RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I told him that the author dealt with the disease with humor. He said he didn't think the disease was funny. I understand so I shut up. K' Central ILSher Bauman wrote: ...well we all fill our IPF shoes in a different way but I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Did Don read it? Thanks for asking...I'm doing pretty good. The O2 helps me a

lot. I've been paying bills and reconciling errors (other peoples, not mine). I sure like debit cards but if I forget to subtract from my own check register I play hell trying to find it! Tell Don hello for me. Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Terry P Ok, here I am again. It puts it at the very bottom of all the emails. How can I get it to put it at the bottom of mine instead of the very bottom. I'm so helpless when it comes to stuff like this. K central I,.Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi> wrote: Joyce,Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just sent it to , but it was meant for you! Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read the right one! Love and prayers, TerryTerry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Thanks Peggy....yeah, all is well and I need to go rest and get off the computer. There seems to be no stopping place. One more post...one more, like peanuts! haaahha

You take care of you.

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher

Sher I am so glad it is over for you and that all is well.

I don't know what is happening with my e-mail but it is taking forever to post..

Just wanted you to know I have had you on my mind all day.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Sher, you might want to come help me beat the tar out of , he says its because I am so out of shape.  I will never admit that but I know that is a major factor in my sob. I do sit a LOT and there MAY be a touch of truth there. ;) Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Sher,I'd echo what Peggy said. If your sats are above say 92, you really don't need the oxygen. I know you still feel sob but if your sats are normal then the issue isn't low O2. It's probably the old issue of our lungs being stiff and our brains telling us we're short of breath. Have you tried the 'pursed lip breathing' when you're feeling sob? (Smell the roses, blow out the candles) It helps me when I'm sob and my sats ore ok. I just want you to stay safe!!! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive        Re: Sher-NSIP, I read that you are confused about what type of IPF you have--IPF, NSIP, etc. plus honeycombing.  I had the same issue.  For about 4 years, mine was diagnosed NSIP.  then I took my biopsy slides to a major ILD center (this year) and then I was diagnosed UIP(honeycombing) IPF.  My doctor told me that there have been newer advances for the pathlogist in reading the biopsy slides.  I am going to try and qualify for the STEP Trial in two weeks and the nurse mentioned to me that my biopsy slides would have to be looked at AGAIN for other characteristics that have been determined by the Trial.  Whew!  I know it is confusing.  Maybe different parts of our lungs can have different kinds of pulmonary fibrosis!  (This statement came from me!)  Toodles!  Jane UIP/IPF formerly NSIP 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > >> > > Sher,> > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > helpful!> > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > chosen not to go down that road.> > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> >>CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

MB....I was told pursed lip breathing does nothing for "us". It's used for COPD pt. only. So no, I don't do that. I was told this in rehab.........

Guess you gals have a point. Ok, I'll watch the O2 intake. I really don't think I'm overdoing. Some days, like today, I have used very little.

I am scripted for nighttime O2 use however and I do that every night.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Sher-NSIP

, I read that you are confused about what type of IPF you have--IPF, NSIP, etc. plus honeycombing. I had the same issue. For about 4 years, mine was diagnosed NSIP. then I took my biopsy slides to a major ILD center (this year) and then I was diagnosed UIP(honeycombing) IPF. My doctor told me that there have been newer advances for the pathlogist in reading the biopsy slides. I am going to try and qualify for the STEP Trial in two weeks and the nurse mentioned to me that my biopsy slides would have to be looked at AGAIN for other characteristics that have been determined by the Trial. Whew! I know it is confusing. Maybe different parts of our lungs can have different kinds of pulmonary fibrosis! (This statement came from me!) Toodles! Jane UIP/IPF formerly NSIP 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > >> > > Sher,> > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > helpful!> > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > chosen not to go down that road.> > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> >>

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Sher,

While pursed lip breathing is most useful for COPD and other obstructive lung diseases it does help us too. It slows our breathing down and helps us to expel the CO2 in our lungs to make room for oxygen. I've been in situations where I my tank had run out and I couldn't immediately get to a new tank, I can keep my sats up for a period of time using the pursed lip breathing.

The point is, just because it's most useful for another type of lung disease, it can also be effective for us. It's especially good for the times when I feel sob and yet my sats are fine. It seems to help me breathe more "efficiently" and let my poor confused brain know that I'm paying attention to the signals it's sending me.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Sher-NSIP

, I read that you are confused about what type of IPF you have--IPF, NSIP, etc. plus honeycombing. I had the same issue. For about 4 years, mine was diagnosed NSIP. then I took my biopsy slides to a major ILD center (this year) and then I was diagnosed UIP(honeycombing) IPF. My doctor told me that there have been newer advances for the pathlogist in reading the biopsy slides. I am going to try and qualify for the STEP Trial in two weeks and the nurse mentioned to me that my biopsy slides would have to be looked at AGAIN for other characteristics that have been determined by the Trial. Whew! I know it is confusing. Maybe different parts of our lungs can have different kinds of pulmonary fibrosis! (This statement came from me!) Toodles! Jane UIP/IPF formerly NSIP 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > >> > > Sher,> > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > helpful!> > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter

as> > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > chosen not to go down that road.> > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> >>

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Sher/

Out of SGIO's insanity comes the brilliance of .

My apartment is small too, Sher. And, while I do have a treadmill I

normally use, I did six minute walks and things right here from the

living room down the hall to the front door and back and forth. And, I

easily could do just as effective walking that way as I do on the

treadmill. You feel silly at first going back and forth such a small

distance, but its walking and exercise. Actually, its pretty smart

exercise, as you can of course monitor yourself, do what you want and

not worry about a long walk back, do it anytime, and if needed sit down

quickly when you need to. I recall the rehab girl having Gwynne doing

" laps " around her house. It was a short path but its all the same.

Now the stairs, for me would be a bit much to have any exercise benefit.

They are more like weight lifting to me and are very strenuous and I

could take very little of them. Walking is easiest for me as hills or

steps or carrying anything drops my sats far more dramatically and

requires me to stop and rest.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sher,

> > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis.

NSIP

> > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much

longer

> > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of

fact,

> > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen

patients

> > > > with NSIP who have been " stable for decades. " I mean I know that

my

> > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is

> > > > helpful!

> > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the

disease or

> > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable

by CT

> > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed)

you

> > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't

matter as

> > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself

> > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why

you've

> > > > chosen not to go down that road.

> > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy

word!!

> > > > > Beth

> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > > >

> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Caro

> > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,

RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08

> > Mississippi

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

> >

Guest guest

ATTA GIRL.........did it make you feel TRIUMPHANT!

love,

GIO

> > > > >> > > > > Sher,> > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > helpful!> > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > Mississippi> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> >

Guest guest

....counts as exercise TOO BWBB,

Probably the best there is!!

SGIO > > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis.> NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much> longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of> fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen> patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that> my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the> disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable> by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed)> you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't> matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why> you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy> word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,> RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....

YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!

Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...

They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....

I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!

SGIO

> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

Hello all you !!!!! I'm tripping through all of the posts on this email and I learned so much, even though the discussion was held last Tuesday. I even read some of them to Don. It has been a terrible couple of days. He was sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper and I read 's chide to Mama Sher, telling her to get up and walk. Also about the need for the O2. He threw off his blanket and started walking, monitoring his O2. I know some of this is depression but he just feels terrible. Thanks so much for all of this. It just gives us hope. K Central ISher Bauman wrote: ...well girl, you are just a wealth of suggestions! Thanks, for sure I can do some of this stuff. Not all at the same time, but I can. I have a disk w/sit down exercising.......... Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Sher That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair ..... YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well! Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand

weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)... They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama.... I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'! SGIO > > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be

different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > >

Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

"DON" You are not alone..... We are struggling JUST LIKE YOU.. WE HATE THIS DISEASE. I think it is wonderful you did move around a bit. Just keep your saturation above 90 ( its 92 for me cause I hurtbelow that).  Ask you Dr for help with depression. We all have it but a Wellbutrin type pill helps more than I can tell you.We are glad you found us and glad is communicating for you.  Jump on the board you will find so much comfort here. Remember this disease is a monster... FIGHT... That is unless you have found an expiration date somewhere.. Nope didn't think so. push and LIVE. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hello all you !!!!!I'm tripping through all of the posts on this email and I learned so much, even though the discussion was held last Tuesday.   I even read some of them to Don.  It has been a terrible couple of days.    He was sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper and I read 's chide to Mama Sher, telling her to get up and walk.   Also about the need for the O2.  He threw off his blanket and started walking, monitoring his O2.   I know some of this is depression but he just feels terrible. Thanks so much for all of this.  It just gives us hope. KCentral ISher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:...well girl, you are just a wealth of suggestions! Thanks, for sure I can do some of this stuff. Not all at the same time, but I can.I have a disk w/sit down exercising.......... Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  Re: SherThat's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!SGIO> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

K. ...I'm glad too that Don walked a bit....you didn't say what his sats were as he monitored........

Don......keep on keepin' on!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Sher

That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....

YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!

Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...

They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....

I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!

SGIO

> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

Beth

Well, you are a great example of living. You made major changes and compromises based on your condition. Surely it wasn't what you invisioned but you seem to be adjusting so well and getting use to North Carolina and you've found the best medical care. You went to spend time with Peggy and Leanne. You've become even more involved here. I understand you've got a disease and your condition, but I see a woman so alive and vibrant when I see you here.

Terry mentioned embracing the disease. Well, that may be going a bit too far in that all of us hate it. But, we do embrace it because we have no other good choice. All the other choices we have are so much worse.

I've mentioned before my uncle who was diagnosed 30 years ago with COPD and proceeded to spend the last 30 years in his recliner except when in bed, only leaving the house once or twice at most per year for funerals. He has now gone to the hospital with breathing problems but was only on 2 liters of oxygen at home. Another uncle emailed me "Louis has suffered for a number of years with this terrible lung problem". From what I have been told he isn't considered likely to make it out of the hospital although I don't know details. I know he's had some suffering and don't mean to not sound compassionate. In fact, I'm quite compassionate toward him because he wasn't fortunate enough to be in a community like ours where we learn how to live. Not knowing, he let his diagnosis become a death sentence and just waited. It's sad when I think of the fact that my disease is medically considered more serious, I'm on more oxygen, and I likely have far fewer years, yet I've gotten out of the house more times this year already than he has in 30 years and he was far more social and out and about type than me. They are all so shocked that I'm going to be traveling there soon after watching him. I wonder where he would have liked traveling but never realized he could. He never spent a night away from home and only portable he had was an E tank on cart.

> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your> diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much> longer> > > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of> fact,> > > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen> patients> > > > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know> that my> > > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope> is> > > > > > > helpful!> > > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the> disease or> > > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very> identifiable by CT> > > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or> mixed) you> > > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't> matter as> > > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put> yourself> > > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why> you've> > > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy> word!!> > > > > > > > Beth> > > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Caro> > > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP> 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > > Mississippi> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > > >

Guest guest

Oooh YES Please Mama..then I'd be motivated to go 3 times a week!

There are more heated swimming pools than you can poke a STICK at in this town....I go to the Council Pool 'cos it's the cheapest & closest so I can walk there & get warmed up before I start!

Oz has some strange advantages over the Big BRuvver USA!

SGIO> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > > > helpful!> > > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > > > Beth> > > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > > Mississippi> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > > >