RemedySpot.com

Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Had a bad day, Call you tomorrow! TerSher Bauman wrote: Thanks Ter...I think often of how we 'click' with some and 'don't click' with some.... I'm glad surgery is over 'cause now I will have two good eyes! May only need reading glasses. That would be great since I've worn glasses since age 12! Think I'll sign off for today and get

the rest I'm told to get. Take care and I'll talk with you later.............. Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: To All Just to let you know, my prayers are with you! I've

had a rough couple of weeks, so when you're feeling better I will call you! Love ya, TerSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: I'm having second cataract surgery early in the morning so I'll cya probably on Tuesday. Let's hope this one goes as well as the first one. (Sorry Peggy-yours was a rough one. Have you ever found the reason why??) My right eye was a breeze and in a few days I was driving w/o glasses! I've worn glasses since I was 12. I'm told I should need glasses now only for reading . Oh Happy Days! Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Peggy...good. Thanks for the update.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher

Hi Sher, I just talked with Kathie. She has been sick. But is on the mend. She did get her package. ;)

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest
;)  How is the eye/ Do you need readers ?? Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Peggy...good. Thanks for the update. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  SherHi Sher, I just talked with Kathie. She has been sick. But is on the mend. She did get her package. ;)Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Yes, I bought a pair of $5 readers so I can see up close. I suppose I'll get a "permanent" pair of glasses in a week or so. Heck the 5 buck pair ain't bad!

Eye is doing very well now. Swelling down, no more redness. How is your eye BTW?

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher

Hi Sher, I just talked with Kathie. She has been sick. But is on the mend. She did get her package. ;)

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Now Mama Sher Im turning the tables on YOU here & I'm gonna be the BIG MAMA for a wee while....NEWSBREAK......you can get MOVING RIGHT NOW!

What's this waiting for REHAB nonsense.....all you gotta DO is GET UP.....walk around your OWN house on the hour EVERY hour.......

TAKE the CHALLENGE MAMA...do it NOW......

You'll be even more ready for Rehab then!

lotsa LOVE,

GIO

> > > >> > > > Sher,> > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > helpful!> > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > Caro> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> Mississippi> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __>

Guest guest

Yep, I call it belly breathing. That is my excuse for the fluffy belly..  ;)   My Dr. did tell me that that is very good to do. I do it about 5 times in a row three or four times a day and always when I lay down at night. That is the hardest time is when I first lay down. I feel like an elephant is sitting on me.  Breath DEEP my friend DEEP. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Sher,While pursed lip breathing is most useful for COPD and other obstructive lung diseases it does help us too. It slows our breathing down and helps us to expel the CO2 in our lungs to make room for oxygen. I've been in situations where I my tank had run out and I couldn't immediately get to a new tank, I can keep my sats up for a period of time using the pursed lip breathing. The point is, just because it's most useful for another type of lung disease, it can also be effective for us. It's especially good for the times when I feel sob and yet my sats are fine. It seems to help me breathe more "efficiently" and let my poor confused brain know that I'm paying attention to the signals it's sending me. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive        Re: Sher-NSIP, I read that you are confused about what type of IPF you have--IPF, NSIP, etc. plus honeycombing.  I had the same issue.  For about 4 years, mine was diagnosed NSIP.  then I took my biopsy slides to a major ILD center (this year) and then I was diagnosed UIP(honeycombing) IPF.  My doctor told me that there have been newer advances for the pathlogist in reading the biopsy slides.  I am going to try and qualify for the STEP Trial in two weeks and the nurse mentioned to me that my biopsy slides would have to be looked at AGAIN for other characteristics that have been determined by the Trial.  Whew!  I know it is confusing.  Maybe different parts of our lungs can have different kinds of pulmonary fibrosis!  (This statement came from me!)  Toodles!  Jane UIP/IPF formerly NSIP 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > >> > > Sher,> > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > helpful!> > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > chosen not to go down that road.> > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> >>CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Sher/ Beth

Just to agree with Beth. Sher, sometime when your sats have gone

down a bit, do some pursed lip breathing and watch the oximeter as they

go up. To prove my point, I just sat here and took my oximeter and while

in the same position I've been in, I did pursed lip breathing and

watched mine climb from 93 to 98.

Just the fact we're concentrating on it makes us breathe better too. We

get some very good breaths, both inhaling and exhaling. I honestly have

a problem with forgetting to breathe enough. For instance your

pulse/demand portables are rated based on an assumed number of breaths

per minute and length of each breath. There are times I know I don't

breathe as many breaths per minute or as long a breath as I should. If I

see my sats drop, while I'm turning my oxygen up I'm also doing pursed

lip breathing.

> > > >

> > > > Sher,

> > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP

> > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much

longer

> > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,

> > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen

patients

> > > with NSIP who have been " stable for decades. " I mean I know that

my

> > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is

> > > helpful!

> > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease

or

> > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by

CT

> > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed)

you

> > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter

as

> > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself

> > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why

you've

> > > chosen not to go down that road.

> > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!

> > > > Beth

> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > >

> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,

RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08

> Mississippi

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

>

Guest guest

Hah Mama..the Pool Attendant says he wants to use some of my Water Exercise ideas....Howse That.....they come over to check what I've dreamt up next!

I can't stand Swimming LAPS so I do all sorts of other stuff to exercise different muscle groups twice a week for an hour each time (In the heated pool when its cool & the unheated one in summer time!)

One of my girlfriends comes with me on Tuesday mornings & another for my Thursday session. That way we stick to it.....we don't want to let the other one down so we make sure we turn up.....Oh & then there is the morning cuppa n' chat to look forward to afterwards!

It helps to have 2 of you doin' weird stuff instead of 'Proper' swimming ....in this country you get thrown in the pool shortly after Birth & expected to sink or swim (well metaphorically speaking !)....EVERYBODY learns to swim by age 7 in Government run swimming school over the long Summer Break..ALL schools MUST have swim programs for ALL kids!

see how boring THAT is compared to STUFF!

SGIO

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > > helpful!> > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > > Beth> > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > >

Guest guest

Oh boy ...I wish I had access to a warm water pool! We have a city pool where I live but the water is so cold I can't use it due to the arthritis and fibromyalgia. You lucky girl, to have a pool! Think I'll just come on down and go with ya.

Re: Sher

Hah Mama..the Pool Attendant says he wants to use some of my Water Exercise ideas....Howse That.....they come over to check what I've dreamt up next!

I can't stand Swimming LAPS so I do all sorts of other stuff to exercise different muscle groups twice a week for an hour each time (In the heated pool when its cool & the unheated one in summer time!)

One of my girlfriends comes with me on Tuesday mornings & another for my Thursday session. That way we stick to it.....we don't want to let the other one down so we make sure we turn up.....Oh & then there is the morning cuppa n' chat to look forward to afterwards!

It helps to have 2 of you doin' weird stuff instead of 'Proper' swimming ....in this country you get thrown in the pool shortly after Birth & expected to sink or swim (well metaphorically speaking !)....EVERYBODY learns to swim by age 7 in Government run swimming school over the long Summer Break..ALL schools MUST have swim programs for ALL kids!

see how boring THAT is compared to STUFF!

SGIO

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > > helpful!> > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > > Beth> > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > >

Guest guest

BEG....in fact DON'T take NO for an answer......it will make SOOOOOOO much difference to his spirit & sense of feeling lost & unable to DO anything about things....

GIO> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Sher,> > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis. NSIP> > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much longer> > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter of fact,> > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen patients> > > > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that my> > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > > > helpful!> > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the disease or> > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiable by CT> > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed) you> > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't matter as> > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why you've> > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happy word!!> > > > > > > Beth> > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > > > Mississippi> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > >

Guest guest

/Sher

One of the coolest things I've seen is in the , TX Senior Center.

They have what they call the " winding river " weaving around. It is

several feet wide and with water about three feet or so deep I guess and

there is a current and you walk against the flow of the water.

It's amazing how many different ideas one can come up with. I hate

shopping, but I like looking around stores when not looking for anything

but just seeing what new is out. So, in bad weather I'd go walk a

Wal-Mart or Home Depot or Lowe's and cover every aisle-no time limits.

Similarly I would go to malls and observe the crazy things and people

and walk just leisurely around. I love Willow Bend Mall here for that

because the stores are all expensive and I've never bought anything in

any of them, but they have the most comfortable seats scattered

throughout the mall and generally not crowded. Part of that was for the

exercise and part was just to keep getting out even when it was to cold

to enjoy the outdoors (and in summer here it will be too hot).

Its amazing the games you can play with yourself as I imagine some of

your " other stuff " is. For instance you could walk around the pool

imagining you're walking through some form of obstacle course or around

pylons. This gives different muscles exercise and works on balance but

in a safe setting.

The Senior Centers here have some great (although I haven't been to

them) low impact exercise classes, some sitting, some designed for those

with arthritis. One can turn on the radio and while maybe not up to

dancing or heavy aerobics just change the movement of your feet to the

pace of each song. Even do every other beat if you need to, but combine

the enjoyment of the music with easy exercise.

My physical therapist used a lot of Pilates based exercises which were

not strenous at all. It does not have to seem like exercise to be

beneficial to us. More than anything its keeping our bodies going and

maintaining what muscle and overall condition we can while keeping our

breathing as good as possible. Which brings me to the last reminder. Do

not forget the many simple breathing exercises that can help us. I

prefer my spirometer because I can measure where I am. But others would

certainly prefer those that require nothing but their bodies.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sher,

> > > > > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your

> diagnosis. NSIP

> > > > > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is

much

> longer

> > > > > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter

of

> fact,

> > > > > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's

seen

> patients

> > > > > > > with NSIP who have been " stable for decades. " I mean I

know

> that my

> > > > > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us

hope

> is

> > > > > > > helpful!

> > > > > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of the

> disease or

> > > > > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very

> identifiable by CT

> > > > > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or

> mixed) you

> > > > > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn't

> matter as

> > > > > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put

> yourself

> > > > > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get

why

> you've

> > > > > > > chosen not to go down that road.

> > > > > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my

happy

> word!!

> > > > > > > > Beth

> > > > > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >