RemedySpot.com

Re:Good News 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Jack,

Huh-------After I typed the greeting (Hi-Jack), my brain started going in a different direction. And I don't even have a plane worth Hi-jacking----come to think of it---you and D.B. would be about the same age now------I guess I have been watching to much Fox News lately.

Back to the main subject------Congratulations on being admitted to "THE STABLES"

it feels great dosen't it? We just need some more members and hopefully that will happen.

Next time we see the DR. we just need to make sure he doesn't revoke our membership.

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ.

Guest guest

and Jack,

Don't you guys feel guilty because you are doing well. We have enough sadness here right now to go around. We need reasons to rejoice. And, we do rejoice with you.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> I'm happy to join you , but at the same time I feel a twinge of guilt that I should be so privileged when so many are not. I read the posts with the long lists of medical contitions and problems and the pain of just getting through the day with tears dampening my cheeks and an overwhelming sense of helplessness. If only I could reach out and heal them, or at least comfort them. Or perhaps bring a smile to their face. > Maybe I can. I did have a "medical" condition that nearly wrecked my life. It occurred when I was in my early thirties with an ego as big as the World Trade Center where I worked. I also worked in theater, surrounded by people with outsized vanities and obsessed by their looks.> I was injured in a biking accident. Stupidly, I was biking barefoot on a concrete sidewalk.> A rise in the concrete caused first one foot then the other to strike the cement with great force, ripping off the nails of both big toes and skewing the nail base. The nails returned, of course, but grew out to the side and became thick, perhaps more than 1/4 inch. They were ugly.> Finally, I showed them to my doctor who referred me a surgeon for possibly corrective surgery.> How's that for vanity. The surgeon was a tiny guy of Japanese descent. "What's the problem?" he asked. I said that my shoes pressed on them and it hurt. "Get bigger shoes? What else?"> > I sheepishly admitted that I was very embarrassed when I undressed before another person.> "If they're looking at your feet," he said, "you've got a bigger problem then you think."> Well, those damn toe nailes are still crooked and still thick but not so ugly. And you know what? I found out tht people really don't look at your feet.> > Jack> 79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine> > > > Re:Good News 2> > > Hi Jack,> Huh-------After I typed the greeting (Hi-Jack), my brain started going in a different direction. And I don't even have a plane worth Hi-jacking-- --come to think of it---you and D.B. would be about the same age now------I guess I have been watching to much Fox News lately.> Back to the main subject----- -Congratulations on being admitted to "THE STABLES"> it feels great dosen't it? We just need some more members and hopefully that will happen.> Next time we see the DR. we just need to make sure he doesn't revoke our membership.> G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ.>