had my first cataract removed in Oct. then the left in June. Well I went for my last exam and will need glasses not strong but glasses anyhow. My Bifocals will be 250 for reading. The interesting part is MediCare will pay 75. for them and the lady in the shop said we needed to pay up front and we would get a ck. for 200.00 back from the Gov. Well she only wanted 345.00. I just laughed and said no thank you and started to leave. She said she wasn't supposed to tell anyone this but there is a shop on Silver Springs Blvd. that will accept Medicare. When we go there the Lady was just so helpful, nice AND told us Medicare will pay for the frames and the lenseAND said I should get two pair because I had surgery in Oct too.  I get two pair. One Sun glasses and a nice light pair. All I pay for is 75. for anti glare. I am so excited.I just can not believe how we were almost ripped off. So all this story to let y'all know to investigate before you buy. So I now will be able to throw away all these 10.00 glasses. Have a great week all. My son has been here for a few days. so I'm back. Missed everyone. I'll catch up.. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."