RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Caro's Appt

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Please let me know how the Cymbalta works. I also have RLS, terrible back pain, depression, and osteoporosis among other problems. I take oxycodone and Requip currently. I can only sleep from 4am to 10am or so. For depression I take Lexapro and that doesn't seem to cut it anymore.The biggest help I get is from the oxycodone but doctor wants me off it by summer so I don't get addicted. I don't get it, I've got another 2 years or so to live and she's afraid I'm going to become addicted. Anyway I'm not on oxygen yet but think I'm close and your problems seem close to mine and that is why I butted in here and am so interested in your results.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Re: Sher/Bruce/Caro... CookDate: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:33:53 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I actually couldn't believe it!! She told me I didn't need a Pap yet. She said she doesn't do them very often. I have never heard of not having regular Pap smears, even if you have had a hysterectomy. Guess every doc is different. Anyhoo, she did give me a fairly thorough exam, though. She wants to get the chem-8 blood tests and thryoid function studies. They already have liver studies through the pulmo and a CBC. She also wants me to go Friday and have a mammogram and a bone densitometry to check for osteoporosis since I have easy bruising and restless legs syndrome. She told me I needed to be on Prevacid for the ulcers and got a prescription for that. She also told me if that I seemed really depressed (surprise??) and I told her I had been on Celexa 20 mg for 3 years. She changed me to Cymbalta 30 mg for the first week, then up to 60 a day. She thinks the Cymbalta will not only help the depression, but the restless legs syndrome and the neuropathic pain from my back, as well, sort of a multitask drug, I guess! She also gave me some more Lorcet if I have breakthrough back pain. She said if that does not hold me, we will try some Xanax and Requip. Also, she asked me if I was on any oxygen. I told her not yet, and she said I may need to be, at least during exertion. They took 5 tubes of blood, a urine specimen, gave me my prescriptions, x-ray appointments, and then I got to leave. Guess overall it turned out pretty well. She was really nice and I like her a lot. It is really hard to tell a total stranger your life story............

At least I didn't have to do the Kentucky Derby thing today!!

CaroSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:

Caro... at my age I've been in those stirrups so many times I feel like a jockey!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Sher/Bruce/Caro... Cook

I tried to get through last night, but could never get through. Last week, I got through 10 times, but this week not any. I hope he still makes it!! Well, I am off to the Internal Med doc for the dreaded Pap smear, etc. God I absolutely hate those!!

CaroBruce Moreland <brucemorelandgmail> wrote:

Ok, one last word. insisted I vote last night. But, we've foundsomething very interesting. The show and lines are AT & T. So, voting onher home phone which is AT & T you rarely get busy signals. When she triesher cell and when I voted last night on my cell (both of us haveSprint), you only get through once every 20 times or so. Not sure why itis, but somehow AT & T has a smoother path if you're starting with them.> Bruce....I'll answer in the morning....gee whiz, AI is on!> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>> ----- Original Message -----> .>>>>>> Caro> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> Mississippi>>>----------------------------------------------------------\------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Guest guest

I will definitely let you know how the Cymbalta works. I just got it filled today, so have to start 30 mg a night for the first week, and then 60 mg a night thereafter. I hope it doesn't affect me like the prednisone and the Imuran did. God, I was so sick. Nausea and stomach cramps out the wazoo. I am just hoping for a good night's sleep for a change. I hope you feel better soon. We do sound to have similar symptoms. CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Ok, one last word. insisted I vote last night. But, we've foundsomething very interesting. The show and lines are AT & T. So, voting onher home phone which is AT & T you rarely get busy signals. When she triesher cell and when I voted last night on my cell (both of us haveSprint), you only get through once every 20 times or so. Not sure why itis, but somehow AT & T has a smoother path if you're starting with them.> Bruce....I'll answer in the morning....gee whiz, AI is on!> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>> ----- Original Message -----> .>>>>>> Caro> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> Mississippi>>>------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -\------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit

now.>CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi