RemedySpot.com

Looking forward

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm in the looking forward group. I know that "conventional wisdom" would look at me and see a middle aged woman with a terminal lung disease and pronounce my best days are in the past.

Well I've never been big on conventional anything, wisdom or otherwise. Yes I'd prefer not to have this lung disease but if not for my diagnosis I'd likely still be working in a dumb office in NY at a job I LOATHED. I'd been dragging my feet for years, I knew I didn't want to be there and needed to make a change but I hesitated because it was a dependable way to make a living and offered a certain amount of flexibility with my hours.

God quite literally picked me up by the scruff of my neck and said "Enough!" I actually now have the time to enjoy my family and my friends. It's made me appreciate everything so much more than I ever would have any other way. Life is precious and I have a very very clear picture of that now.

However much time I have left I look forward to every moment of it. I don't look back with regret,(or at least not much) it's done, it's over and it helped make me who I am.

Sometimes a serious or fatal diagnosis acts as a wake up call, I hope it's so in my case!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: You know something?To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, August 8, 2008, 1:06 AM

I'm with Bruce. I have things I look forward to. I'm going on holiday tomorrow! And I make other things worth looking forward to. I know what I've really got to look forward to, but every thing alive has the same, doesn't mean it has to be the only thing in my future.

But it is nice to look back.

Love Ze xx>> I gave you all the websites for fun and remembrance of some of the fun > times we had as kids growing up and to refresh our memories of some of > the sometimes sad, but beautiful times of being a child and a teenager > in those eras. > > It seems we don't have a WHOLE lot to look forward to, and this is such > as cool way to remember the way it was.> > Love, > Lou>