RemedySpot.com

Re: Joyce update to Gwynne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gwynne HELLLLLOOOO, I am just so thrilled you are doing so well. Just amazing. Keep up the tremendous job.I know Misha is so happy to be back in your arms. Has the licking stopped yet?  Love puppy kisses.I spoke to Joyce today. The stint is in place all went pretty well. She bled quite a bit. They didn't move the pic linebecause she needs to have a few teeth removed. They are waiting until that is done.What a trooper. I think we have the most courageous people on our board. It is amazing the things you two have been through and yet keep your sweet spirits up which makes up strive to hang on. God Bless You Gwynne. You'll always be in my prayers. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi Gang!I went to clinic yesterday for the first time. The doc saysmy new lung is just perfect... his word. My PFTs (no 6mw)seemed to impress the doctors.They said they were someof the best first post-tx they've seen. I had labs and achest x-ray, and had the last of the sutures from the chesttubes taken out. I was taken down to 40 mg. Prednisone.I'm sleeping pretty well, just have bad tremors from it andthe Prograf. I've switched from Norco to Vicodin for thepain, which has improved a bit. The incision (on theback, wrapping around to the side - a thoracotomy)scar looks great - not too bruised or red at all. I had aa big bruise and a hematoma on my neck from eitherthe intubation or the ventilator, but they're getting betteras well, along with dark bruises on my arms. I'm makingan appointment with a psychiatrist just to have one in place,and they're supposed to call me from rehab to see aboutgetting set up there. I do some leg exercises they sent mehome from the hospital with.I've taken several slow walks outside around the apartmentcomplex, in real clothes (a few substitutions though, likea camisole). I still get a little winded, and am pretty weakwhen I walk. But when I'm sitting still, I can inhale andexhale deeply, and the PFTs didn't make me cough - simplyincredible. A personal miracle. Amazing, amazing, amazing.Misha was delivered Monday afternoon - whata great reunion that was! The apartment is quite homeynow that the kids have finished adding little touchesto warm it up a bit. I could never say enough about howgood it has been for the three of us to do all this together,and how wonderful they've been throughout. Kate and are doing a great job with meals and stayingon top of meds etc. A lot of their stress and frustrationfrom the past 4 years has been relieved by doing thesepositive, proactive things that have good results and showdaily improvement. And it's so good that they're spendingthe time with each other, too. God is so gracious and loving.Last night my daughter-in-law drove over from Austinfor dinner and that was lovely. e came down for onenight, and took my Companion portables back to Ft. Worthto return to the supplier. And my nose is alreadybeginning to heal from all the years of abuse and crusty,bloody crap and terrible soreness. When I think of all ofyou the most is when I pay careful attention to the silence.The exquisite silence that a room can now have without anose hose. I can hear my ears ringing again - back tonormal there. I also ask my air family to say prayers ofreverence and gratitude for the family of my donor forthe awesome gift of life.I'd appreciate it if someone would email me and keep meupdated about Joyce, who's in my vigilant prayers. Thankyou so much to all who have offered support, love, andprayers. My air family means so much to me. Thanks somuch to those of you who've made guestbook entries inmy CaringBridge web page. I'm so moved by each of them.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single lung transplanted 4-3-08 :-o