RemedySpot.com

RE: Re:the stages of grief

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have not slept at all, just thinking and regreting an outburst I had with my son today.

I realized just minutes ago, I am probably going thru some stage of grief in relation

to my last episode with this disease. It (the episode with "air")was different, it was new to me, I didnt see it

coming, and it scared me. The outburst was not my norm, didnt make sense and I

realized there had to be a REAL reason for it. Gosh, I said things that didnt make sense,

the emotions came from no where. I hope my son will forgive. God how many fauchets are

there to this condition?

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: brucemoreland@...Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 05:43:04 +0000Subject: Re: Don and Kennelly

I think she's dealing pretty well with the reality and trying to takecare of herself. I think this disease hits us all very different andsometimes feel like the more active, more outdoors type you were beforethe more difficult it and other diseases were. I didn't have to give upfarming or hunting or basketball or track or mowing my lawn. I eithernever did some of those things or long ago had to give up the others soit didn't change my life as much as Don's. Logically, also, I had agreat interest in things that I can still do, such as the internet.>> >> > Just an update on Don. This is an email from K. which I gother> > permission to post here.> >> > Don was sent home from the U of Chicago with the news that there was> > nothing more that they could do for him and "Oh yes, he would beremiss> > if he didn't suggest a living will and power of attorney. Our boys> > were with us and we just felt like we had been slugged. Needless tosay> > it was not a fun ride home. We suggested transplant and they said he> > was too old and there were several things against him.> >> > I mentioned that we knew several who still would do transplant onolder> > patients and the doc said by all means check it out.> >> > Don said "NO, no more"! So we came home and he has been out very> > little since then. He has basically given up, which is no surpriseto> > anyone. He spends most of his time either in the chair or in bed> > sleeping. He lately has been walking and talking in his sleep andhas> > fallen a couple of times, one ended in a trip to the ER forstitches.> > After our trip to Chicago he mentioned that it is time to contact> > hospice and so we can get everyone ready for the transition. That is> > what we did. Hospice is not here so much for him as much as for me.He> > is well taken care of, but I am going to need someone to call on inthe> > middle of the night if things go awry. The RN on the case is afriend> > of mine and just lives aroundd the corner. That is about all thereis> > going on here. I try to cope on a day by day basis.> >> >> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> >Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1546 - Release Date:7/11/2008 6:47 AM> >> >> Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Guest guest

, I think we all have outbursts at times without knowing the cause. Something in our subconscious may the trigger. Dealing with this disease over a long time makes one need to erupt. Call it medicine and give the target an apology along with a hug and a kiss. It does a lot to smooth over the anger and disappointment. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Re: Don and Kennelly

I think she's dealing pretty well with the reality and trying to takecare of herself. I think this disease hits us all very different andsometimes feel like the more active, more outdoors type you were beforethe more difficult it and other diseases were. I didn't have to give upfarming or hunting or basketball or track or mowing my lawn. I eithernever did some of those things or long ago had to give up the others soit didn't change my life as much as Don's. Logically, also, I had agreat interest in things that I can still do, such as the internet.>> >> > Just an update on Don. This is an email from K. which I gother> > permission to post here.> >> > Don was sent home from the U of Chicago with the news that there was> > nothing more that they could do for him and "Oh yes, he would beremiss> > if he didn't suggest a living will and power of attorney. Our boys> >

were with us and we just felt like we had been slugged. Needless tosay> > it was not a fun ride home. We suggested transplant and they said he> > was too old and there were several things against him.> >> > I mentioned that we knew several who still would do transplant onolder> > patients and the doc said by all means check it out.> >> > Don said "NO, no more"! So we came home and he has been out very> > little since then. He has basically given up, which is no surpriseto> > anyone. He spends most of his time either in the chair or in bed> > sleeping. He lately has been walking and talking in his sleep andhas> > fallen a couple of times, one ended in a trip to the ER forstitches.> > After our trip to Chicago he mentioned that it is time to contact> > hospice and so we can get everyone ready for the

transition. That is> > what we did. Hospice is not here so much for him as much as for me.He> > is well taken care of, but I am going to need someone to call on inthe> > middle of the night if things go awry. The RN on the case is afriend> > of mine and just lives aroundd the corner. That is about all thereis> > going on here. I try to cope on a day by day basis.> >> >> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com> >Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1546 - Release Date:7/11/2008 6:47 AM> >> >>

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.