RemedySpot.com

Re: Question for K

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm curious about why the doctor does not want to send Don to rehab?

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Sher

That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....

YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!

Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...

They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....

I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!

SGIO

> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP

(fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06,

IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

Since Joanie bought my Pulse-ox I have checked a lot. Sunday when I walked from the Handicapped parking spot at church until I Sat Down It dropped from 97 to 83. This was about 50-60 feet. This is the most dramatic drop I have had.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 59 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Question for K

Hi ,

Beth

That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....

Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...

I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!

SGIO

> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

A-men. Don has problems like that. He is so stubborn he won't put it on when he is walking to and from. Hopefully pulmonary rehab will help with that. K Central IlJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote: Since Joanie bought my Pulse-ox I have checked a

lot. Sunday when I walked from the Handicapped parking spot at church until I Sat Down It dropped from 97 to 83. This was about 50-60 feet. This is the most dramatic drop I have had.    JOE/JOANIE JOE 59 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA. -- Re: Question for K Hi , I'm curious about why the

doctor does not want to send Don to rehab? Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive Re: Sher That's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair ..... YEP you can exercise

sitting DOWN as well! Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)... They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama.... I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'! SGIO > > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> >

> > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > >

Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

Joe

Those drops can sure sneak up on you, can't they? I still can't tell sob

from oxygen vs from lifting or activity and only my oximeter knows. I

don't know if your speed of walk was a little faster or if it was

slightly uphill (for me that makes a huge difference). The one that

drives me crazy is that I'm sitting right now not more than 18 feet from

my oxygen reservoir. I can sit fine without oxygen (95% of the time once

I've settled in). But, I can't get up out of the recliner, closing it,

and then walk over to the reservoir and turn it on without my oxygen

dropping well down in the 80's. So, I sit with either the portable

beside me or with the reservoir on and the cannula beside or across me

so I'll have it to get up. This is one I did discuss directly with my

pulmonologist and his instructions were what I believed they should be

and that was to do that and even though it would be a short time it

would drop not to do it without oxygen.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sher,

> > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your

diagnosis. NSIP

> > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much

> longer

> > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of

fact,

> > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen

> patients

> > > > > > with NSIP who have been " stable for decades. " I mean I know

that

> my

> > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope

is

> > > > > > helpful!

> > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the

disease

> or

> > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very

identifiable by

> CT

> > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or

mixed)

> you

> > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't

matter

> as

> > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put

yourself

> > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why

you

> ve

> > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.

> > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy

word!!

> > > > > > > Beth

> > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Caro

> > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP

01/08,

> RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08

> > > > Mississippi

> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

> > > >

Guest guest

Joanie, I hope he had 02 with him. That tells you he needs it when he is on his feet. Sometimes more for exercise. Oxymeters are a wonderful thing to have. Could save damage to other parts of the body. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Since Joanie bought my Pulse-ox I have checked a lot. Sunday when I walked from the Handicapped parking spot at church until I Sat Down It dropped from 97 to 83. This was about 50-60 feet. This is the most dramatic drop I have had.                                                                                                                                  JOE/JOANIEJOE 59 IPF<EA9A1532-DC41-46C7-851E-D812DE0A2CA1>1/2008GRIFFIN, GA.-- Re: Question for K Hi ,I'm curious about why the doctor does not want to send Don to rehab? Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive        Re: SherThat's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!SGIO> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

J/J did Joe have O2 w/him or did he use it soon?

I realize the importance of keeping O2 w/me in case my sats go down.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

SGIO

> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

I did have O2 but when I sat down in 2 minutes it was at 95. I did not use during service. Did use after church. Checked all day and it never dropped below 92.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Hi ,

Beth

SGIO

Guest guest

I have a habit of keeping O2 with me all of the time.

GRIFFIN, GA.

GRIFFIN, GA.

J/J did Joe have O2 w/him or did he use it soon?

I realize the importance of keeping O2 w/me in case my sats go down.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

SGIO

Guest guest

Joe did you have your 02 on when you were walking in to church? The reason I ask because if you did you will need a bit more when walking. Keep your stats above 90 at all times. If you drop don't let it stay down more than a couple min... Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." I did have O2 but when I sat down in 2 minutes it was at 95. I did not use during service. Did use after church. Checked all day and it never dropped below 92.                                                                                              JOE/JOANIEJOE 59 IPF<200D0894-A711-4851-91B4-053282A2D3F1>1/2008GRIFFIN, GA.-- Re: Question for K Hi ,I'm curious about why the doctor does not want to send Don to rehab? Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive        Re: SherThat's why you got 3 little Bouncers Mama....I'm BIG on doin' the sort of exercise that you don't have to travel to get, doesn't COST anything & you can do it from your own house/yard OR your very own computer chair .....YEP you can exercise sitting DOWN as well!Just keep 2 small cans of tinned food OR a pair of 0.5 kg (approx 1 lb) hand weights right next to your computer seat.....every OTHER half hour from your THRICE WALKING you can work in some resistance work for your 'Tuck-shop arms' while you're still sittin' on your very own WAZOO (called 'ARSE' in Oz)...They use these in Aged Care Homes so QUITE SAFE Mama....I also take 'em into the Lounge Room at night & do a bit of it while watching Tele.....all mounts up to DOIN' SOMETHIN' rather than Doin' NUTHIN'!SGIO> > > > > >> > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > helpful!> > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > Beth> > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > >> > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > Mississippi> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > >

Guest guest

I did not have the O2 on as I had just received the meter and wanted to see what happens. If it goes down and I use O2 it jumps back to 96 or 97.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Hi ,

Beth

SGIO