RemedySpot.com

Hi I am new here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group. My son just graduated from his DOCband on 13-FEB-2004. By the time we actually got him in the band he was almost 10 months old. He wore it until he was about 14 months, so he was in it just over 4 months or so.

He had 8mm cranial vault asymmetry and +2 std. dev. brachy index. He graduated with 3mm asymmetry and less than 1 brachy index. Since he was within normal range, and the ortho did not recommend a 2nd band, we decided to graduate. Although I can still see/feel a bit of flatness, it's nothing that I think anyone else will notice.

I thought the time went by really quickly, but I also think I was trying to prepare myself in case he had to be in it longer. My husband didn't think it went by that quickly. One thing that I found helpped was to decorate his band. We used stickers so that we could change it periodically and decorate it for all the holidays. He was out of his band before I could use all the stickers I bought!

Don't feel guilty...you didn't know, and the doctors all stress that you have to have your baby sleep on their backs! They almost scare you with how important it is to have them sleep on their backs...but they hardly mention tummy time and why that's important, and they almost never talk about plagio!!!

Hang in there....the first few days are the hardest and it gets easier as time goes by. Pretty soon you'll almost forget that he's wearing it!

and (DOCgrad 13-Feb-02/10-14mos./PA)

lesliemetzing <lesliemetzing@...> wrote:

My son is 9 months and he just got his Doc Band yesterday. We have to go back today as he has a red spot that doesn't fade beside his ear where the closure is.He seems to be doing OK with it - he cries for a second when we first put it on.I am just looking for some success stories, as I think I am having a hard time with this. It is quite the adjustment. I am feeling guilty for not positioning him properly when he was a newborn. He was born 3.5wks early and he grew so fast, that I am not sure we could have controlled the flatness on the back of his head b/c he slept on his back and didn't like his sides. Nonetheless I feel like it is my fault and I just feel so bad for him. Though I know it doesn't seem to bother him too much.Does the time go by fast? I am hoping we will

see a difference in a few weeks, so that way we will feel better about it.Anyone have a child who started treatment at 9 months and have success after 3 months? His head flatness isn't that severe, but we wanted to make him perfect :)Thanks for the support!For more plagio info

• 4 years later...