RemedySpot.com

Pulmonologist came to my home today...................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just wanted you all to know that I was totally shocked today when my pulmo called and wanted to come to see me here at home. He is concerned as I had cancelled past visits with him because of the heat here, I can not go out when it is 110. DEG. sorry.... when I told him I put myself on #7 liters, that concerned him, as last Oct, I was set on #2.

It pleased me to know there are some pulmos that do care and I (don't like the word luck) was blessed to find this guy. He is a retired PF surgeon from CT, and lives here in Richmond now doing clinical research for PF at MCV (Medical Clinic of Virginia). When I go to see him, I go to MCV, but the Ambulatory Care Center there. Very nice inside. Doesn't see many patients, but when I initially called to make an appt. last Oct, I saw him. Liked him right away.

He examined my lungs for a while and said he heard a lot of crackling. We "walked the walk" for a few minutes. He put my concentrator on #5 and told me to keep it there. Said to me sternly: SLOW DOWN MARY. So it goes !!!!!!!! My oximeter read 82-98. SLOWLY WALKING, (almost a crawl) hahahahahha

He put me on lasix and potassium too, Earl already got the prescriptions at the groc. store. Yes. Got to get this weight off.

He was very nice and calm (that's why we like him) he is calm. Very experienced and patient and smart. How did I rate a nice dr. like that? Don't know, but I do trust his judgement.

I haven't posted for a few days. We have had problems with my concentrator and had to have the oxy. co come out yesterday evening to give me the proper water bottles to put on. I posted all the OXYGEN signs on my front door and windows here. Looks like "Halloween". ha

I do hope and pray that all of you are getting good professional guidance from your pulmo. It is so important for your morale too.

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!!

MARY LOU IPF - ' 02