RemedySpot.com

And Here I Sit Alone (a poem)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

And Here I Sit, Alone

You have left the boundaries of my sight and my touch.Tumbling farther and fartherinto the depths of yesterday.Eternal lost memoriesnever to be reclaimed.Drifting, drifting away.Perhaps when I dieall will be forgotten. Perhaps.

And here I sit, alone.Your book still being written.Some hour sharedduring a week of a monthof some century.

I know you now with clarityand certainty-You were a beacon of darknessfrom an abandoned lighthousewhich blinded me totally.The taste of your lovewas the demiseof my heart and my soul.Is this not what darkness does?

So alluring, yes you were.My senses and perceptions evaporatedwhen I embraced youwith butterfly wing tenderness.I felt alive.Noble but humblefor the first time ever,totally alive. Blue skies included.

And here I sit, alonein today's now,still trying to understandhow and whyyou could give me your lovewhile leaving your heart at home.I don't think I wish to understand.

All I know is that now,lamenting tearsscream to escape my eyes.For you, for me.both or neither,and my hands tremble,certain you will someday returnwith a different face,a different name.Different circumstances.Trying again to impale my heartif there's anything even leftfrom the last time.

And here I sit, alone.Now totally afraid of the dark,and afraid of love.Hiding under the bedas the children play outsideand the birds sing their happy songs.

-Randy

Guest guest

with permission from Randy...a few adjustments on his beautiful poem...no change of words necessary...an added photo and change of spacing ....the proverbial "pregnant pause" here and there...to cause the reader to ponder ....And Here I Sit....Alone..http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/mamaserene/?action=view & current=Wash_Away_by_Wildfire2003.jpgYou have left the boundariesof my sight and my touch.Tumbling farther and fartherinto the depths of yesterday.Eternal lost memoriesnever to be reclaimed.Drifting, drifting away.Perhaps when I dieall will be forgotten. Perhaps.And here I sit, alone.Your book still being written.Some hour sharedduring a week of a monthof some century.I know you now with clarityand certainty-You were a beacon of darknessfrom an abandoned lighthousewhich blinded me totally.The taste of your lovewas the demiseof my heart and my soul.Is this not what darkness does?So alluring, yes you were.My senses and perceptions evaporatedwhen I embraced youwith butterfly wing tenderness.I felt alive.Noble but humblefor the first time ever,totally alive. Blue skies included.And here I sit, alonein today's now,still trying to understandhow and whyyou could give me your lovewhile leaving your heart at home.I don't think I wish to understand.All I know is that now,lamenting tearsscream to escape my eyes.For you, for me.both or neither,and my hands tremble,certain you will someday returnwith a different face,a different name.Different circumstances.Trying again to impale my heartif there's anything even leftfrom the last time.And here I sit, alone.Now totally afraid of the

dark,and afraid of love.copyright,Randy