RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: SherBruce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce....I could go downstairs, carrying my O2....do a walk, checking sats. If O2 is needed then it's right there at the bottom of the stairs. TODAY I will do that!

For many months it's been "no exercise" until a cardio workup. Well, you know how long it takes to get stuff done. 24 heart monitor was ok...skipped beats but ok. No results yet from Echo. But now that I have O2 I think I can be a "bit more daring"...lol.

We have a treadmill too, I may just step on that and see how I do.

I remember Gwynnie doing her "laps". Have you heard anything of or from her????

Hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Sher

Sher/Out of SGIO's insanity comes the brilliance of .My apartment is small too, Sher. And, while I do have a treadmill Inormally use, I did six minute walks and things right here from theliving room down the hall to the front door and back and forth. And, Ieasily could do just as effective walking that way as I do on thetreadmill. You feel silly at first going back and forth such a smalldistance, but its walking and exercise. Actually, its pretty smartexercise, as you can of course monitor yourself, do what you want andnot worry about a long walk back, do it anytime, and if needed sit downquickly when you need to. I recall the rehab girl having Gwynne doing"laps" around her house. It was a short path but its all the same.Now the stairs, for me would be a bit much to have any exercise benefit.They are more like weight lifting to me and are very strenuous and Icould take very little of them. Walking is easiest for me as hills orsteps or carrying anything drops my sats far more dramatically andrequires me to stop and rest.> > > > >> > > > > Sher,> > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis.NSIP> > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is muchlonger> > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter offact,> > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seenpatients> > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know thatmy> > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > helpful!> > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of thedisease or> > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiableby CT> > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed)you> > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn'tmatter as> > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get whyyou've> > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happyword!!> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > Mississippi> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> >