RemedySpot.com

Have a Good weekend All!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All....

Today we had our first heat wave of the summer. It was 33 degrees celcius (90 F) and it felt like

40 degrees celcius (100+ F).

I stayed inside with the A/C on all day with the blinds closed, rested had a few bites there and there

with food. My home care nurse, ouch ouch, when she was removing the transparent dressing, flushing

the lines that was the best part no ouch ouch.

I did take a nap, this afternoon....this morning the phone kept on waking me up....first the home care nurse

calls at 9:30am, I called her back...I go back to sleep...iIget a call, I though it was my mom, so in my humourous

way I say Hello, I hear I voice back mimicking my Hello...so back and forth, we're exchanging Hello's until, she

says, who she wants to speak...

I told her you have the wrong number. I hang up the phone and it rings again, I thought it was her again...I say Hello

and it was my sister and she paused for about 2 seconds, and says to me are you alright I say yeah!...Then I just

said let me call my mom since I'm right awake.

I'm very tired, with headaches almost every day and fever practically every day. It's not cause by the A/C because it'sthe second time I have opened it and the headaches started before that. I'm not sure if it has to do with my Hemoglobin

being low.

Joyce, I told my nurse about changing the dressing and flushing the IV lines on my PICC line on my own...she said NO

because it's going to be difficult for one person to do it...everything has to be steriled, including the area were I'm going

to use, with everything I'm going to need and also having to use sterile gloves. I do help her, but I need to be careful not to

touch the sterile area....

I told her about the Aqua Guard and she said "that's the transparent dressing I have on, to protect the PICC Line from

getting infected or coming out ouch! She told to me use plastic garbage bags (green or black), not the ones I've been using

(plastic bags)...not the ones I bring back after being grocery shopping etc...

So I'll use the ones she told me...next time I shower.

Hugs Irene

PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

Crohn's Disease 03/95

Canada

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!