RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: New oximeter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Has anyone carried an oximeter through airport security?? X-ray? Hand inspect? jim IPF 05 alaskaBruce Moreland wrote: SherAs if we needed reinforcement, I mentioned what I was doing and when Iwas using how much to the Pulmonologist at University of Chicago. Shesays, "you are keeping a check on your sats aren't you?" I pull myoximeter out of my pocket. She smiles "very good." While there are someopposed seems more and more doctors

just not telling patients. But yourFred Myers trip is exactly the reason. You soon could have been at 80 orless and the thing is you'd never realized.>> After I got mine I was in Fred Myers shopping and walked the length ofa couple of aisles....loonnggg ones and checked my sats....89. If I hadwalked more it no doubt would have dropped lower. It is good to be ableto "check".> We're having a 75 degree day today. How nice.> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>>

New oximeter>>>> To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterdayafter conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. Afterclimbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs totake a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Wasable to go outside today, warm and NO RAIN. Just sat and read.>> , how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?>> Steve59 from WA> IPF 2006> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Bruce... yes it is a relief to have the little jewel in my pocket. Sometimes I'm very sob but the sats are low 90s....I put on the O2 anyway...it helps.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

New oximeter>>>> To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterdayafter conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. Afterclimbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs totake a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Wasable to go outside today, warm and NO RAIN. Just sat and read.>> , how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?>> Steve59 from WA> IPF 2006>

Guest guest

Jim, Lojack aka:Leanne, had hers with her when she flew down here. I don't think it is a problem. Have you had a problem?Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Has anyone carried an oximeter through airport security?? X-ray? Hand inspect? jim IPF 05alaskaBruce Moreland <brucemorelandgmail> wrote:SherAs if we needed reinforcement, I mentioned what I was doing and when Iwas using how much to the Pulmonologist at University of Chicago. Shesays, "you are keeping a check on your sats aren't you?" I pull myoximeter out of my pocket. She smiles "very good." While there are someopposed seems more and more doctors just not telling patients. But yourFred Myers trip is exactly the reason. You soon could have been at 80 orless and the thing is you'd never realized.>> After I got mine I was in Fred Myers shopping and walked the length ofa couple of aisles....loonnggg ones and checked my sats....89. If I hadwalked more it no doubt would have dropped lower. It is good to be ableto "check".> We're having a 75 degree day today. How nice.> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>> New oximeter>>>> To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterdayafter conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. Afterclimbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs totake a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Wasable to go outside today, warm and NO RAIN. Just sat and read.>> , how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?>> Steve59 from WA> IPF 2006>__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I always have mine in my purse and have gone through airport security several times with it-no problem.

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

New oximeter>>>> To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterdayafter conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. Afterclimbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs totake a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Wasable to go outside today, warm and NO

RAIN. Just sat and read.>> , how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?>> Steve59 from WA> IPF 2006>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Hi guys, We have found the oximeter very useful. When he is wearing O2 it runs about 98. It is often at 88 or 89, and then he puts on the O2. On the first day he got it, he was playing with it and he turned on the O2. I said, "how come?" He said his level was 84. We were astounded. He said now I know what the O2 deprivation feels like, it has been worse. Now he keeps a close check on it. I sure enjoyed our talk last Thursday. K. Central Il wrote: Yes Jim, Mine has been through many Aussie airports, Heathrow in London, Schipol in the Netherlands, furt in Germany & Singapore....no problems either with it working afterwards or aith it being considered suspicious. I had all my IPF Reports in my Hand Luggage so they would show cause for carrying such a device. My daughter wasnt' so lucky carrying wheat sack pillows for her 2 kids...she got dragged off in Germany for the full search in case she was smuggling something inside the kiddy size pillows.....the officials took no notice of the fact that she was travelling with children & were

quite prepared to drag her off BEFORE she could organise anyone to take care of them ( & I were on another line & didn't see what was happening until we heard teh kids shrieking for their mother...NICE!) Sooooo oximeters OK but BEWARE of carrying comfy pillows! GIO > >> > After I got mine I was in Fred Myers shopping and walked the length of> a couple of aisles....loonnggg ones and checked my sats....89. If I had> walked more it no doubt would have dropped lower. It is good to be

able> to "check".> > We're having a 75 degree day today. How nice.> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> > New oximeter> >> >> >> > To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterday> after conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. After> climbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -> 90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs to> take a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Was> able to go outside today, warm and NO RAIN. Just sat and read.> >> >

, how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?> >> > Steve59 from WA> > IPF 2006> >> > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

I enjoyed meeting your voice too. Remember it's every two weeks. As far as the oxymeter goes , when I first got mine I was shocked at how quickly my 02 dropped.Keep an eye on it KEEP it above 90 at all times. And that is the bottom of the scale. I have tostay above 92 or I am one hurtin puppy. God Bless you both with strength and knowledge to LIVE a wonderful life. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi guys,We have found the oximeter very useful.   When he is wearing O2 it runs about 98.   It is often at 88 or 89, and then he puts on the O2.  On the first day he got it, he was playing with it and he turned on the O2.  I said, "how come?"  He said his level was 84.   We were astounded. He said now I know what the O2 deprivation feels like, it has been worse.   Now he keeps a close check on it.   I sure enjoyed our talk last Thursday.  K.Central Il      <gina.francisbigpond> wrote:Yes Jim,             Mine has been through many Aussie airports, Heathrow in London, Schipol in the Netherlands, furt in Germany & Singapore....no problems either with it working afterwards or aith it being considered suspicious. I had all my IPF Reports in my Hand Luggage so they would show cause for carrying such a device.              My daughter wasnt' so lucky carrying wheat sack pillows for her 2 kids...she got dragged off in Germany for the full search in case she was smuggling something inside the kiddy size pillows.....the officials took no notice of the fact that she was travelling with children & were quite prepared to drag her off BEFORE she could organise anyone to take care of them ( & I were on another line & didn't see what was happening until we heard teh kids shrieking for their mother...NICE!)            Sooooo oximeters OK but BEWARE of carrying comfy pillows!          GIO                       > >> > After I got mine I was in Fred Myers shopping and walked the length of> a couple of aisles....loonnggg ones and checked my sats....89. If I had> walked more it no doubt would have dropped lower. It is good to be able> to "check".> > We're having a 75 degree day today. How nice.> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> > New oximeter> >> >> >> > To those interested: I have some readings to share with you. Yesterday> after conference call - 98. You all must have a calming effect. After> climbing 1 step to landing and 14 more to get to bedroom last night -> 90. Upon awakening this am - 95. No cpap. About 1pm climbed stairs to> take a nap - 95. Unable to sleep but felt good just laying there. Was> able to go outside today, warm and NO RAIN. Just sat and read.> >> > , how is Don's working? Any numbers to share yet?> >> > Steve59 from WA> > IPF 2006> >> > > > > > __________________________________________________>