RemedySpot.com

Re: linda k and don

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Zena and May Oh thanks for your words of encouragement. Our big screen tv is his baby and he usually loves to watch tv. Not so now though. He is very depressed and we now have an appointment on Friday to tell the doc he wants off pred. He said last night (promised he will take the doc's suggestions for getting off). He said that if his symptoms aren't the pred he wouldn't even fight going back on. He said quality of life stinks right now and he wants what he had back before pred (now that we have the cough better) Thanks for all the love you give me. We did get a lap top and a router and when the program he is watching advertises I mute it and read some of the posts. Surprisingly he does listen and has come to trust you guys. Thanks again for all the love-hugs-info-and support. I could not walk this journey without all of you. K Illinoismay wrote: lindai think you said that you use the computer in a different roomfrom don and planned to buy a laptop. if you haven't boughta new system yet, then i think you may find bruce's set up interesting. i'm sure he would be happy to explain it betterthan me but i believe he has a wireless keyboard and big tv screen used as monitor. this would let don read the messages with you andalso let him see our pictures. your two sons should be able tohelp you with

wireless set up etc. i think that would be moneywell spent.ive not been on pred but would echo that it takes 12-18 months tocome to terms with this thing. pulm rehab gave me a sense of belonging as well as convincing me that my body didnt need me toprotect it from movement. upper body exercises with small hand weights help your lungs breath and feel more comfortable. we need to know there are people like us, we need to belong somewhere where people understand. we need time to adjust and then we decide to 'concentrate on what we can do rather than what we cant' and we need our down days. may uip 0606glasgow, scotland K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

May/

Ok, my setup is unique, weird, and I love it.

I have a regular desktop HP computer. But, I bought a 32 inch monitor

from Office Depot. I've seen similar at Radio Shack. Mine is a Viewsonic

and is both an LCD screen TV (HD even, although I don't use it as a TV)

and a computer monitor. Why did I go so extreme? Well, my vision isn't

what I wish it was and I can see it well with no straining. People laugh

that my computer monitor is bigger than my TV. Well, I don't read TV.

Now, for a stand to put my computer under and my monitor on, I went to

Ikea and got one of their tables with a great caster frame and a unit to

hold the computer under. The problem I found with every computer cart I

saw was the wheels were just too small and they didn't roll easily. My

cart cost no more than a computer cart and less than many. It is a

standard Ikea setup. Ok, next I decided I wanted to be able to use it

anywhere and to be comfortable.

So, I have a wireless network (I have cable modem). So, I have nothing

to connect to there. I also got a wireless keyboard and mouse so nothing

to connect there. The only cord, cable or wire that comes from my cart

and has to go anywhere is the power cord. To keep the speaker wires and

everything else out of the way I also got the very cheap clips at Radio

Shack and everything is clipped to the underside of the table.

So, for less money than a good laptop, I have a basic computer and 32

inch monitor (I got the monitor on sale for $499 and betting you can

find them even cheaper on sale now.) You may not need a monitor that

large and a 24 inch or so may be fine. I can easily move my cart

anywhere in the apartment. I'm sitting right now reclined in a recliner

section of my la-z-boy (appropriate for me) sectional. My keyboard is in

my lap and my mouse is right beside me on a pad (actually on a small

notebook/binder kind of thing.

I figured this setup will accomodate me as my condtion worsens. I also

have it positioned so I can watch tv while I type. Sometimes I even have

a lap tray and eat while here. Is my setup a bit extreme? Oh, yes. But,

it works for me well and will in the future I believe.

I probably need a laptop too so I won't get so fussed at about not

posting when I'm traveling. However, my general problem with laptops is

the small screens versus my vision. I personally would need at least the

17 inch screens and even then strain some. One reason I didn't use the

computers in the business section of the hotels I was in recently was

the small screens they had.

So, not saying my system is for anyone else, just works great for me.

Sitting extended time in a computer chair is too uncomfortable. With a

desktop you can get a 24 inch screen at a reasonable price. However,

laptops just have the natural limitation of screen size. For most of you

that probably isn't an issue. For me, it is.

>

> linda

> i think you said that you use the computer in a different room

> from don and planned to buy a laptop. if you haven't bought

> a new system yet, then i think you may find bruce's set up

> interesting. i'm sure he would be happy to explain it better

> than me but i believe he has a wireless keyboard and big tv screen

> used as monitor. this would let don read the messages with you and

> also let him see our pictures. your two sons should be able to

> help you with wireless set up etc. i think that would be money

> well spent.

>

> ive not been on pred but would echo that it takes 12-18 months to

> come to terms with this thing. pulm rehab gave me a sense of

> belonging as well as convincing me that my body didnt need me to

> protect it from movement. upper body exercises with small hand

> weights help your lungs breath and feel more comfortable. we need to

> know there are people like us, we need to belong somewhere where

> people understand.

>

> we need time to adjust and then we decide to 'concentrate on what we

> can do rather than what we cant' and we need our down days.

>

> may uip 0606

> glasgow, scotland

>

Guest guest

I'm glad he agreed to follow the doctors instructions for coming off the prednisone. The first thing I'd do though is make sure his symptoms are indeed from the prednisone. Some of them could be caused by the Immuran.... it's like unraveling my oxygen tubing....you never know where one thread is going to lead. The other thing I had a problem with when I weaned off the pred was my cough came back. That's why I use Advair now. It's inhaled steroid seems to control my cough.

How long is your list of questions for the doctor?????

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: linda k and don

Zena and May

Oh thanks for your words of encouragement. Our big screen tv is his baby and he usually loves to watch tv. Not so now though. He is very depressed and we now have an appointment on Friday to tell the doc he wants off pred. He said last night (promised he will take the doc's suggestions for getting off). He said that if his symptoms aren't the pred he wouldn't even fight going back on. He said quality of life stinks right now and he wants what he had back before pred (now that we have the cough better)

Thanks for all the love you give me. We did get a lap top and a router and when the program he is watching advertises I mute it and read some of the posts. Surprisingly he does listen and has come to trust you guys. Thanks again for all the love-hugs-info- and support. I could not walk this journey without all of you.

K

Illinoismay <maymcevoystone@ yahoo.com> wrote:

lindai think you said that you use the computer in a different roomfrom don and planned to buy a laptop. if you haven't boughta new system yet, then i think you may find bruce's set up interesting. i'm sure he would be happy to explain it betterthan me but i believe he has a wireless keyboard and big tv screen used as monitor. this would let don read the messages with you andalso let him see our pictures. your two sons should be able tohelp you with wireless set up etc. i think that would be moneywell spent.ive not been on pred but would echo that it takes 12-18 months tocome to terms with this thing. pulm rehab gave me a sense of belonging as well as convincing me that my body didnt need me toprotect it from movement. upper body exercises with small hand weights help your lungs breath and feel more comfortable. we need to know there are people like us, we need to belong somewhere where

people understand. we need time to adjust and then we decide to 'concentrate on what we can do rather than what we cant' and we need our down days. may uip 0606glasgow, scotland

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

How in the world do you know what the symptoms are from? That is what our son said. We have the cough controlled (finally) with the acid reflux and the reason we went on the prednisone to get the cough controlled. Prednisone didn't control the cough but acid reflux did. However we didn't cut the prednisone. Now, the doc said the last time we were there that if prednisone was going to help it would have done it right away. Obviously it didn't help him and as of lately he has all the side effects. Well, anyway, many of them. K Illinos Beth wrote: , I'm glad he agreed to follow the doctors instructions for coming off the prednisone. The first thing I'd do though is make sure his symptoms are indeed from the prednisone. Some of them could be caused by the Immuran.... it's like unraveling my oxygen tubing....you never know where one thread is going to lead. The other thing I had a problem with when I weaned off the pred was my cough came back. That's why I use Advair now. It's inhaled steroid seems to control my cough. How long is your list of questions for the doctor????? Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive Re: linda k and don Zena and May Oh thanks for your words of encouragement. Our big screen tv is his baby and he usually loves to watch tv. Not so now though. He is very depressed and we now have an appointment on Friday to tell the doc he wants off pred. He said last night (promised he will take the doc's

suggestions for getting off). He said that if his symptoms aren't the pred he wouldn't even fight going back on. He said quality of life stinks right now and he wants what he had back before pred (now that we have the cough better) Thanks for all the love you give me. We did get a lap top and a router and when the program he is watching advertises I mute it and read some of the posts. Surprisingly he does listen and has come to trust you guys. Thanks again for all the love-hugs-info- and support. I could not walk this journey without all of you. K Illinoismay <maymcevoystone@ yahoo.com> wrote: lindai think you said that you use the computer in a different roomfrom don and planned to buy a

laptop. if you haven't boughta new system yet, then i think you may find bruce's set up interesting. i'm sure he would be happy to explain it betterthan me but i believe he has a wireless keyboard and big tv screen used as monitor. this would let don read the messages with you andalso let him see our pictures. your two sons should be able tohelp you with wireless set up etc. i think that would be moneywell spent.ive not been on pred but would echo that it takes 12-18 months tocome to terms with this thing. pulm rehab gave me a sense of belonging as well as convincing me that my body didnt need me toprotect it from movement. upper body exercises with small hand weights help your lungs breath and feel more comfortable. we need to know there are people like us, we need to belong somewhere where people understand. we need time to adjust and then we decide to 'concentrate on what we can do rather than what

we cant' and we need our down days. may uip 0606glasgow, scotland K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

OK Bruce having major geek attack - so envious of the large monitor.

I don't really need it - I have a 19 inch wide screen - but oh how

cool is that. I love good toys. Comes with the territory as a

network admin I guess.

S, Lubbock, TX

NSIP w/PF Celiac type 2 diab

> >

> > linda

> > i think you said that you use the computer in a different room

> > from don and planned to buy a laptop. if you haven't bought

> > a new system yet, then i think you may find bruce's set up

> > interesting. i'm sure he would be happy to explain it better

> > than me but i believe he has a wireless keyboard and big tv screen

> > used as monitor. this would let don read the messages with you and

> > also let him see our pictures. your two sons should be able to

> > help you with wireless set up etc. i think that would be money

> > well spent.

> >

> > ive not been on pred but would echo that it takes 12-18 months to

> > come to terms with this thing. pulm rehab gave me a sense of

> > belonging as well as convincing me that my body didnt need me to

> > protect it from movement. upper body exercises with small hand

> > weights help your lungs breath and feel more comfortable. we need

to

> > know there are people like us, we need to belong somewhere where

> > people understand.

> >

> > we need time to adjust and then we decide to 'concentrate on what

we

> > can do rather than what we cant' and we need our down days.

> >

> > may uip 0606

> > glasgow, scotland

> >

>