RemedySpot.com

Re: Joe and Joanie/ afternoon O2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Actually the day did get better. We went for a walk around the barnyard, and he began to kick dirt (farmers like to do that and being city girl I never did understand it) and said he wondered if he could still get in the tractor to level some ground. So I trouped back to the house to get an extra can of O2 and between the two of us and a cane and a very precocious dog, he got in the tractor. It might have been funny to watch. So he put the O2 in between his legs, shut the door and he looked like the cat that swallowed the mouse. It was good to see him way up there looking like he was home. He spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the tractor. By the time he and the dog rolled into the machine shed, got out of the tractor (that wasn't as humorous) he was spent. We walked back across the yard and he collapsed on the couch for a much needed rest. I don't think he is getting enough O2. I

read on someones post that being cold is a symptom of needed O2? Is it? Did you get an answer from Joanie's MRI - no of course not, too soon. Thanks guys. K Central ILJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote: Hi , I went with Joanie this am. For her MRI on knee. Will find out results next week. I worked in the yard and rode the mower and did some weed eating also. I did without O2 and was tired afterwards. Came in and had a Gatorade and some O2. I breathe better as it is very humid and raining at present. We are going to Myrtle Beach next month and I will see if the ocean air helps me. Sister and her husband are coming over and play dominoes at 6:00 PM. It has been a full day for me so I will sleep tonight, especially with my CPAP. As far as the book I am a lot like Barry also and Joanie says I have a warped sense of humor. Maybe guys with that type of humor get this stupid disease. I do swear but mostly when I get totally pissed at something or someone including myself. I am working at trying to ignore this monster disease and I am too independent at times and do not want

help. I am really trying to change for the better. Joanie does not deserve to have to take care of me. I have no fear that she will be there for me but I want to delay the dependance as long as possible. Today I almost felt like my old self with the exception of shortness of breath. I have so many friends and relates praying for me one of them should work!!! Hope your day is great and will get better.   JOE/JOANIE JOE 59 IPF1/2008 -- Re: Terry P Ok, here I am again. It puts it at the very bottom of all the emails. How can I get it to put it at the bottom of mine instead of the very bottom. I'm so helpless when it comes to stuff like this. K central I,.Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi>

wrote: Joyce,Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just sent it to , but it was meant for you! Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read the right one! Love and prayers, TerryTerry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 You rock. That's

why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

If he doesn't have an oximeter, get one. Several have gotten them here for only $65. That one is FDA approved which is essential. Maintaining proper oxygen is so essential.

http://portablenebs.com/tripleoximeter.htm

Now, he just broke through a barrier today...a great one. So many things you say you can no longer do, but can be done perfectly fine with oxygen. Now when farming was pulling the plow yourself, its one thing. But the tractor, no reason not to get on it. We can't go as long, as hard, or as fast, but honestly there are very few things I did before IPF that I can't do today. Now, the time will come when I can no longer say that and I'll find more substitute things to enjoy. Now there are things I can't do that I could when I was 20....but thats more aging than PF. I can't waterski with oxygen. lol. But, the last time I waterskied was 1974 or 1975. I use the treadmill more than I ever did before....now of course I turn the oxygen way up. I'm about to go on a 6 or 7 day roadtrip. You know the last time I did that as an adult? Never.

> Joyce,> Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just sent it to , but it was meant for you!> Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read the right one!> Love and prayers,> Terry> > > Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.>

Guest guest

K.

Getting that man back on the tractor was a smart move. Whatever he can do, he should do. Self esteem is all tied up in our ability to perform. The will to live is tied up in our self esteem.

"Why am I even here, I am no good to anyone, I am only a burden, This is no way to live"....those feelings and expressions will kill you. I always think it is Satan whispering in my ear.

Even though he may only need 3L (guess) inside and resting, his 02 needs could rise to 6L or greater upon exertion. Just stick the oximeter on and keep it above 92 or so. For me, it needs to be above 95 or I am uncomfortable. Plenty of 02 and plenty of sunshine will make a new man of him.

You are doing all the right things. The smell of the fresh spring dirt will bring him around! Spirit is everything. Build up his spirit and the man will reappear. So, he is dragging a few tubes. So.....???

Gods blessings on you both!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> Joyce,> Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just sent it to , but it was meant for you!> Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read the right one!> Love and prayers,> Terry> > > Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.>

Guest guest

That sounds like a very good day for you and Don. That tractor ride probably did more for him than the whole days worth of meds. I would think that as planting season starts you might find someone who could help you set up a tractor for him to operate for awhile. Whatever awhile is as far as his being strong enough for it. That too will improve I bet. The right size O2 tank mounted in a cab would be no problem, just like having it in the back seat of your car.

If you need any help with this let me know, I can do some checking around with my local supplier.

Fay

IPF 06/06 IL

Re: Terry P

Ok, here I am again. It puts it at the very bottom of all the emails. How can I get it to put it at the bottom of mine instead of the very bottom. I'm so helpless when it comes to stuff like this.

K

central I,.Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Joyce,Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just sent it to , but it was meant for you!

Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read the right one!

Love and prayers,

TerryTerry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Joanie

Well, that present may be a life saver/life prolonger. How many of those

have you given before? Then next time on the tractor he'll be able to

just check after along the way and adjust as necessary. It also gives me

some peace of mind as I'm doing something I want to and at the same time

can see I'm not damaging myself in doing so. I had to go do a bunch of

things yesterday getting ready for my trip and toward the end I had a

trip through Target on my list. Well, one can adjust their walking to

their oxygen or their oxygen to their walking. I felt like I needed a

brisk walk, treadmill like, so as I headed to the back of the store I

was on 5 and maintaining quite nicely. Then when I got there I turned

back down to 4 as I did my shopping. But the faster walk felt good, I

know was good for me, and I did it safely.

> > Joyce,

> > Once again I see I've sent a message to the wrong person. I just

sent it

> to , but it was meant for you!

> > Does this crap play with your mind? I wonder. Anyway, hope you read

the

> right one!

> > Love and prayers,

> > Terry

> >

> >

> > Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada