RemedySpot.com

Re: Beth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, he has a terrible time with the very cold weather. I've been told that humid moderate weather is what we want to look for. We thought maybe we could go to Florida next winter. I told my daughter in law today that I wanted to be here for Christmas. She said (we were on the phone) "Unless we could come to you". Hummmmm! How about NC is that better? The author of the book I read moved to Oregon coastline. We are going to have to experiment I guess. K Illinois Beth wrote: , Does Don have a hard time in the very cold weather? I sure do. The last winter I lived in NY (2006-2007) I was misearable. Every time I tried to go outside, the cold air literally took my breath away. It made my chest hurt and my sats drop. I was counting the days till I moved down here to NC. Do you have other options for next winter? I'm so glad that he's had a few good days. Everyone needs to have hope! Thanks for taking such good care of him, just don't forget to take care of yourself! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive Sher's surgery Hi All....cataract surgery went

well this morning! This time is a little pain afterward where I had none with the right eye. But I'm doing fine and glad it's over....now I can SEE! Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! K Central

Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

It does sound like Don has the same kinds of weather issues as I do. I can't cope with cold, very low humidity and if it's cold and windy, I hide in the house.

So far NC in the winter is tremendously preferable for me that NY in the winter. We did have a relatively mild winter here in the Raleigh/Durham area even by NC standards but it will always be better down here for me than it was in NY. It does get very hot here in the summer and humid. But heat and humidity have never bothered me and that does not seem to have changed since I've been ill. As a matter of fact I feel infinitely better with 95 degrees and 95% humidity than I feel with 25 degrees and 25% humidity. It's weird but I can actually breathe easier if it's humid than I can if it's dry. NC works for me so far because I still have the change of seasons but not the extreme winters of the northeast.

It will probably take a bit of experimentation to figure out what will work best for you and Don. It's wonderful that your daughter in law is already thinking of coming to where ever you are for the holidays. Flexibility on the part of family members will make your life so much easier and less stressful.

Keep doing what you're doing, Don is blessed to be married to someone who obviously loves him so much!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Sher's surgery

Hi All....cataract surgery went well this morning! This time is a little pain afterward where I had none with the right eye. But I'm doing fine and glad it's over....now I can SEE!

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Oh, trust me it isn't always such a sweet relationship. Right now it is so new for us. It just breaks my heart to have a man who was so strong and healthy and robust in August become so weak and thin in April that he can lift a 2 gallon can of gas. What treachery this disease is. Do you have problems with being cold. During the last 6 months he struggles with freezing. He has (since his heart attack ) always been hot. Now he is cold all the time. The last 3 days there have been no complaint against cold. This afternoon as the cloud cover came over, he said "I'm freezing again". I wonder if it has to do with 02 levels. I'm anxious for the oximeter to get here. We are suppose to get rain tomorrow and he said this afternoon that it was harder to breathe. I'm sure that it has to be so frustrating. I was just wondering

about others with coldness. K Illinois Beth wrote: , It does sound like Don has the same kinds of weather issues as I do. I can't cope with cold, very low humidity and if it's cold and windy, I hide in the house. So far NC in the winter is tremendously preferable for me that NY in the winter. We did have a relatively mild winter here in the

Raleigh/Durham area even by NC standards but it will always be better down here for me than it was in NY. It does get very hot here in the summer and humid. But heat and humidity have never bothered me and that does not seem to have changed since I've been ill. As a matter of fact I feel infinitely better with 95 degrees and 95% humidity than I feel with 25 degrees and 25% humidity. It's weird but I can actually breathe easier if it's humid than I can if it's dry. NC works for me so far because I still have the change of seasons but not the extreme winters of the northeast. It will probably take a bit of experimentation to figure out what will work best for you and Don. It's wonderful that your daughter in law is already thinking of coming to where ever you are for the holidays. Flexibility on the part of family members will make your life so much easier and less stressful. Keep doing what you're doing, Don is blessed to be married

to someone who obviously loves him so much! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive Sher's surgery Hi All....cataract surgery went well this morning! This time is a little pain afterward where I had none with the right eye. But I'm doing fine and glad it's over....now I can SEE! Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Joyce,

Thank you so much! I am pretty proud of myself at the moment. It feels good to be moving in the right direction. It is difficult since we're all "exercise challanged" because of our lung disease. As you know the only way for me to safely exercise is at 10-12 liters with a mask. Cannula just don't cut it when I'm exerting to that degree. That's one of the best things that rehab gave me, the knowledge of how to exercise safely.

Don't worry about me losing too fast. That 25 pounds is over the last two months, it amounts to a little over 2 pounds a week. Very reasonable. Slow and steady wins the race right. It didn't go on overnight, it's not going to come off overnight either.

Hope you get some follow through from the doctor today. Please keep us posted.

Love you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Beth

Beth,

Wow!!! I had no idea that you had lost 25 pounds already. What an accomplishment. But, be careful about losing too fast. You don't want to upset the apple cart. I know that you feel better.

I am so proud of you. Believe me, I know how hard it is! I struggled with fat all my life. The doc was disturbed the other day because I was losing too much weight and suggested an appetite stimulant... ..do you know how weird that is??? I have been making an effort to eat better and stabilize my weight.

Here's to a healthier you...!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

MB, I am so proud of you too. Two months 25 pounds..OH YEAH.. I wish I could do that. Question, the mask you use, is it the one with the bag hanging from it ? I am thinking of getting one for walking around the house. My nose could do without the hose for a while.I am sorry I haven't posted much. I seem to be in a funky place. Not depressed but just poopie.  I guess maybe I am in the grieving for my life thing AGAIN, With the high flow I can't go to the store alone because of changing the bottles so frequently. now does about everything around here. Thank heavens for coming every other week-end. She does the deep stuff. J doesn't think necessary. LOL He is making a pretty good wife but....Wow, I didn't know I was going to be dumping all that. I think it might be the grumpies.. I am going to a new eye Dr. Friday AM.. well see what he says about doing my right eye. I know he will want a clearance letter but with no pcp here.... who knows. I think I'll call Palma and see if she will send one to me. Or see if Dr. A will approve. I don't know how much sleepy time stuff they give. I read the board everyday and there are so many new people I haven't responded to I feel ashamed. SOO if the newbies are reading this.Welcome. And God Bless and strengthen you.Keep up the good work my sweetie. Hope to see you before toooooo long.. ;) Love & HUGS. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Joyce,Thank you so much! I am pretty proud of myself at the moment. It feels good to be moving in the right direction. It is difficult since we're all "exercise challanged" because of our lung disease. As you know the only way for me to safely exercise is at 10-12 liters with a mask. Cannula just don't cut it when I'm exerting to that degree. That's one of the best things that rehab gave me, the knowledge of how to exercise safely. Don't worry about me losing too fast. That 25 pounds is over the last two months, it amounts to a little over 2 pounds a week. Very reasonable. Slow and steady wins the race right. It didn't go on overnight, it's not going to come off overnight either. Hope you get some follow through from the doctor today. Please keep us posted. Love you! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Beth Beth,Wow!!!  I had no idea that you had lost 25 pounds already.  What an accomplishment.  But, be careful about losing too fast.  You don't want to  upset the apple cart.  I know that you feel better. I am so proud of you.  Believe me, I know how hard it is!  I struggled with fat all my life.  The doc was disturbed the other day because I was losing too much weight and suggested an appetite stimulant... ..do you know how weird that is???  I have been making an effort to eat better and stabilize my weight. Here's to a healthier you...!Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16