RemedySpot.com

Awaiting Your Eyes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Awaiting Your Eyes

Here I am in a child like anxiety,trying to thread my pencilwith golden silk words.A sincere offeringto your smile and your dimples.Aspiring them evermore,for you to read and breathe.

Though I see it is impossiblein a most beautiful way.

I asked the stars to let one fallso I could send you the wish.But insistently, they clung to the sky,proclaiming that your eyeswere the fulfillment of theirs.

The sun and moon tug of war.Which will get an extra few secondsto look into your light and pose?

The gentle spring showersexerting unending effortto wake up sleeping wildflowers.The carpet beneath your feet.

Even the storms.The clouds cry heavy tearsso you no longer have to.They wish upon themselvesyour pain and heartacheswith gracious humility.

The universe looks upon youas a most precious brushstroke in the painting of existence,yet you walk looking down.

You should discardthe seemingly endlesshari kari yesterdaysand lay in the tickling green grassof the now.It is yours.All you have to dois perceive and accept.Inhale your today.

All I have to offerare simple remindersof who you forgot you wereand who I see you are.

So with a suitcasefilled with not yet written poetry,reserved for your calender embelished yearsand three dollars in change,I stand naked, void of a heart-Now another particle in your sky.Perched side by sideamong the multitudesof musicbox dancing stars,awaiting your eyes.

A Poem

by Randy