RemedySpot.com

USANA supplements, have you heard of it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there? Has anyone heard of this USANA? Just curious. Please reply if

you have heard of this. A friend of a friend e-mailed this to me. What do

you think?

Thanks

Hey Theresa,

asked me to forward this information to you. We are seeing tremendous results with people who are using the USANA nutritionals. Hope this helps you!!!

Jeff Schechter

My Bionutrition Page

List All Recommendations

Back To Home Page

POLYMYOSITIS and DEMATOMYOSITIS

View Related Case Studies

These diseases may present separately or together. They are felt to be an autoimmune disease. If it is only the muscles that are involved, it is called polymyositis. If the skin becomes involved, then it is referred to as dermatomyositis.

Minimal Recommendations (2 times per day).

Nutritional Supplement

Breakfast

Evening

Chelated Mineral

Mega Antioxidant

Proflavanol 90

Optomega (or 3 Biomega-3, 1 @ AM and 2 @ PM)

2 tsp.

Optimal Recommendations (2 times per day).

Nutritional Supplement

Breakfast

Evening

Chelated Mineral

Mega Antioxidant

Proflavanol 90

Active Calcium

Coquinone 30

Optomega ( or 4 Biomega-3, 2 @ AM and 2 @ PM)

2 tsp.

I use the higher doses if the disease is more severe or not responding to the lower doses. It will usually take 4 to 6 months to see any significant improvements. I am now also starting to recommend the entire Sense' skin care program, if the skin is involved. I especially like the serum intensive lotion and would concentrate on using the entire system on the face. If they get good results there, they may use it on other parts of the body.

WHY DO I RECOMMEND THE USANA PRODUCTS?

There are several reasons that I recommend USANA, but the primary reason is because of the consistent results that I get when my patients use these products. I believe they are the most potent supplements on the market today. They follow the Good Manufacturing Practices for Pharmaceuticals. This means they are pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements. In other words, they produce these nutritionals with the same quality as an over-the-counter medication. They also follow USP guidelines for dissolution of the tablets. This means that they will dissolve readily and be easily available for absorption.

The USANA essentials are complete and balanced. They provide all of the basic nutrients at optimal levels. There are not only 17 different antioxidants in the Mega-Antioxidant but also the supporting B-cofactors. The Chelated Minerals also provide all of the important minerals at optimal levels. This means the cell is provided all the nutrients that it needs at optimal levels. The synergy of the USANA products is what makes them so potent. The results that I have seen in my practice using these supplements have been nothing short of amazing. I am sure there are other good products available. However, USANA is giving me the best and most consistent results. I do like to see results in my patients, so for now I am recommending the USANA products in my practice.

HOW DO YOU TAKE THE USANA NUTRITIONALS?

I like my patients taking all of their nutritionals with their meals and spread throughout the day. If you were able to take them with each meal, this would be ideal. The nutrients are better absorbed with food and are better tolerated with food.

I like my patients to take 1 Mega-Antioxidant and 1 Chelated Mineral with each meal (or 3 per day). I like to divide the Actical and optimizers like Proflavanol and Coquinone into equal amounts, three times a day. However, some patients simply will only take their nutritional supplements two times daily. Therefore, I have these patients take 2 Mega-Antioxidants along with 1Chelated mineral in the morning and 1 Mega-Antioxidant and 2 Chelated Minerals in the evening, again with food. They simply divide the actical and optimizers into two equal amounts in the morning and the evening. Optomega can be taken any time during the day.

WHAT ARE SOME BASIC PRECAUTIONS WHEN STARTING A NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM?

The USANA nutritionals are very potent. You are going to be nourishing your body better than you ever have in your life. The overwhelming majority of patients will tolerate my recommended supplementation without any problems. However, I always feel it is wise to slowly build up to the recommended doses of supplementation. If you are quite ill or are taking a lot of medication, I would even be more cautious. Your body will be able to begin detoxifying (ridding itself of accumulated toxins) as you provide all of these antioxidants and supporting nutrients to the cell at optimal levels. Some patients may note generalized body aches, headaches, skin rash and diarrhea. These are all symptoms of detoxification. These symptoms are temporary and transient. They are usually gone within 7 to 10 days.

Some patients get a mild upset stomach and nausea. This is related to the Poly C that is in the Mega-Antioxidant. This too is usually mild and transient. However, if it is significant, I have patients stop the Mega-Antioxidant for a few days and then start back with one Mega-Antioxidant with the largest meal. Once they are tolerating that level of supplementation, I slowly increase the amount they are taking until they are up to 3 daily.

Actical can cause significant diarrhea because of the high content of magnesium. Usually you are able to tolerate the recommended doses; however, if the diarrhea persists, I will switch my patients to the chewable actical. This is the reason why I usually add the actical last and I am sure that my patients are tolerating all of the other supplements first.

Minerals can sometimes cause a natural relaxation response. If you feel tired or fatigued after taking your nutritionals, you need to start taking all of your minerals in the evening or even at bedtime. Usually you even get a better quality of sleep.

Rarely patients simply get too energetic when taking the supplements. This again is a transient problem; however, I have to sometimes back off the amount of supplementation for awhile until they get use to it.

It takes 6 to 12 months to build up a patient's immune system and antioxidant defense system. Nutritional supplementation does not cure your disease. We are simply providing the nutrients to the body at optimal levels so that the body can do what God intended. If you experience any improvement with your disease, it is because your body is now better able to heal itself. This is something drugs will never be able to do. However, I always keep my patients on all their prescribed medications and only decrease them if they are clinically doing better.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can consult me directly via email, which is provided on my web page at a minimal cost.

If you have a comment or question about this web site, contact the site administrator.If you are having problems accessing the site, see our list of Frequently Asked Questions.

© 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Ray D. Strand M.D.All the materials published on this web site are the property of Ray D. Strand, M.D. Copyright 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002. All rights are reserved. The materials and information contained herein cannot be edited, altered, or used in any other format.

Hi,

Yes I have. An old friend used to sell it. Very expensive and it's garbage.

Stick to good nutrition, moderate exercise, proper sleep environment and

your AP therapy. There is absolutely no concrete evidence that supplements

of that type actually work. They are not monitored by any governing body,

nor are batches consistent from batch to batch.

As a scientist I have been taught that a double blind study is the gold

standard when proving a drug or supplements' worth. Anyone who can show me a

published double blind study that supports supplements of any type please

email and share their find.

There are many, many individuals in the world who take advantage of people

who suffer from diseases where there is no known cure. They convince you

that their product will cure your aches and pains, give you tons of energy,

halt your joint destruction. The majority of it is absolutely useless. The

only person who benefits is the person who profits from your desperation.

Be smart and research before you purchase and commit yourself to expensive

and unproven treatment.

Sincerely,

Kim

rheumatic USANA supplements, have you heard of it?

> Hi there? Has anyone heard of this USANA? Just curious. Please reply if

> you have heard of this. A friend of a friend e-mailed this to me. What

do

> you think?

>

> Thanks

>

>

> To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribeegroups

>

>

>

Dear Kim,

Thanks for saying this so well.

Rosemary.

rheumatic USANA supplements, have you heard of it?

>

>

> > Hi there? Has anyone heard of this USANA? Just curious. Please reply

if

> > you have heard of this. A friend of a friend e-mailed this to me. What

> do

> > you think?

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> > To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribeegroups