RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Salivary gland biopsy-Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

...I'm glad you are in a teaching hospital. You'll get good care there. Hey goodie goodie that your PFTs are within normal range. Now let's go for stable.

Be sure and write your questions down on paper so you don't forget any...the next time you see the Dr you will really be prepared.

It was hot here today for us...upper 90s and a huge record was set over on the coast. Brookings, OR which is right on the CA line hit 108!!! Unbelievable.

You won't believe this, but I've never had a birthday party. This year I'm having one and yes I will take pictures.

It is overwhelming some days on the board. So much information.

'Till later.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Salivary gland biopsy> > > Hi all,> > Well, I had the biopsy of my salivary glands on Tuesday. They gave > me Versed for the procedure so I was pretty out of it for the rest of > the day. My dad drove me back. As soon as the numbness wore off, > OMG!! It was horrible!! If anyone told me again that I would need > this done to diagnose Sjogren's, I would not do it!! I have been > living off of Fat Free Jell-O Pudding, Fat-Free Jell-0 and soup all > week. AANDDNDD I only lost 1 freaking pound!! Can you believe it? > Only 1 pound!! So I still have 19 pounds to go before I go back to > the pulmo in 3 months. I guess 1 is better than none, but I have > been starving all week!! Even though I have been on so many pain > pills I really haven't been hungry anyway. My lip was so swollen > when I got up Wednesday, I looked like somebody had beat the crap out > of me. By Wednesday night, I had started bruising on the outside of > my lip. By Thursday, still had fat lip with more bruising on the > outside, plus the nurse had to try 3 times to get the IV in, and the > second try she did, the vein totally blew and a huge knot popped up > and now I have a dark black and blue bruise on my arm bigger than a > silver dollar. I have been surviving on Lortab and Lorcet for the > whole week since Tuesday. I haven't done any exercise at all this > week. I had fever Wednesday and Thursday. Today was the first day I > have actually tried to chew anything and I can only chew if I eat on > the left side and if I take really small bites. I know it could be a > lot worse, especially after reading the posts from Vicky and Joyce, > and I am not complaining, just simply saying if I had it to do over > again, I would have told them just let the blood test be enough for a > diagnosis for me. I am very hesitant now to even go to the eye > doctor and get the tear duct study done. I don't have a clue how > painful that will or will not be. > > Well that is how my week has been. I hope you all had a great Fourth > of July. I didn't get to do any cooking out or anything cuz I > couldn't eat, but I sure wanted to.> > At least today I can drink without using a straw and that is a real > plus!! > > Hope you all have a great night!!> > Caro>