RemedySpot.com

Re: Is suffering more important than joy?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I agree 100% with you Cheryl! It is so much better for us to focus on the things that are really important to us in life, and when we are faced with hardships, we must try to figure out why. What is the message there? What do we need to learn from this? We may not see the answer as things are happening to us in the moment, but farther down the road the lessons that we have learned will be needed.

Brightest Blessings,

Trisha

----- Original Message ----From: "senegalady@..." <senegalady@...> Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:16:24 AMSubject: [] Is suffering more important than joy?

As I read peoples responses to what is shown to us on the news everyday and all of the fear that people are feeling right now, I have asked myself "Is suffering more important than Joy". We say that we live in a terrible world full of hate, selfishness, and fear and I guess that is true, but we also live in a world full of love, compassion and joy. So many of us are awakening to the ideas of caring for the earth, loving our neighbors, using fewer of the earths resources, taking better care of our animals, having more spirituality in our lives. People are being cured of cancer everyday, and cured of many diseases. People are growing their own gardens. People are brainstorming on new ideas for a better world, better technology. Scientists are coming up with new ways for us all to live better. Beautiful new babies are being born. I speak from a perspective of one who has suffered many times in her life,

from illness, from loss, from abuse, from having to start over. But I think that the suffering is not more important than the joys I have experienced from love, from being there when my niece was born and watching her grow up and in college, from growing our garden and seeing it bloom in its splendor, from friendship and sisterhood, from great music, great movies, and developing a closer relationship with my Creator. If I choose to be overwhelmed then let me be overwhelmed with the joy, not with the suffering. I think it is my choice. Both fear and joy are contagious so today I will choose joy.

Love and Light, CherylIn Lak'ech Ala K'in, Cheryl(translation: In Lak'ech Ala K'in -You Are My Other Self)In Lak'ech Ala K'in - the Living Code of the Heart | Spirit Libraryvisit me at: www.myspace. com/senegaladyMay we learn to benefit the life of Earth with peace, humble in our needs,

and generous in our giving.Joanne Sunshower

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Cheryl and Trisha, you both said it well! Although suffering is very important, joy and peace are the ultimate. Joy is the one to be consumed in as Cheryl said rather than the negative. If a person can learn to find his emotional resilience, then he will be able to use the natural tools that we are given, such as suffering, to bring us to a higher enlightenment. If you're addicted to suffering then you have more work to do to find your resilience, but the key is in how you choose to look at things. Love is the ultimate. Thanks for this post Cheryl! Love,Stef>> I agree 100% with you Cheryl! It is so much better for us to focus on the things that are really important to us in life, and when we are faced with hardships, we must try to figure out why. What is the message there? What do we need to learn from this? We may not see the answer as things are happening to us in the moment, but farther down the road the lessons that we have learned will be needed.> Brightest Blessings,> Trisha> > > > ----- Original Message ----> From: "senegalady@..." senegalady@...> > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:16:24 AM> Subject: [] Is suffering more important than joy?> > > > > > > > ________________________________> Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.> > > > As I read peoples responses to what is shown to us on the news everyday and all of the fear that people are feeling right now, I have asked myself "Is suffering more important than Joy". We say that we live in a terrible world full of hate, selfishness, and fear and I guess that is true, but we also live in a world full of love, compassion and joy. So many of us are awakening to the ideas of caring for the earth, loving our neighbors, using fewer of the earths resources, taking better care of our animals, having more spirituality in our lives. People are being cured of cancer everyday, and cured of many diseases. People are growing their own gardens. People are brainstorming on new ideas for a better world, better technology. Scientists are coming up with new ways for us all to live better. Beautiful new babies are being born. I speak from a perspective of one who has suffered many times in her life, from illness, from loss, from abuse,> from having to start over. But I think that the suffering is not more important than the joys I have experienced from love, from being there when my niece was born and watching her grow up and in college, from growing our garden and seeing it bloom in its splendor, from friendship and sisterhood, from great music, great movies, and developing a closer relationship with my Creator. If I choose to be overwhelmed then let me be overwhelmed with the joy, not with the suffering. I think it is my choice. Both fear and joy are contagious so today I will choose joy.> Love and Light, Cheryl> > > In Lak'ech Ala K'in, Cheryl> (translation: In Lak'ech Ala K'in -You Are My Other Self)> In Lak'ech Ala K'in - the Living Code of the Heart | Spirit Library> > visit me at: www.myspace. com/senegalady> > > May we learn to benefit the life of Earth with peace, humble in our needs,> > and generous in our giving.> > Joanne Sunshower>