RemedySpot.com

What I've been doing...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Peggy,

Here was my day today:

Get up, have coffee with my mom, then breakfast.

Shower and get ready to get out the door.

Drive over to Virginia's (the elderly lady I take care of two days a week) on the other side of Durham. Here's where things get weird. It was GORGEOUS today. When I left my house it was 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I get to her house, and she greets me at the door, wearing, her pajamas, sweatpants and a sweatshirt, a fleece jacket, a wool coat and a hat. She looked like Nanook of the North. I just stood there, speechless while she proceeds to tell me how cold it is and why wasn't I wearing a jacket. I thought I was having a Twilight Zone experience. Once I unraveled what was going on, it turned out her heat had broken sometime during the night, she had gotten chilled. It was 67 in the house but as far as she was concerned it might as well have been 30. I finally coaxed her into sitting in the sun on her deck and she warmed up immediately. Called her daughter and the heating and ac guy

was there in 30 minutes. She needs a new furnace which will be installed on Monday. Problem solved.

Then home, make some phone calls and water the inside plants.

Back in the car, drive over to my sisters and drop something off

Stop at CVS for a couple of things.

Home, fix myself a sandwich and check my emails.

In a few minutes I'm going to go for a walk and then take a shower. After that I'll collapse in my recliner for a while and do nuttin.

Tomorrow promises to be not quite so busy. I promise I'm getting enough rest. It feels good to be able to do the things I'm doing. I'm so thankful that I'm still able to be fairly active. I've been in very close touch with my friend in Massachusetts Jo. Her husband is in the final stages of MS and will not live much longer. I may post a bit about his journey later on. His disease is very different from ours but the lessons I've learned about dealing with a terminal diagnosis from this man are too numerous to even contemplate.

I'm out the door to walk a bit before I get too tired to even want to try!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Joyce update

Just talked to Lucian, Joyce just got back from having five teeth extracted. very little bleeding. They stitched the gum to

help with that. Lucian told me about the pay out and he sounded so truly grateful to be done with that and spending more time with the Queen.

Now for the Flolan goodies, her pressure was 61 and is now 41. Normal is 14. The Dr. in charge of the Flolan is from Duke and said if it keeps going down "Down the road they may look at " TRANSPLANT". ......... .. Oh how good our God is. The stint will probably help that happen..They are going to move the pic line tomorrow.

I am just sitting here not knowing weather to laugh or cry. What a fighter she is.

Keep praying for her complete recovery, quickly.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

wow Beth, I'm so very impressed at your enegry and I'm proud of you. But guess what I did..ever since you talked about living and not just surviving I went out today, got my self some new perfume, and a new coffee pot, did some shopping and my daughter went with me to get the dye to color my hair and hide the gray, I'm gonna enjoy life again!!!!! Thank you so much!!

Love,

Vicky81856 Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Vicky,

Sounds like you've been busy yourself there missy! I love perfume and fortunately it doesn't bother my breathing. (Except if someone is wearing something especially strong. LOL) What did you buy? My favorite old standby that I've been wearing since I was in college is Halston but I also LOOOOOOOVE Stella by Stella McCartney. It's a rose based perfume and I am a sucker for anything rose scented. And this is silly but the CVS brand of baby lotion that's lavender scented is really nice.

It's almost time for me to color my hair again too. Before I moved my old hairdresser gave me the brand and formula for the color she used on my hair. So now I can buy the product and do it myself which saves me about $60 every time I do it! Bless her heart!

Vicky we're supposed to enjoy life and I'm glad you're getting back in the swing of it again. But please even if you feel like you're getting depressed again, stick close to us. We love you and will stand by you NO MATTER WHAT!!

Love you girl!

Beth

Re: What I've been doing...

wow Beth, I'm so very impressed at your enegry and I'm proud of you. But guess what I did..ever since you talked about living and not just surviving I went out today, got my self some new perfume, and a new coffee pot, did some shopping and my daughter went with me to get the dye to color my hair and hide the gray, I'm gonna enjoy life again!!!!! Thank you so much!!

Love,

Vicky81856

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Vicky,

because I have very sensitive skin, I can't wear any perfume, even when we go at the mall and they ask at the

perfume counter would you like to try a sample of perfume, I say No!

Sometimes, I ask them can I smell the perfume and they sure

I'm even allergic to fake jewelry.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 7:10 am

Subject: Re: What I've been doing...

Vicky,

Sounds like you've been busy yourself there missy! I love perfume and fortunately it doesn't bother my breathing. (Except if someone is wearing something especially strong. LOL) What did you buy? My favorite old standby that I've been wearing since I was in college is Halston but I also LOOOOOOOVE Stella by Stella McCartney. It's a rose based perfume and I am a sucker for anything rose scented. And this is silly but the CVS brand of baby lotion that's lavender scented is really nice.

It's almost time for me to color my hair again too. Before I moved my old hairdresser gave me the brand and formula for the color she used on my hair. So now I can buy the product and do it myself which saves me about $60 every time I do it! Bless her heart!

Vicky we're supposed to enjoy life and I'm glad you're getting back in the swing of it again. But please even if you feel like you're getting depressed again, stick close to us. We love you and will stand by you NO MATTER WHAT!!

Love you girl!

Beth

Re: What I've been doing...

Love,

Vicky81856

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

I'm not sensitive to perfumes, but they smell horrible on me! Lovely in the bottle, but for some reason, nasty once it's been on me for a while.

Something I dislike though is someone wearing too much scent. I was lunching with my friends mum yesterday and she had swum in her perfume. It was far too strong and affected the flavour of my food! I find that as bad as someone with bad hygiene tbh.

Love Ze xx>> Vicky,> > because I have very sensitive skin, I can't wear any perfume, even when we go at the mall and they ask at the > perfume counter would you like to try a sample of perfume, I say No!> > Sometimes, I ask them can I smell the perfume and they sure> > I'm even allergic to fake jewelry.?> > Irene> > > ---- Original Message ----> To: Breathe-Support > Sent: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 7:10 am> Subject: Re: What I've been doing...> > > > > > > > > > Vicky,> > Sounds like you've been busy yourself there missy!? I love perfume and fortunately it doesn't bother my breathing. (Except if someone is wearing something especially strong. LOL) What did you buy?? My favorite old standby that I've been wearing since I was in college is Halston but I also LOOOOOOOVE Stella by Stella McCartney. It's a rose based perfume and I am a sucker for anything rose scented.? And this is silly but the CVS brand of baby lotion that's lavender scented is really nice.> > It's almost time for me to color my hair again too. Before I moved my old hairdresser gave me the brand and formula for the color she used on my hair. So now I can buy the product and do it myself which saves me about $60 every time I do it! Bless her heart!> > Vicky we're supposed to enjoy life and I'm glad you're getting back in the swing of it again. But please even if you feel like you're getting depressed again, stick close to us. We love you and will stand by you NO MATTER WHAT!! > > Love you girl!> > > > > ?> > Beth? > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > ?> > Change everything. Love and Forgive?? ?> > ?> > ?> > > > > Re: What I've been doing...> > > > > wow Beth, I'm so very impressed at your enegry and I'm proud of you. But guess what I did..ever since you talked about living and not just surviving I went? out today, got my self some new perfume, and a new coffee pot, did some shopping and my daughter went with me to get the dye to color my hair and hide the gray, I'm gonna enjoy life again!!!!! Thank you so much!!> > ?> > Love,> > ?> > Vicky81856?> > > wow Beth, I'm so very impressed at your enegry and I'm proud of you. But guess what I did..ever since you talked about living and not just surviving I went? out today, got my self some new perfume, and a new coffee pot, did some shopping and my daughter went with me to get the dye to color my hair and hide the gray, I'm gonna enjoy life again!!!!! Thank you so much!!> > ?> > Love,> > ?> > Vicky81856?> > > > > Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.> > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>

Guest guest

Beth,

I bought something new, I got some Nautica Woman, its a lil strong but smells good and doesn't bother me. My fav is either White Linen or White Diamonds. I'm hurtin a lil more today, came down to 25 mg from 30 but still hangin there. The hubby and I took a "lil" nap at 8:30pm and I didn't get up till 1am so here it is, 3:39am and I'm up, oh well, the joy of steroids. Think I'll do some cleaning,

Irene,

I can understand the fake jewerly part, my ears are pierced but I cant stand to wear anything cept pure gold so.....I dont wear any....:)

I have hit people with the ridey cart!!!! Not on purpose and usually mu hubby warns people, get outta the way, shes dangerous...lol

Sher,

I'm still hangin in there, with a good attitude...:)

I love you all..........

Vicky81856

Guest guest

Vicky,

Last night I couldn't sleep either, even though I took pain medication, so around 11:30pm, I took a shower and then

listened to music, fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 3am and went back to bed, I didn't wake up until 11am.

I'm swollen like a tomato and pain is soooo bad. I have to hang in there, Tuesday is just around the corner and my

sister is coming to spend the night tommorrow.

I'm just going over papers and last minute check so I won't forget anything.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 2:43 am

Subject: Re: What I've been doing...

Beth,

I bought something new, I got some Nautica Woman, its a lil strong but smells good and doesn't bother me. My fav is either White Linen or White Diamonds. I'm hurtin a lil more today, came down to 25 mg from 30 but still hangin there. The hubby and I took a "lil" nap at 8:30pm and I didn't get up till 1am so here it is, 3:39am and I'm up, oh well, the joy of steroids. Think I'll do some cleaning,

Irene,

I can understand the fake jewerly part, my ears are pierced but I cant stand to wear anything cept pure gold so.....I dont wear any....:)

I have hit people with the ridey cart!!!! Not on purpose and usually mu hubby warns people, get outta the way, shes dangerous...lol

Sher,

I'm still hangin in there, with a good attitude...:)

I love you all..........

Vicky81856

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.