RemedySpot.com

Re: Gwynne update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

DAMN!

Sorry, got carried away again, but its so incredible. I had confidence

in her because she's been so strong and wanted it so much. But, this?

Never would have dreamed so good. UTSA also rises in my eyes every day.

If I am determined to be a candidate and do decide to get listed, then

I'm going for something like Gwynne did because I'm sure my odds at my

age would be horrible in Dallas and much better in San . You also

keep thinking of other things that helped and I think of them sending a

rehab therapist to her over the last weeks. Now, what she could do was

so limited but she did what was possible. Their point was to have her in

the best shape possible for the transplant. I sure wonder if a couple of

those " laps " she did inside the house helped make it so successful too.

Thanks for updating us, Leanne.

>

> Hi eveerybody,

>

> was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know

about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at UTSA. They

are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is off the vent

and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and she is just

ecstatic. Wow.

>

> Leanne

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

>

Guest guest

This is just the best news EVER!!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Gwynne update

Hi eveerybody,

was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at UTSA. They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is off the vent and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and she is just ecstatic. Wow.

Leanne

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

leanne

that is wonderful and truly amazing.

do you know if it was a single or double?

may

>

> Hi eveerybody,

>

> was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us)

know about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at

UTSA. They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She

is off the vent and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her

and she is just ecstatic. Wow.

>

> Leanne

>

>

>

Guest guest

Leanne, I am not really surprised but thrilled. Gwynne is a remarkable person and so strong. God has looked on her with favor. I am so excited for her.I got a card today and am going to print out the signatures for her.I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED that more people didn't send her a line and signature...  Oh well,I am going to print it and try to mail it Monday. Do you have an address for her?  Love and Prayers, Peggy"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi eveerybody,  was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know about Gwynne.  She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at UTSA.  They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!!  She is off the vent and doing very well.  Kellly actually spoke to her and she is just ecstatic.  Wow.  LeanneYou rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

did you include me peggy. i did try to be included but

am not sure i managed it.

may

>

>

> Hi eveerybody,

>

> was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know

> about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at

UTSA.

> They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is

off

> the vent and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and

she

> is just ecstatic. Wow.

>

> Leanne

>

> Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

>

Guest guest

Leanne, Bruce,

I have been checking all day for news of Gwynne. This is the best news ever. I wonder if she has grasped it all yet. It still seems surreal to me. I wish we could all go give her a mighty hug! Bruce, you are so blessed to have met her and have this connection. I know that you must be thrilled.

Thank you God for our Gwynne!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > Hi eveerybody,> >> > was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know> about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at UTSA. They> are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is off the vent> and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and she is just> ecstatic. Wow.> >> > Leanne> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of> Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.> >>

Guest guest

Peggy

And you can tell her whenever she's ready, I'm on my way over. Omg, I

know I'll cry when I see her. I still just have a hard time

comprehending and I can't imagine looking at her and knowing....she's

got a new lung since last time. And, seeing her not on 10 and 15 liters

of oxygen.

> >

> >

> > Hi eveerybody,

> >

> > was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know

> > about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at UTSA.

> > They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is off

> > the vent and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and she

> > is just ecstatic. Wow.

> >

> > Leanne

> >

> > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

> > Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

> >

>

Guest guest

Peggy,

Did you get mine?

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > > > Hi eveerybody,> > > > was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know > > about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at > UTSA. > > They are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is > off > > the vent and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and > she > > is just ecstatic. Wow.> > > > Leanne> > > > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of > > Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.> >>

Guest guest

Peggy,

Yup, all ready for church in the morning. Just had my Saturday night bath. It takes me forever on Sunday morning. I have to go so slow. Two of my grandaughters are going with me and I love that.

When my girls were little, I read a book by Majorie Holmes. I think the title was I Have to Talk to Somebody, God. In it she says, "Going to chruch with a daughter is like wearing a precious jewel." Well, going to church with a grandaughter is better, yet.

Have a happy Lord's Day! We have much to be thankful for this Sunday.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> > > Hi eveerybody,> > >> > > was kind enough to call me this evening and let me (us) know> > about Gwynne. She is the BEST lung transplant patient ever at > UTSA. They> > are thinking about letting her go home midweek!!!! She is off the > vent> > and doing very well. Kellly actually spoke to her and she is just> > ecstatic. Wow.> > >> > > Leanne> > >> > >> > > ---------------------------------> > > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of> > Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.> > >> >>

Guest guest

Oh I am so HAPPY for GWYNNE that is just amazing I cant beleive it

finally came and she already has a new lung! Just how amazing. She

and all of you are always in my prayers!

Sandie

>

> Ok, the news everyone has been waiting patiently (NOT) for.....

>

> Gwynne is doing GREAT. Initial signs are all good. Her surgery

only took 2 hours - normally it can take between 4-6 hours. She's

still on the vent but alert and was able to spend time with her

family last night. Her daughter said, and I quote, " she had a look

of happiness and joy on her face " . How amazing. Keep those prayers

and positive energy coming........

>

> Leanne

>

>

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Gwynne,

You are amazing! What a gift to have you home and posting updates to us just two weeks post transplant! I could not be happier for you!

Tell me though, what is this 'silence' you speak of? I've heard of it but I can't remember what it sounds like. And breathing deeply? Oh the luxury of it must be marvelous!

You remain in my prayers as does your young donor and his or her family. God bless them for the gift they had the courage to give you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Gwynne update

Hi Gang!I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc saysmy new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were someof the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and achest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chesttubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it andthe Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for thepain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on theback, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had aa big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from eitherthe intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting betteras well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm makingan appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see

aboutgetting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent mehome from the hospital with.I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartmentcomplex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, likea camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weakwhen I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale andexhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simplyincredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - whata great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homeynow that the kids have finished adding little touchesto warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about howgood it has been for the three of us to do all this together,and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and are doing a great job with meals and stayingon top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustrationfrom the past 4 years

has been relieved by doing thesepositive, proactive things that have good results and showdaily improvement. And it's so good that they're spendingthe time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.Last night my daughter-in- law drove over from Austinfor dinner and that was lovely. e came down for onenight, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worthto return to the supplier. And my nose is alreadybeginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all ofyou the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.The exquisite silence that a room can now have without anose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back tonormal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers ofreverence and gratitude for the family of my donor forthe awesome gift of life.I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep

meupdated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thankyou so much to all who have offered support, love, andprayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks somuch to those of you who've made guestbook entries inmy CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o

Guest guest

Gwynne

It all continues to be amazing. When I was at the transplant center here

they were very happy to hear how well you were doing and a bit shocked

themselves, especially by how short the surgery was and how soon you got

out. At least the doctor I saw, Dr. Blewett, knew you'd had the

transplant but obviously had not been updated on progress or anything.

I could just see your smile when you wrote " took my Companion portables

back to Ft. Worth to return to the supplier. " Do you ever find yourself

reaching for the hose or wondering where the cannula is?

When you wrote " Oops, my daughter just called and is coming in town for

my Bday -- she'll be here in about 20 minutes. We're going out to

dinner, so I've gotta scoot " you didn't say anything about " and we're

going to fly to San and pick me up a new lung. "

I have no doubt you'll continue to do well. Your determination won't

allow otherwise. The same drive that kept you going before the

transplant in spite of your condition will continue to fuel your

post-transplant success.

>

> Hi Gang!

> I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc says

> my new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)

> seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were some

> of the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and a

> chest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chest

> tubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.

> I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it and

> the Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for the

> pain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on the

> back, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)

> scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had a

> a big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from either

> the intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting better

> as well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm making

> an appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,

> and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see about

> getting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent me

> home from the hospital with.

>

> I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartment

> complex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, like

> a camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weak

> when I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale and

> exhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simply

> incredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

>

> Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - what

> a great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homey

> now that the kids have finished adding little touches

> to warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about how

> good it has been for the three of us to do all this together,

> and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and

> are doing a great job with meals and staying

> on top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustration

> from the past 4 years has been relieved by doing these

> positive, proactive things that have good results and show

> daily improvement. And it's so good that they're spending

> the time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.

>

> Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austin

> for dinner and that was lovely. e came down for one

> night, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worth

> to return to the supplier. And my nose is already

> beginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,

> bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all of

> you the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.

> The exquisite silence that a room can now have without a

> nose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back to

> normal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers of

> reverence and gratitude for the family of my donor for

> the awesome gift of life.

>

> I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep me

> updated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thank

> you so much to all who have offered support, love, and

> prayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks so

> much to those of you who've made guestbook entries in

> my CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.

>

> Hugs and blessings,

> Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o

>

Guest guest

Hi Gwynnie...just like old times huh! So good to see a post from you. Every day my eyes scan to see if there is something from you.

This is such a special time for you and your kids to be sharing. Your recovery is of course number 1 but being together is something you will always remember too.

Glad Misha is with you again. How long do you anticipate being in the apt? At the rate you are recovering you'll be home in a month!

Warm hugs to you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Gwynne update

Hi Gang!I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc saysmy new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were someof the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and achest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chesttubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it andthe Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for thepain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on theback, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had aa big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from eitherthe intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting betteras well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm makingan appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see aboutgetting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent mehome from the hospital with.I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartmentcomplex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, likea camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weakwhen I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale andexhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simplyincredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - whata great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homeynow that the kids have finished adding little touchesto warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about howgood it has been for the three of us to do all this together,and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and are doing a great job with meals and stayingon top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustrationfrom the past 4 years has been relieved by doing thesepositive, proactive things that have good results and showdaily improvement. And it's so good that they're spendingthe time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austinfor dinner and that was lovely. e came down for onenight, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worthto return to the supplier. And my nose is alreadybeginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all ofyou the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.The exquisite silence that a room can now have without anose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back tonormal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers ofreverence and gratitude for the family of my donor forthe awesome gift of life.I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep meupdated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thankyou so much to all who have offered support, love, andprayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks somuch to those of you who've made guestbook entries inmy CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o

Guest guest

Gwynne,

I am at a loss for words other than to echo yours-:Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! You are such an inspiration and a hope to all of us. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. May God continue to bless you-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Gwynne update

Hi Gang!I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc saysmy new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were someof the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and achest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chesttubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it andthe Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for thepain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on theback, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had aa big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from eitherthe intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting betteras well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm makingan appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see

aboutgetting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent mehome from the hospital with.I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartmentcomplex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, likea camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weakwhen I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale andexhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simplyincredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - whata great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homeynow that the kids have finished adding little touchesto warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about howgood it has been for the three of us to do all this together,and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and are doing a great job with meals and stayingon top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustrationfrom the past 4 years

has been relieved by doing thesepositive, proactive things that have good results and showdaily improvement. And it's so good that they're spendingthe time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.Last night my daughter-in- law drove over from Austinfor dinner and that was lovely. e came down for onenight, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worthto return to the supplier. And my nose is alreadybeginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all ofyou the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.The exquisite silence that a room can now have without anose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back tonormal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers ofreverence and gratitude for the family of my donor forthe awesome gift of life.I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep

meupdated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thankyou so much to all who have offered support, love, andprayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks somuch to those of you who've made guestbook entries inmy CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Gwynne, You continue to amaze me!!!!

Keep going...your recovery gives many people here hope

and much needed information as well.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Gwynne Keyland wrote:

Hi Gang!

I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc says

my new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)

seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were some

of the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and a

chest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chest

tubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.

I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it and

the Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for the

pain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on the

back, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)

scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had a

a big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from either

the intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting better

as well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm making

an appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,

and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see about

getting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent me

home from the hospital with.

I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartment

complex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, like

a camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weak

when I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale and

exhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simply

incredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - what

a great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homey

now that the kids have finished adding little touches

to warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about how

good it has been for the three of us to do all this together,

and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and

are doing a great job with meals and staying

on top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustration

from the past 4 years has been relieved by doing these

positive, proactive things that have good results and show

daily improvement. And it's so good that they're spending

the time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.

Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austin

for dinner and that was lovely. e came down for one

night, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worth

to return to the supplier. And my nose is already

beginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,

bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all of

you the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.

The exquisite silence that a room can now have without a

nose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back to

normal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers of

reverence and gratitude for the family of my donor for

the awesome gift of life.

I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep me

updated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thank

you so much to all who have offered support, love, and

prayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks so

much to those of you who've made guestbook entries in

my CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.

Hugs and blessings,

Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.0/1381 - Release Date: 4/16/2008 9:34 AM

Guest guest

You go girl!

I bet you'll be bebopping around all over the place soon. So very

thankful you are doing so well.

S, Lubbock, TX

NSIP w/PF Celiac type 2 diab

>

> Hi Gang!

>

>

>

> Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austin

>

>

> Hugs and blessings,

>

Guest guest

Gwynne, you are awesome! i'm so glad this is going so well for you. Boy what a birthday pressy!

Love Ze xx>> Hi Gang!> I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc says> my new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)> seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were some> of the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and a> chest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chest> tubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.> I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it and> the Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for the> pain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on the> back, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)> scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had a> a big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from either> the intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting better> as well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm making> an appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,> and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see about> getting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent me> home from the hospital with.> > I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartment> complex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, like> a camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weak> when I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale and> exhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simply> incredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.> > Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - what> a great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homey> now that the kids have finished adding little touches> to warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about how> good it has been for the three of us to do all this together,> and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and> are doing a great job with meals and staying> on top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustration> from the past 4 years has been relieved by doing these> positive, proactive things that have good results and show> daily improvement. And it's so good that they're spending> the time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.> > Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austin> for dinner and that was lovely. e came down for one> night, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worth> to return to the supplier. And my nose is already> beginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,> bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all of> you the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.> The exquisite silence that a room can now have without a> nose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back to> normal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers of> reverence and gratitude for the family of my donor for> the awesome gift of life.> > I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep me> updated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thank> you so much to all who have offered support, love, and> prayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks so> much to those of you who've made guestbook entries in> my CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o>

Guest guest

-WOW, WOW, WOW - amazing!!!

Joy/Seattle

-- In Breathe-Support , denise randel

wrote:

>

> Gwynne,

> I am at a loss for words other than to echo yours-:Amazing!

Amazing! Amazing! You are such an inspiration and a hope to all of

us. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. May God

continue to bless you-

>

>

> Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

>

>

>

>

> Gwynne update

>

> Hi Gang!

>

>

>

> Last night my daughter-in- law drove over from Austin

>

>

> Hugs and blessings,

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>