RemedySpot.com

False Call

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Afternoon all

I have been on the University of Colorado (Denver) transplant list since July. The surgeon called me this AM around 9 and said they had a possible lung for me and I should be getting ready and wait for the call. The transplant coordinator called about 45 minutes later and said it looked good but not to leave yet. She went as far as having the plane and pilots that were to transport me to Denver start to position. My daughter drove in from Manhattan KS (we leave in Topeka) and she was going to go with us. We had everything ready to load in the car when the call came that team was not happy with the lungs and called it all off. What an emotional ride. I had a little issue last week so I had start back on prednisone this AM which probably had me wired a little tighter. My knees have quit shaking now and life is returning to normal.

The part is that good is that we plan to move to Denver this coming Thursday and this drill got a lot the packing done for us. The coordinator would not tell me where the lungs were coming from. Since 's doctor's in St Louis (see update from St Louie) were not available might explain me getting the call ahead of (we are both the same blood type but he is ahead of me on regional list). , at least you had the day free to explore St Louis in fine weather. It is raining here so I did not mind the disturbance.

This is quite a journey we are all on and everyday is filled with new experiences. Thank you Lord.

Chuck Karlan

IPF5/07 KS waiting on the Denver list

ckarlan@...It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the grade on AOL Shopping.