RemedySpot.com

Re: Imuran and prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Carolyn, I took those two meds for almost 2 years. In the beginning I experienced some nausea. Started taking them during lunch, just before finishing so my belly had plenty in it.....no problemo.......worked like a charm. Never, not once, did I ever react to them like that again.For what it's worth............... jim IPF 05 alaskaCarolyn Wade wrote: Hi All, I have a question. My

pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned. Thanks for the help. I love you all. CaroCaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Caro, The prednisone may be the

culprit...especially with the shakes!

You need to take these meds with food!!! Not just a little snack..a

meal!

30 mg pf prednisone can be horrid!!!!

I had no trouble with the Imuran..but need monthly bloodwork to keep

watch on liver function.

Call the doctor..he should be told about any side-effects!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s

too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and

MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Carolyn Wade wrote:

Hi All,

I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a

day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since

4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get

extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel

somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of

Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose

intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming

more nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not

actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually

have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of

these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be

concerned.

Thanks for the help. I love you all.

Caro

Caro

ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,

RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08

Mississippi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one

month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date: 4/8/2008 7:30 AM

Guest guest

Thanks . I will do definitely do that. Caro Zion wrote: Caro, The prednisone may be the culprit...especially with the shakes!You need to take these meds with food!!! Not just a little snack..a meal!30 mg pf prednisone can be horrid!!!!I had no trouble with the Imuran..but need monthly bloodwork to keepwatch on liver function.Call the doctor..he should be told about any side-effects! Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if

!supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Carolyn Wade wrote: Hi All, I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not

actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned. Thanks for the help. I love you all. CaroCaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date: 4/8/2008 7:30 AM CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

P.S.- He told me also I have to have blood work every 4 weeks to make sure my white count does not drop and my liver shuts down. Have to go back on 4-30-08. Caro Zion wrote: Caro, The prednisone may be the culprit...especially with the shakes!You need to take these meds with food!!! Not just a little snack..a meal!30 mg pf prednisone can be horrid!!!!I had no trouble with the Imuran..but need monthly bloodwork to

keepwatch on liver function.Call the doctor..he should be told about any side-effects! Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Carolyn Wade wrote: Hi All, I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and yesterday my

hands started to shake. I have not actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned. Thanks for the help. I love you all. CaroCaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date: 4/8/2008 7:30 AM CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Guest guest

Thanks Jim. I will try that. I have been taking them when I get up in the morning and then eating a bowl of cereal or something. Maybe it would be better to take it with something already in my stomach. I will give it a shot!! Thanks again, Carojames wallman wrote: Carolyn, I took those two meds for almost 2 years. In the beginning I experienced some nausea. Started taking them during lunch,

just before finishing so my belly had plenty in it.....no problemo.......worked like a charm. Never, not once, did I ever react to them like that again.For what it's worth............... jim IPF 05 alaskaCarolyn Wade <carowade4444> wrote: Hi All, I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and yesterday my

hands started to shake. I have not actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned. Thanks for the help. I love you all. CaroCaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Guest guest

Caro, I was also on both of those meds at the same time. The Pred will

make you shaky and can also cause muscle weakness. I'm not sure why

you're experiencing the diarrhea and nausea though. I don't remember

having that problem with the Imuran, but we're all different in our

responses.

I will suggest to you and anyone else taking it to be vigilant in your

blood work ups. Imuran can cause liver damage and you must have it

checked faithfully. I had to stop taking it after it began to affect

my liver somewhere around the 3 year mark.

Anytime you have a weight loss with a new med you should let your

Doctor know about it. It may not be the meds, but you want to rule

them out.

Thinking of you, and wishing you much luck with the meds.

Hugs and prayers,

Babs in Texas

DX with PF due to Lupus/Scleroderma/RA 11/99

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a

day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since

4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get

intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more

nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not actually

vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have

had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these

symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned.

>

> Thanks for the help. I love you all.

>

> Caro

>

>

> Caro

> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,

> Mississippi

>

> ---------------------------------

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

>

Guest guest

when I was on steroids, i was on 30mg and had the shakes all the time, I think that's the cause for your shaky hands.

Vicky81856Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

Guest guest

Caro,

They should be tracking the Imuran with bloodwork.

I would guess that Prednisone is the culprit. I know it causes shakiness and trembling. 30mg is a big enough dose to have lots of side effects. I go over the edge at 20mg....which is where I am right now.

Prednisone causes different side effects in different people. A strange drug!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 >> Hi All,> > I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin Bran with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned.> > Thanks for the help. I love you all.> > Caro> > > Caro> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.>

Guest guest

Hi Caro!

My doc also says take the Prednisone before 9 in the morning. It has

something to do with the way the body produces cortisol naturally or

something. I'm sure I don't understand BUT the prednisone does make

me shaky and nauseated at that dosage. It also leaves a bad taste

sometimes.

Good luck.

S, Lubbock, TX

NSIP w/PF 12/2006

>

> > Hi All,

> >

> > I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a

day

> > and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-

> > My question is that since I have been taking it, I get extremely

> > nauseous after taking my morning dose, but usually feel somewhat

> > better after a small amount of food (usually eat a bowl of Raisin

Bran

> > with about 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk (lactose intolerant)),

but it

> > seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming more nauseous and

> > yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not actually

vomited,

> > have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain. Actually have had

weight

> > loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else developed any of these

symptoms

> > with these meds? Was just curious if I should be concerned.

> >

> > Thanks for the help. I love you all.

> >

> > Caro

> >

> >

> > Caro

> > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP

01/08,

> > RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08

> > Mississippi

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

------

> > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

> > Blockbuster Total Access

> >

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47523/*http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockb

uster/text5.com>,

> > No Cost.

> >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG.

> >Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date:

4/8/2008 7:30 AM

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

carolyn ,

I had nausea and palpitations with immuran and was passing red

urine it was stopped at once at that time I was on 40mg prednisone

but after immuran was dropped the side effects stopped , you have to

ask your doctor

Geeta

> Hi All,

>

> I have a question. My pulmo started me on Imuran 50 mg twice a

day and prednisone 30 mg once a day and I have been on it since 4-1-

08. My question is that since I have been taking it, I get

intolerant)), but it seems like everyday I take it, I am becoming

more nauseous and yesterday my hands started to shake. I have not

actually vomited, have had some diarrhea, and no weight gain.

Actually have had weight loss of 4 pounds. Has anyone else

developed any of these symptoms with these meds? Was just curious

if I should be concerned.

>

> Thanks for the help. I love you all.

>

> Caro

>

>

> Caro

> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,

> Mississippi

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Vicky, I am glad to know it is just not me. I wasn't sure if it was the meds or if it was just something else I will have to deal with. I know a lot of people with this disease stay on prednisone long-term, so I really don't think he will take me off of it, even with the shakes, but I will call and find out what he has to say later on this morning. Will keep you all posted. Hope you all have a great Wednesday!! CaroLadyvic1@... wrote: when I was on steroids, i was on 30mg and had the shakes all the time, I think that's the cause for your shaky hands. Vicky81856 Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides. CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi __________________________________________________

Guest guest

YOU can take you off it (with tapering advice of course !!!!!!)

GIO> when I was on steroids, i was on 30mg and had the shakes all the time, I think that's the cause for your shaky hands.> > Vicky81856> > > > > ---------------------------------> Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.> > > > > > Caro> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> Mississippi> __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Dear Sista,

It's wonderful that you & MB ARE stable but what intrigues me is that so am I, even though I haven't been taking the 80 mg Prednisone & Imuran etc that the Brisbane Lung Transplant man wanted me to go on last October.

It's a conundrum isn't it... if I had taken all that nasty stuff I would be hailing it as the cause of my stability but HEY I'm stable anyway (or at least it FEELS that way!) I'm due for PFT's in May ...I'll be interested to see what my diffusion rate is compared to my last one of 49% .

I know I'm a lot fitter than I was this time last year! I haven't been taking anything except Adalat for the Reynaud's. (Oh & Choccies & Stone's Green Ginger ... & Drambuie !!!!!)

lotsa lurve,

GIO

PS I love hearing the latest on your grandbubby.....

> > > when I was on steroids, i was on 30mg and had the shakes all the> > time, I think that's the cause for your shaky hands.> > >> > > Vicky81856> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ---------------------------------> > > Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP> > 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > __________________________________________________> > >

Guest guest

MAry Beth,

Actually, I too, would consider using it in an ACUTE circumstance over the relatively short-term. That's what it is best at & then the side-effect risks are considerably less.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind it can be a life saver in those circumstances. Mind you I would be still anxious about making sure I got OFF it again..it seems that some have great trouble in ever being able to do that!

I would have to be VERY tenuous to agree to it!

in Oz

> > > > when I was on steroids, i was on 30mg and had the shakes all the> > > time, I think that's the cause for your shaky hands.> > > >> > > > Vicky81856> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Caro> > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP> > > 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > >