RemedySpot.com

Re: Quarterly checkup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Leanne,

Yay!!! Stable is the happy word!! You want to weigh less each time? Till you weigh what? 4 ounces??? Just kidding!

Love you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Quarterly checkup

Hello all,

Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly. No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss. I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to weigh less each time I go in.

I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said:

UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP because I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.

I'm still on lung transplant hold.

Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I am just overjoyed with that report. Just keep on keepin on.. while your keepin on have some FUN. I know you are relieved to have such a good report. wonderful, marvelous, terifffffic. Be sure to say Hi to everyone in Texas- both events..  Love you loads.  ;)Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hello all, Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly.  No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss.  I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January.  My goal is to weigh less each time I go in. I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said: UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and intra-alveolar macrophages.  Extensive honeycombing is present in specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have UIP with a little NSIP.  But my disease is behaving like NSIP because I've been pretty stable for five years.  He said you could have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue doing what I'm doing!  So I guess I will. I'm still on lung transplant hold. Leanne uip 1/03 IllinoisBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Leanne,

Good news on your pft's and the weight loss, keep up the good work

Love Ze xx>> Hello all,> > Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly. No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss. I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to weigh less each time I go in.> > I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said:> > UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP because I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.> > I'm still on lung transplant hold.> > Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

leanne

very happy you had a good result. stable is wonderful, improvement

is magnificent....and continued weight loss is just awesome. i'm

stuck but then every day there is a reason to just stray. hehehe.

may uip 0606

glasgow, scotland

>

> Hello all,

>

> Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved

slightly. No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight

loss. I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to

weigh less each time I go in.

>

> I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from

my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report

said:

>

> UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation

and intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in

specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I

have UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP

because I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could

have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable

and continue doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.

>

> I'm still on lung transplant hold.

>

> Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Leanne

Great news to hear. I saw you zoom across the office to turn something

off and just smiled thinking how energized you are at your best, knowing

every day isn't as good, but also knowing how much life you're getting

out of the current lungs. Under today's scoring which doesn't take time

on the list into consideration, you certainly didn't look like someone

who should be listed to me. Also, I found the UTSW philosophy that I was

told yesterday interesting, that they don't want to list you too soon,

but also they don't limit your travel unless you're near the top of the

list which would be based on condition and all the other factors. I'd

always heard and assumed that once listed you had to stay within two

hours. I wonder if others are changing as well.

I'm wondering what U of Chicago's pathologist will say about mine now.

As to weight loss, I didn't see the before, but the " after " sure looks

to be in good shape to me. You should be extremely proud.

>

> Hello all,

>

> Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly.

No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss. I lost six

lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to weigh less each time

I go in.

>

> I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my

first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said:

>

> UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and

intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in

specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have

UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP because

I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could have both

things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue

doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.

>

> I'm still on lung transplant hold.

>

> Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the update Peggy. When you call again send my love...I don't want to flood her w/calls...you can be my spokesperson again...ok? Thanks

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Quarterly checkup

I am just overjoyed with that report. Just keep on keepin on.. while your keepin on have some FUN. I know you are relieved to have such a good report. wonderful, marvelous, terifffffic.

Be sure to say Hi to everyone in Texas- both events..

Love you loads. ;)

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Hello all,

Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly. No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss. I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to weigh less each time I go in.

I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said:

UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP because I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.

Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

Guest guest

Leanne... I'm so glad to hear this news. And your continued weight loss! That's not easy to keep going down.

Hope all well every day.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Quarterly checkup

Hello all,

Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

Guest guest

Leanne,

THAT is great news & very interesting re the UIP & NSIP...honestly I think the reality is that the UIP/NSIP conundrum is going to take a LOT more research before they understand the connection between the two. Until then they wobble between the 2 beased on stability or lack of it!

Grains of Salt & every day is a GIFT!

Hugs,

GIO

PS BIG Congrats on your weight loss..that is substantial...6 lbs is equal to 2.75Kg & I'd be thrilled to lose that amount in that time..well done gal)

>> Hello all,> > Just had my quarterly checkup and my pfts actually improved slightly. No dlco this time. They are very pleased with my weight loss. I lost six lbs from when I saw them in January. My goal is to weigh less each time I go in.> > I asked about my biopsy because I had the slides transferred from my first hospital to the U of C - this is what their pathology report said:> > UIP. Patchy interstitial fibrosis with mild chronic inflammation and intra-alveolar macrophages. Extensive honeycombing is present in specimen C. Fibroblast foci are also present. My pulmo said that I have UIP with a little NSIP. But my disease is behaving like NSIP because I've been pretty stable for five years. He said you could have both things going on and basically it's just very unpredictable and continue doing what I'm doing! So I guess I will.> > I'm still on lung transplant hold.> > Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Leanne,

How wonderful to go to the doctors and get good news. I am so excited for you AND!!! the continued weight loss is fantastic. You must feel really proud of yourself. At this rate you'll be skinny minny when I see you in September. Take care-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Quarterly checkup

Hello all,

Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois