changes. It's much like us with our baby wipes and our hand santitizer

trying to take every precaution we can. I would be very pleased that

they're having you do more than before. It says they are doing

everything they can and probably much more they've changed behind the

scenes.

Similarly, I don't know about Canada, but every hospital I've been in

recently in the US (a total of 4 in the past couple of months) has gone

wild with hand sanitizer and signs everywhere. It's almost like if there

was a wall anywhere they put some. Certainly the entrance to every area.

From Chicago to Dallas, I've seen it. And, I've seen it in two local

hospitals where it was not like that before.

So, I'd feel good about any extra precaution being taken. I actually, on

my VATS, had to put neosporin all around inside and outside on my nose.

They said it was to protect me from my own staph. I thought Neosporin

with Oxygen was a " no-no " but guess the petroleum content isn't enough

to concern them.

>

> When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this

pre-operative washing liquid.

>

> It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin

cleanser).

>

> On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then

on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital

>

> my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't

given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of

> the bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.

>

> Thanks

> Irene

>

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ?

with a Canadian perspective.

>

Guest guest

Irene,

I doubt that it's specifically because of the bowel resection. My guess would be that the hospital likely has a new protocol for pre-op patients. There has been much publicity regarding hospital caused infections, antibiotic resistant bacteria like MRSA and the like that most hospitals are upgrading and updating their procedures and protocols.

I'd use the product they gave you and follow whatever the instructions say. It's definitely for your protection. I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

MB (Question for you)

When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospitalmy question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because ofthe bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.ThanksIrene

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Thanks MB & Bruce

I will definitely do as they say!

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 6:04 pm

Subject: Re: MB (Question for you)

Irene,

I doubt that it's specifically because of the bowel resection. My guess would be that the hospital likely has a new protocol for pre-op patients. There has been much publicity regarding hospital caused infections, antibiotic resistant bacteria like MRSA and the like that most hospitals are upgrading and updating their procedures and protocols.

I'd use the product they gave you and follow whatever the instructions say. It's definitely for your protection. I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

MB (Question for you)

When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.

It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).

On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital

my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of

the bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.

Thanks

Irene Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Irene,

When I had my lung biopsy in 2003, I had to take a shower the night before and the morning of the surgery with a soap that they prescribed. The nurse gave it to me at my pre-op visit. Good Luck, and I am praying for you!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Irene,> I doubt that it's specifically because of the bowel resection. My guess would be that the hospital likely has a new protocol for pre-op patients. There has been much publicity regarding hospital caused infections, antibiotic resistant bacteria like MRSA and the like that most hospitals are upgrading and updating their procedures and protocols. > I'd use the product they gave you and follow whatever the instructions say. It's definitely for your protection. I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well!> > > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > MB (Question for you)> > When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.> > It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).> > On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital> > my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of> the bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.> > Thanks> Irene> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.>

Guest guest

Hi Irene, This is a new one to me. I had a colon resection and I never had that.Let me know if you ever find out! From one semi colon to another! Love ya, TerryIrn3189@... wrote: When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin

cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospitalmy question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because ofthe bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.ThanksIrene Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Actually Terry, I need to shower on Monday and Tuesday using this cleanser...I tried a little sample on my hand, to see if I get

an allergic reaction to it..but I didn't...the nurse said when I use it on Monday and get a skin reaction not to use it on Tuesday am

Yesterday, I contacted my lung dr and he told me as soon as I get to the hospital on Tuesday, to tell the nurses to notify him ASAP.

I'm having a ressection of the terminal ileum (the end of the small intestine). Now there's more butterflies in my stomach lol as the days are

approaching.

As soon as I'm in my room and able I'll let Bruce know and he can post the telephone number in my room.

Irene

Sent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 6:53 pm

Hi Irene,

This is a new one to me. I had a colon resection and I never had that.Let me know if you ever find out!

From one semi colon to another!

Love ya,

Terry

Irn3189aim wrote:

When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.

It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).

On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital

my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of

the bowel ressection to minimize skin infection during surgery.

Thanks

Irene

Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thanks Jane. I think it's the butterflies in my stomach lol!

Irene

Sent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 6:45 pm

Irene,

When I had my lung biopsy in 2003, I had to take a shower the night before and the morning of the surgery with a soap that they prescribed. The nurse gave it to me at my pre-op visit. Good Luck, and I am praying for you!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

> Irene,

> I doubt that it's specifically because of the bowel resection. My guess would be that the hospital likely has a new protocol for pre-op patients. There has been much publicity regarding hospital caused infections, antibiotic resistant bacteria like MRSA and the like that most hospitals are upgrading and updating their procedures and protocols.

> I'd use the product they gave you and follow whatever the instructions say. It's definitely for your protection. I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well!

>

>

> Beth

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

>

>

>

>

> MB (Question for you)

>

> When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this pre-operative washing liquid.

>

> It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin cleanser).

>

> On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital

>

> my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of

>

> Thanks

> Irene

>

>

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

>

Guest guest

Irene

Good girl....I like that let me know part. Finally taught you that cell

phone isn't any good if you don't take the charger with you. Oh the

agony from you in ER in the middle of the night and it dying and not

knowing what was going on. So, anything you let me know or have your

sister text or call me or anything, I'll pass right on. I imagine you'll

be pretty dopey most of the day of the operation but I'm betting I can

make you laugh the day after.

>

>

>

> When I was at my Pre-Op on Monday....the nurse gave me this

pre-operative washing liquid.

>

> It's called Dexidin 4 Detergent (Antibacterial detersive skin

cleanser).

>

> On Monday, I need to take shower and use the skin cleanser) and then

on Tuesday morning before I leave for the hospital

>

> my question is in the past i've had surgeries and this cleanser wasn't

given to me, I'm just wondering why now...is it because of

>

> Thanks

> Irene

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment

†" with a Canadian perspective.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>